Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

Just now, doesthisbusstop said:

Well I’ve got all 68 archives in HD so tomorrow I’m going to play whatever number my 1-68 random number generator picks. 

Link here: 

https://numbergenerator.org/randomnumbergenerator/1-68

Archive numbers here: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Springsteen_Archives

10 minutes ago, audelish70 said:

It seems like next archive release will be August 1985, according to a BTX user.

We'll see...

Which night exactly and will that be released next week then?

51 minutes ago, audelish70 said:

It seems like next archive release will be August 1985, according to a BTX user.

We'll see...

That's the info I was given...Lazysean knows his stuff and has been spot on multiple times. He knew it was Berkeley last month as well as two other times.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, BossMan13 said:

Giants stadium is most likely. 

I’ve been thinking about this and I have been wondering, how would the final shows of 1985 (audio) hold up on their own today?  I know the overall feel of the tour by that time was the height of Bruce & The ESB from a mass popularity standpoint, but does all of that translate into an enjoyable recording?  I guess I’m generally skeptical of audio of stadium and outdoor shows, which have often sounded sluggish and bloated with dead space and a decrease in musical detail in comparison to arena and theatre shows.  All depends on the night and the level of sophistication of the recording of course.

4 hours ago, badlands78 said:

I’ve been thinking about this and I have been wondering, how would the final shows of 1985 (audio) hold up on their own today?  I know the overall feel of the tour by that time was the height of Bruce & The ESB from a mass popularity standpoint, but does all of that translate into an enjoyable recording?  I guess I’m generally skeptical of audio of stadium and outdoor shows, which have often sounded sluggish and bloated with dead space and a decrease in musical detail in comparison to arena and theatre shows.  All depends on the night and the level of sophistication of the recording of course.

I think the LA archive from 27th September 1985 sounds great. If it’s true it’s an August 1985 show then I hope it sounds as good as that LA one does. 

5 hours ago, BossMan13 said:

Artists request No Nukes was removed. 

That could still mean that Bruce asked for it to be removed because he wants to use it for something else.

If (big speculative if) there is to be a DVD/BR release at some point, the soundtrack will be licenced to Sony, which would conflict with the nugs release.

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

What? Jackson Browne? That seems a bit petty.

Not necessarily Jackson Browne. Bruce is the main artist on the recording. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, badlands78 said:

If you've any doubt how good an outdoor BITUSA show sounds, you only have to look at the superb recordings done by @JimCT, & the excellent mastering of his work by Hrubesh.

They really don't get much better than that :) Here's an example:

https://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/133405-the-bootleg-collectors-corner/page/1061/&tab=comments#comment-3312855

• Love Love Love! 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

22 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

That could still mean that Bruce asked for it to be removed because he wants to use it for something else.

If (big speculative if) there is to be a DVD/BR release at some point, the soundtrack will be licenced to Sony, which would conflict with the nugs release.

Not necessarily Jackson Browne. Bruce is the main artist on the recording. 

You clearly missed my joke about it being petty.

8 minutes ago, mickb said:

If you've any doubt how good an outdoor BITUSA show sounds, you only have to look at the superb recordings done by @JimCT, & the excellent mastering of his work by Hrubesh.

https://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/133405-the-bootleg-collectors-corner/page/1061/&tab=comments#comment-3312855

Absolutely mickb. Sometimes we obsess so much about sound quality (myself as much as anyone) that the beauty of a spectacular sounding recording like this can be overlooked. It’s ok to love both and this recording is right at the top alongside my favourite archives. 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2

4 hours ago, mickb said:

4 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Absolutely mickb. Sometimes we obsess so much about sound quality (myself as much as anyone) that the beauty of a spectacular sounding recording like this can be overlooked. It’s ok to love both and this recording is right at the top alongside my favourite archives. 

Ahh but that’s sort of what I’m getting at… a good audience recording is one thing, but are there elements of an outdoor stadium show that are lost in a Nugs/professional release?

• Like 3

Getting an August 1985 show is something to really look forward too (if true)! Personally, I would have slightly preferred a late 1984 show or a show from Europe in early 1985 though. 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

3 hours ago, BossfanNL said:

Getting an August 1985 show is something to really look forward too (if true)! Personally, I would have slightly preferred a late 1984 show or a show from Europe in early 1985 though. 

“Racing In The Street” ‘84 would be awesome 

• Love Love Love! 1

1 minute ago, badlands78 said:

“Racing In The Street” ‘84 would be awesome 

Which is exactly why I want one of those shows. Also Europe 85 (and Australia too!) had some very good shows. 

32 minutes ago, BossfanNL said:

Also Europe 85 (and Australia too!) had some very good shows

We continue to live in hope that one was professionally recorded, although it seems not to be the case.

• Like 1