Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

One thing is currently unexplained.

Shows have traditionally been released just before noon ET and E Street Radio have started playing the show at noon. However, E Street Radio's Friday schedule has recently changed so that they play an archive show at 10am ET instead of noon. So, what happens when we get a release, does it come two hours earlier or do E Street Radio start playing it two hours before release? Or, something else?

Bloody 'ell, that's gonna keep me up all night working that one out.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theseshadows said:

I ve switched to download the shows once a year (yeah, all of the 12-13 a year) since 2 or 3 years. But this show I would buy right away.

I feel like standing in the wind in front of this old building again after all those years thinking about it...

Oh yeah. I was only kidding... I mean seeing as I started the whole Wembley 02 campaign in the first place... 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BossfanNL said:

Forgive me my ignorance guys, but what makes that Wembly 2002 show so special? 

The jokes about it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/10/2021 at 5:04 PM, saschanrw said:

Hi! Regular Nugs-Releases are pressed on CDR, the are not factory-pressed silver Discs. There were limited Edition factory pressed CDs of Milano ans Metlife 2016 in the past.

Cheers for the info!

12 hours ago, Lampi said:

The jokes about it.

That, plus it was the best show ever! 

(that may or may not be hyperbolic but it was an amazing show all the same) 

• Bruuuuce! 1

7 hours ago, J said:

That, plus it was the best show ever! 

(that may or may not be hyperbolic but it was an amazing show all the same) 

When I came out of it I'd almost lost my voice (!!?) - never happened before, never happened since!

• Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, sleepyjoe said:

The No Nukes show was pulled from Nugs... don't know why or if on purpose, but it's no longer there

Maybe the archives are drying up and No Nukes will be re-gifted as the new release on this Friday!

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

On 7/13/2021 at 6:28 AM, BossfanNL said:

Forgive me my ignorance guys, but what makes that Wembly 2002 show so special? 

I'll be honest, I have no idea but if we say it enough it must be good and come true right? ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, zzcoolness said:

I'll be honest, I have no idea but if we say it enough it must be good and come true right? ;) 

I mean yeah, I called for MSG 1 2009 for a good long while despite the cries of "they don't have it".

Here's hoping for main point 75 on friday

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 2

58 minutes ago, lilbud said:

I mean yeah, I called for MSG 1 2009 for a good long while despite the cries of "they don't have it".

Here's hoping for main point 75 on friday

You never know what could happen. 

8 hours ago, sleepyjoe said:

The No Nukes show was pulled from Nugs... don't know why or if on purpose, but it's no longer there

I could imagine that being part of some future video project. I also suspect that the reason the Ahmanson Theatre 1 May 1973 show has never been released is that they intend to release the full video at some point.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sleepyjoe said:

Would be incredible to have the No Nukes sets on a blu ray disc. That Quarter to three reprise is the best all time footage of live Bruce ever, IMHO. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Would be incredible to have the No Nukes sets on a blu ray disc

It would be but why would Bruce Inc release it? What box would it be relevant for? Already have Darkness and River. Standalone release would push back Tracks II or new album.

Also video for New Orleans '06 was officially released on Youtube after its archive came out, but that's still available for audio only purchase

11 minutes ago, sleepyjoe said:

It would be but why would Bruce Inc release it? What box would it be relevant for? Already have Darkness and River. Standalone release would push back Tracks II or new album.

Also video for New Orleans '06 was officially released on Youtube after its archive came out, but that's still available for audio only purchase

I think, at some point, there will be an opening of the film archive. Maybe a career spanning set of DVD/BRs covering his whole career. Maybe that's the "something exciting" that Thom Zimny said he was working on. The New Orléans show was just put up on YouTube and not made available for sale.

All highly speculative I know, but something of this nature seems (to me at least) a possible explanation for why they might have pulled the download.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I think, at some point, there will be an opening of the film archive. Maybe a career spanning set of DVD/BRs covering his whole career. Maybe that's the "something exciting" that Thom Zimny said he was working on. The New Orléans show was just put up on YouTube and not made available for sale.

All highly speculative I know, but something of this nature seems (to me at least) a possible explanation for why they might have pulled the download.

When did Zimny say this?

It was reported by a BTX poster that there will be a new show released tomorrow and we should be Thankful.

Sounds like a hint.

Either way, excited to get whatever show it is.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

12 hours ago, Music City Mike said:

Well, am I supposed to give a hoot that tomorrow is a Friday? Hate the silence.

"There's a code of silence that we don't dare speak"

• Haha 1