Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

On 7/16/2021 at 4:28 PM, Born To Walk said:

When I raised the possibility of a DVD/BR being the reason for the shows being pulled from nugs I was thinking of some time in the future, not imminently.

Oh, well! At least I got it half right :lol:

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

3 hours ago, BossMan13 said:

Anyone think they’re maybe not allowed to disclose what’s going on with this month’s release?. It’s July 20 and we’ve gotten no news - we should’ve at the beginning of the month. 

Hey. Nugs knows nothing. They release whatever Inc gives them. You read way too much into this... All Nugs is is a distributor and money collector. They are paid to perform that service.

Bruce's people choose the show. It takes a period of time to get a show ready. Unlike most artists who release through Nugs, our hero likes multi-tracks to be mixed and mastered like a live album (HIGH QUALITY)

Backstreets only provides us info when they have it. Bruce's people are the one's who choose the show, mix it, master it, get it ready, etc. I think, due to the release last month being on the 18th, we never should have expected a show at the beginning of the month. We kind of could have gotten one last week, but the decision on No Nukes put that off. How long? we do not know. I am in the camp that says if it's not this week, we are missing July. One thing nugs did tell me once was that we are guarenteed to get 12 shows a year.

Usually, close to the Friday when it's released, someone somewhere get's actionable info and puts out breadcrumbs for us to see and get excited about it. Last week, a poster on BTX was told it was "older than Nirvana" a song that was released in 1985. We all got the hint. A well known poster, that has been correct in the past (3 times if I remember) wondered why it was not released last friday and that it was indeed August 1985.

Thats where we are. 

• Like 2

On 7/20/2021 at 12:11 PM, TruthThatRanUsDown said:

I always buy a CD copy along with ALAC. Physical media are my failsafe!

I used to do that till one of mine craped out and i realized they are not real CDs like a sony release and it just became an exspensive risk after that :(

On 7/21/2021 at 12:25 AM, doesthisbusstop said:

If they let all 5 Fridays pass this month without so much as a communication with fans as to why no release, it’s shocking to be honest. 

Seems a shame/wasted opertunity  to skip a month with 5 Fridays 

I am seeing alot of pessimism on BTX this morning.

We do not yet know if july will come and go without a release. I remain positive about it for tomorrow.

We do not yet know either way.

I will enjoy what I have already downloaded and hope for the best.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

6 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

I am seeing alot of pessimism on BTX this morning.

We do not yet know if july will come and go without a release. I remain positive about it for tomorrow.

We do not yet know either way.

I will enjoy what I have already downloaded and hope for the best.

I'm not one that counts down to every release, nor do I buy them all. Probably one in four. So I don't really have a dog in this fight, but it's clear and obvious that the JLM/NUGS  approach is extremely unprofessional. Their customers really need to kept up to date, that is common courtesy and good manners.

• Like 3

Email from Nugs:

Unfortunately, there have been some delays in approvals for the latest Bruce releases, as Bruce personally approves all audio and artwork and is currently performing nightly on Broadway. We are still planning to have a July release, by the end of the month, and an August release as early as possible next month.

So we will see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

I'm not one that counts down to every release, nor do I buy them all. Probably one in four. So I don't really have a dog in this fight, but it's clear and obvious that the JLM/NUGS  approach is extremely unprofessional. Their customers really need to kept up to date, that is common courtesy and good manners.

I'm not really sure we have any right to be kept up to date really. They're releasing them as and when they're ready. It's not like they owe us these releases... We've all gotten used to them dropping the first Friday of the month, because for a while they more often did than not, but as far as I can remember that was never a promise or a guarantee from anyone... So it's not really like they're behind schedule or anything. 

It will come when it will come. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, J said:

I'm not really sure we have any right to be kept up to date really. They're releasing them as and when they're ready. It's not like they owe us these releases... We've all gotten used to them dropping the first Friday of the month, because for a while they more often did than not, but as far as I can remember that was never a promise or a guarantee from anyone... So it's not really like they're behind schedule or anything. 

It will come when it will come. 

Fair points, well made.

But they have veered from the rhythm of their MO, which was a selling point in itself. The reaction from the customers here and at BTX  speaks for itself. 

Indeed, they 'owe us nothing'. They also shouldn't take the fan base for granted, even though they follow Bruce's quip, 'sell it and they will come.'

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, Buddhabone said:

personally approves all audio and artwork

I guess he has a couple of tequila shots before approving some of the artwork.

Seriously though, I did wonder what his level of involvement was once he'd approved a list of shows for release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buddhabone said:

Email from Nugs:

Unfortunately, there have been some delays in approvals for the latest Bruce releases, as Bruce personally approves all audio and artwork and is currently performing nightly on Broadway. We are still planning to have a July release, by the end of the month, and an August release as early as possible next month.

So we will see.

By the end of the month.. so next week it is then....

I'm in the camp of it will drop when it drops. I'm not sitting here waiting for it. 

I wonder if at this point they would be better served by just saying. No more monthly releases, when one becomes available, we will release it! I would be good with that? 

Anything but TOL, GOTJ or D&D and most likely I'll buy. I just don't like those tours! And I'm kind of sold out of the Darkness tour also, but I'll at least give it a change on ESR before buying. 

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

I guess he has a couple of tequila shots before approving some of the artwork.

Only 'a couple'? More a full bottle.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

Email from Nugs:

So we will see.

The interesting thing about this message from Nugs is that they are sensitive to customer criticism about irregular releases and are distancing themselves from the approval mechanism.  [In effect, "It's not our fault it's Bruce's!"]

Sounds like they are as frustrated with Bruce Inc. as some of us are.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

4 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

Email from Nugs:

So we will see.

Ok so no release tomorrow either,well I can wait.

Really hope it’s Giants Stadium 1985 and a fervent crowd on the singalongs on caddy, glory days, hungry heart and twist and shout.

78-81 might have been Bruce’s peak era on stage but for me ‘85 will always be most special, and undeniably his global commercial peak. 

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Spero davvero che sia il Giants Stadium 1985 e una folla fervente sui singalong su caddie, giorni di gloria, cuore affamato e torsione e grido.

Il 78-81 potrebbe essere stato il picco dell'era sul palco di Bruce, ma per me l'85 sarà sempre molto speciale, e innegabilmente il suo picco commerciale globale. 

bruce in 1985 was at the absolute top he was the most famous star in the world

in italy for the only concert at san siro they had received requests for 300 thousand tickets

• Like 1

9 hours ago, muscum said:

The interesting thing about this message from Nugs is that they are sensitive to customer criticism about irregular releases and are distancing themselves from the approval mechanism.  [In effect, "It's not our fault it's Bruce's!"]

Sounds like they are as frustrated with Bruce Inc. as some of us are.

All they can say is releases are determined by the artist (Jimmy Buffett and Santana both started on nugs last year - Santana’s been REALLY slow on releases: one festival concert, one concert  from the tour with Doobie Brothers, one Vegas concert and a few titles streaming only)