Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

They announced No Nukes this week, and released the Springsteen/Mellencamp track. Usually when ever there's been any kind of product out that might 'compete' with an Archive release, there hasn't been an Archive release. Just speculating. We could just as easily get a late release. The patterns shift and change. At one point, very early in the series, they were very sporadic, then we got the First Fridays for a long time, albeit with the occasional delay. Then we had updates and/or 'clues' trailing the release through Badlands. Now, we just get a release, when we get a release, so sort of back to how the series started off.

1 minute ago, bobfan1976 said:

They announced No Nukes this week, and released the Springsteen/Mellencamp track. Usually when ever there's been any kind of product out that might 'compete' with an Archive release, there hasn't been an Archive release. Just speculating. We could just as easily get a late release. The patterns shift and change. At one point, very early in the series, they were very sporadic, then we got the First Fridays for a long time, albeit with the occasional delay. Then we had updates and/or 'clues' trailing the release through Badlands. Now, we just get a release, when we get a release, so sort of back to how the series started off.

no Nukes was announced last week - on Bruce’s birthday. 

A couple of releases were delayed at the time of Western Stars due to Sony releases or announcements that were being made on the first Friday. 

I personally think any other links made between delays and other releases or announcements were purely speculative. A guest appearance on a Mellencamp record released earlier in the week wouldn't require a delay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobfan1976 said:

Wasn't there a delay when the Killer's track was released also?  I could be wrong, and as stated, I'm just speculating. I don't think we got one around Letter To You time either.

There may have been, but there were a lot of delays around that time so personally I don't think that release was the reason for the delay.

14 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

A couple of releases were delayed at the time of Western Stars due to Sony releases or announcements that were being made on the first Friday. 

I personally think any other links made between delays and other releases or announcements were purely speculative. A guest appearance on a Mellencamp record released earlier in the week wouldn't require a delay.

At the time of the release of the studio album western stars there were no delays. The album was announced/Hello Sunshine was released last week of April. The album was released June 14. May 3 & June 7 releases were as scheduled.

in the fall of ‘19 when songs from the film was released only the October release was delayed due to the launch of Songs from the Film.

Bridge school ‘86 was released a week late in August ‘19- that was probably because of extra approval being needed. Probably why the non tour appearances are minimal (those often seem to have a lot of steps required before release). 

June 2020 was a week late because the industry as a whole took the week off. 
August, September & October 2020 were all delayed - never officially said (some probably had to do with LTY release)

January this year was probably because of not wanting New Year’s Day to be release day. 
The March delay happened without explanation - probably timing with the 20th anniversary of the LINYC (we got 6/27/00 - source material for that album). 
June was unexplained - didn’t have to do with the track with The Killers. All they said when they said it’d be delayed was it was still on the way. Maybe a delay in work time - spike in cases at the CD plant  

July was not explained. Probably Broadway. Probably preparation for No Nukes (that’s around when they went off nugs). Probably production needs (it was the show from August 1985). Came out the 23rd. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bobfan1976 said:

Ok, we'll never know, but if there is a delay every time there is other Bruce related product out there, it  may not be a coincidence, although it might be! Be a nice surprise to wake up to a release tomorrow, and if not, I'll spend a little more time in D+D territory.

I wonder if the evening time like last month is how it’ll be. If not that maybe this one has some production needs. 

I could be wrong, be it been late like this the last few month's as ESR here in NA has changed their lineup. I'd look for something in the next hour or two, after all the new programing is over. 4:00pm Central Time, 10:00pm England time. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I could be wrong, be it been late like this the last few month's as ESR here in NA has changed their lineup. I'd look for something in the next hour or two, after all the new programing is over. 4:00pm Central Time, 10:00pm England time. 

That’s about when Tower 2005 arrived. I got the email about 75 minutes later.