Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?


Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

We continue to live in hope that one was professionally recorded, although it seems not to be the case.

That is really too bad. Was it, for example known, that Berkeley 1978 was recorded? That seemed like a surprise, right? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, BossfanNL said:

That is really too bad. Was it, for example known, that Berkeley 1978 was recorded? That seemed like a surprise, right? 

I'm not aware that Berkley was known about. It does give us hope that there may still be a few surprises left.

  • Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BossfanNL said:

That is really too bad. Was it, for example known, that Berkeley 1978 was recorded? That seemed like a surprise, right? 

It was not a total surprise as a recording was used (Prove It) as a promo in 1978. It was forgotten rather than unknown. 

  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Fabrice said:

It was not a total surprise as a recording was used (Prove It) as a promo in 1978. It was forgotten rather than unknown. 

And the widely-circulating (incomplete) boot was a soundboard, too. 

I’d be stunned if they had anything other than the Meadowlands stand from 1984/Giants Stadium and LA 1985 in multitrack based on everything that’s been discussed in the various places since the start of the series. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BossfanNL said:

Getting an August 1985 show is something to really look forward too (if true)! Personally, I would have slightly preferred a late 1984 show or a show from Europe in early 1985 though. 

Same here but anything from 84-85 is great in my book :)

  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lazysean said:

Berkeley was mentioned in his August 78 Rolling Stone cover story, which is a fantastic read if you've not seen it before, detailing that week from Berkeley through the LA Forum, Roxy, and Phoenix in early July.   Along with Phoenix + the third Passaic show it was one of the last '78 shows that we knew for sure was professionally recorded.  

Thank you for that link. That was an interesting and pleasant read! 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, lazysean said:

Berkeley was mentioned in his August 78 Rolling Stone cover story, which is a fantastic read if you've not seen it before, detailing that week from Berkeley through the LA Forum, Roxy, and Phoenix in early July.   Along with Phoenix + the third Passaic show it was one of the last '78 shows that we knew for sure was professionally recorded.  

I enjoyed that sooooooo much

Every last word

It needs its own thread 

Thank you so much for posting 

4 hours ago, BossfanNL said:

Thank you for that link. That was an interesting and pleasant read! 

Thank you for recommending it 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, phantomengineer said:

I've been away and haven't checked this board for over a week. What happened to the July release? Was there an announcement of another delay?

No announcement as far as I'm aware, no release yet either. Rumors have it that we'll get an August 1985 show, probably, next week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually it is also strange if you bought the No Nukes shows it is also disappeared from  my library in my purchased Shows & Albums in the Nuggs app.

At least I have the shows still on my external harddrive

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Marnix said:

Actually it is also strange if you bought the No Nukes shows it is also disappeared from  my library in my purchased Shows & Albums in the Nuggs app.

At least I have the shows still on my external harddrive

The reason I have 3-5 backups of every show I purchase. 

  • Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/18/2021 at 10:10 AM, 65pacecar said:

The reason I have 3-5 backups of every show I purchase. 

I always buy a CD copy along with ALAC. Physical media are my failsafe!

  • Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, BossMan13 said:

Probably will be. 

If not they may as well skip this month. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/18/2021 at 4:52 PM, bobfan1976 said:

A No Nukes DVD would be great. At this point I’d rather have an official DVD/CD than another Archive release. Proper packaging, professional mixing job….Yes, please.

In 2021 the old dvd format is not good enough,for me it must be on bluray.

  • Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...