Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

9 hours ago, Lampi said:

Would that not be in favour of already well-known shows from famous locations, and limit the chances of unexpected choices like Belfast 1996 and Nice 1997? Or:

Shows that are not popular now because there is not a real good (audience) recording in circulation at the moment, but Bruce Inc. has a very great sounding recording?

Or: shows that don't have a spectacular setlist on paper (which is subjective anyway), but a very great performance?

In general: lesser known shows that deserve a wider audience?

As the voting system would be the only system used. It is different with a combination of a voting system and Bruce Inc. own choices.

All very good and relevant points. But it could be a good commercial decision to drive up sales considering how many fans attended shows from the Magic tour through to the Wrecking Ball tour. A lot of people want shows they were at as well as the classic shows from the vaults. For example 150,000 attended the Magic Tour European finale weekender at Camp Nou, Barcelona. Nugs probably only sell around 2,000 per archive and it might attract a few thousand more to buy if it was publicised more through voting. I was just using 2007-2013 as an example as we expect all shows during that period to all exist in multi track. 

It won’t happen of course, but just an idea. 

20 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I’d take a 2006 show if it includes that version of The River.

Especially Sheffield, which also includes a one off performance of Youngstown.

• Love Love Love! 1

31 minutes ago, sleepyjoe said:

Bring on Rome '06! SSB versions of River, Ramrod, All The Way Home and Long Black Veil

If we’re going to do 2006 we need the North American tour. It was a short run and we have nothing from it (May 27-June 25). 

On 7/23/2021 at 4:09 PM, J said:

Ah yeah. I was at Paris the night before which was great... I was also at Olympic Park, my 3rd gig in 4 days having seen the Black Crowes live in Paris as well.... And he played the whole of BITUSA in Paris as well... So yeah, the Olympic Park was a bit of a downer plus I was running out of gas too by that point. :lol:

23 minutes ago, Okely Dokely said:

It won’t happen, but I’m hoping for a teaser tweet like this.

“This just in - come on up for another archive release this Friday, 9/3. Big things one day come, with a rocker at the end.”

You’re talking about 8/11/03?

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

1 minute ago, Okely Dokely said:

Yes. Might be a fun game to pass the time - to come up with fake teaser tweets for a show we want to see released and have people guess what it is.

Or else play an audio recording of Bruce’s hello from whatever show and go from there. 

I love the latest release (Fenway) the most out of all the released in 2021 so far. For me the Wrecking Ball tour really includes the most outstanding shows. There's just so much joy & spirit in them and the concert never seems to end, and the horns... I love the horns in them! 

• Like 3

The possibilities are:

1.: It's coming on time tomorrow.

2.: Nothing is coming tomorrow, without any announcement before because they don't care.

3.: Nothing is coming tomorrow, with an announcement right at noon, because they maybe care a little bit.