Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

11 minutes ago, Niels said:

I've read on Twitter that it's a much wanted show for a long time. Anyone can talk more about why? 

Here’s part of the BTX review:

A grand slam home run. Night one at Fenway was just batting practice compared to this stratospheric performance, and while such comparisons aren't always worth making, the difference here from one night to the next was stark enough to demand it. Part of the shift was the audience — weirdly distracted, chatty, and "loose" on the 14th, but invested on the 15th, that respectful but dedicated Boston crowd we've come to expect over the years. After night one's cautious warm-up, Bruce clearly put a lot of thought into how he wanted night two to feel: for this show we were old friends with a long history together, having a summer celebration under open skies, complete with fireflies. To make it happen, Springsteen was a man on a mission: a mission to surprise, to connect, to bring the European leg energy back home, to galvanize the crowd and create the kind of summertime house party worthy of this storied venue.

• Like 1

No idea about the clue, unless the colour reference relates to the Red Sox. However, if it is the suggested show I would be pretty happy (it would be very happy if it weren't for the fact that Cardiff 2013 would get pushed further down the pecking order by a 2012 release)

image.thumb.png.804d3f8eeeda99f3048722ac725738bc.png

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

No idea about the clue, unless the colour reference relates to the Red Sox. However, if it is the suggested show I would be pretty happy (it would be very happy if it weren't for the fact that Cardiff 2013 would get pushed further down the pecking order by a 2012 release)

Since Wrecking Ball era is more current technology I want to know why they’ve not considered releasing three or four or five of those shows at once. 
Perhaps one each from April 2012, June 2012, November 2012, April 2013 & July 2013 all at once. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

Benjamin Moore is a paint company that sells Green Monster paint, which forms part of their Fenway collection.

https://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/color-overview/find-your-color/color/sc-12/green-monster-green

Add in the BTX tweet’s line about summer - could that opening pack be more perfect for an August evening - and Bruce’s post-Thunder Road comments (“let’s start with the summertime hits” or words to that effect!) and its safe to say that they made it nice and easy this month for us to guess!

• Thanks 1

If this is correct, and it seems to fit, then it certainly looks a fantastic show. Mercifully it drops the hour of asking if we can feel the spirit. 

29 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Would that not be a little bit soon after previous Wrecking Ball Tour show?

27 minutes ago, BossMan13 said:

7 months. 

Considering the limited number of 70s and 80s shows likely to be still available, it makes sense to feature the more recent tours that little bit more frequently. Also, shows from 2009 and 2012/13 could change significantly from night to night, offering greater variation to further justify the more frequent releases.

I mean, I think it's safe to say after back to back 78 and 85 shows, we're DEFINITELY getting one from Reunion era this time around.

I was looking forward to a 2007 show, but will never complain about something from Wrecking Ball era! Bring on Fenway!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

More than happy for two reasons. 

1) To get a first Friday release after a 4th Friday last month is so much appreciated. 
2) Great setlist and by all accounts a superb performance: 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/2012/fenway-park-boston-ma-7bdc2a24.html

And any 2012 version of Shackled and Drawn with Cindy’s stunning solo full pelt is always head and shoulders above the 2013 leg where she reigns it in. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Considering the limited number of 70s and 80s shows likely to be still available, it makes sense to feature the more recent tours that little bit more frequently. Also, shows from 2009 and 2012/13 could change significantly from night to night, offering greater variation to further justify the more frequent releases.

Yes. Those years you mention have tons available.