Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?


Recommended Posts

On 7/14/2021 at 3:56 PM, sleepyjoe said:

The No Nukes show was pulled from Nugs... don't know why or if on purpose, but it's no longer there

Friend told me they’re gonna release “every song from the two shows on video.” His source unclear if that means the two complete concerts, like the audio archive releases, that are now conspicuously missing from the BS/ NUGS stores, or a compilation of both nights, understanding not many changes in the two sets. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a feeling we won't be getting a release at all this month. Still no hints, plus if they release something today it will mean the next release will be delayed yet again, so they probably skip this month entirely to be able to finally get back to a normal schedule.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, sleepyjoe said:

It would be but why would Bruce Inc release it? What box would it be relevant for? Already have Darkness and River. Standalone release would push back Tracks II or new album.

Also video for New Orleans '06 was officially released on Youtube after its archive came out, but that's still available for audio only purchase

Why release it?
The shows are phenomenal. The filming is superb. The films of the shows are light years better than any “new album” could ever be. We haven’t had Tracks II for 23 years so at this point . . .  release the No Nukes films!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

It was reported by a BTX poster that there will be a new show released tomorrow and we should be Thankful.

Sounds like a hint.

Either way, excited to get whatever show it is.

IMO we should be thankful is to say that we should be thankful one is coming after absolute silence all month. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Rumble said:

Friend told me they’re gonna release “every song from the two shows on video.” His source unclear if that means the two complete concerts, like the audio archive releases, that are now conspicuously missing from the BS/ NUGS stores, or a compilation of both nights, understanding not many changes in the two sets. 
 

 

And I’m fairly sure the original production used high quality film which would be upgradable to HD for modern release quality as Tempe ‘80 was. Here’s hoping! Has to be a reason why the audio has been pulled from nugs. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

And I’m fairly sure the original production used high quality film which would be upgradable to HD for modern release quality as Tempe ‘80 was. Here’s hoping! Has to be a reason why the audio has been pulled from nugs. 

Maybe rights expired. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And let's not forget that some tantalising NN footage was included in the LTY documentary, all ship shape and shiny. Problem is, what do they do with the, ahem, Lynn Goldsmith footage and the birthday cake footage?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, sleepyjoe said:

Oh my, didn't know those clips were from the Nukes show!

So was LTY the first time they were shown in HD?

I believe so. Having trawled through the footage to choose these clips, you can only hope Zimny and co were struck by just how incredible the No Nukes performances were, and decided to upgrade it and use the whole thing for a full release. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I believe so. Having trawled through the footage to choose these clips, you can only hope Zimny and co were struck by just how incredible the No Nukes performances were, and decided to upgrade it and use the whole thing for a full release. 

It could be the other way round, that they included those clips because they'd already been working on the show.

  • Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

E Street Radio have just given a rundown of the rest of today's schedule, with no mention of a new show. They are playing Rome 2016 at 10am ET.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

E Street Radio have just given a rundown of the rest of today's schedule, with no mention of a new show. They are playing Rome 2016 at 10am ET.

I guess this doesn't prove that there won't be a release today, just that E Street Radio won't be playing it today if there is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I guess this doesn't prove that there won't be a release today, just that E Street Radio won't be playing it today if there is.

Theoretically it's not a normal "archive release" did they ever play Tempe when it released?

Even then didn't they play the No Nukes release when it was first available? No new archive could mean they are just going to replay No Nukes and release the video beside it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing that's pissing me off is I used the nugs app to stream my downloads, and now it's not available. Hopefully that means a free copy of the video ;). Aside, that's extremely unlikely and I'll be annoyed if I can't access that download.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There has never been the slightest suggestion that the relationship with nugs extends to the release of videos, so I wouldn't get too expectant of any such release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...