Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

47 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

We continue to live in hope that one was professionally recorded, although it seems not to be the case.

That is really too bad. Was it, for example known, that Berkeley 1978 was recorded? That seemed like a surprise, right? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BossfanNL said:

That is really too bad. Was it, for example known, that Berkeley 1978 was recorded? That seemed like a surprise, right? 

I'm not aware that Berkley was known about. It does give us hope that there may still be a few surprises left.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, BossfanNL said:

It was not a total surprise as a recording was used (Prove It) as a promo in 1978. It was forgotten rather than unknown. 

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Fabrice said:

It was not a total surprise as a recording was used (Prove It) as a promo in 1978. It was forgotten rather than unknown. 

And the widely-circulating (incomplete) boot was a soundboard, too. 

I’d be stunned if they had anything other than the Meadowlands stand from 1984/Giants Stadium and LA 1985 in multitrack based on everything that’s been discussed in the various places since the start of the series. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BossfanNL said:

Getting an August 1985 show is something to really look forward too (if true)! Personally, I would have slightly preferred a late 1984 show or a show from Europe in early 1985 though. 

Same here but anything from 84-85 is great in my book :)

• Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, lazysean said:

Berkeley was mentioned in his August 78 Rolling Stone cover story, which is a fantastic read if you've not seen it before, detailing that week from Berkeley through the LA Forum, Roxy, and Phoenix in early July.   Along with Phoenix + the third Passaic show it was one of the last '78 shows that we knew for sure was professionally recorded.  

Thank you for that link. That was an interesting and pleasant read! 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lazysean said:

Berkeley was mentioned in his August 78 Rolling Stone cover story, which is a fantastic read if you've not seen it before, detailing that week from Berkeley through the LA Forum, Roxy, and Phoenix in early July.   Along with Phoenix + the third Passaic show it was one of the last '78 shows that we knew for sure was professionally recorded.  

I enjoyed that sooooooo much

Every last word

It needs its own thread 

Thank you so much for posting 

4 hours ago, BossfanNL said:

Thank you for that link. That was an interesting and pleasant read! 

Thank you for recommending it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phantomengineer said:

I've been away and haven't checked this board for over a week. What happened to the July release? Was there an announcement of another delay?

No announcement as far as I'm aware, no release yet either. Rumors have it that we'll get an August 1985 show, probably, next week. 

Actually it is also strange if you bought the No Nukes shows it is also disappeared from  my library in my purchased Shows & Albums in the Nuggs app.

At least I have the shows still on my external harddrive

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Marnix said:

Actually it is also strange if you bought the No Nukes shows it is also disappeared from  my library in my purchased Shows & Albums in the Nuggs app.

At least I have the shows still on my external harddrive

The reason I have 3-5 backups of every show I purchase. 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

On 7/18/2021 at 10:10 AM, 65pacecar said:

The reason I have 3-5 backups of every show I purchase. 

I always buy a CD copy along with ALAC. Physical media are my failsafe!

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

11 hours ago, BossMan13 said:

Probably will be. 

If not they may as well skip this month. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 4:52 PM, bobfan1976 said:

A No Nukes DVD would be great. At this point I’d rather have an official DVD/CD than another Archive release. Proper packaging, professional mixing job….Yes, please.

In 2021 the old dvd format is not good enough,for me it must be on bluray.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2