Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

5 hours ago, piraza said:

los angeles 20-08-81..........it's necessary now...........

As far as I'm concerned, Bruce's best concert. I've been waiting for it for years...

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

Anyone else think the fact that the Sherry Darling No Nukes video is premiering today may rule out an Archive release today as well? One thing at a time seems to be how their minds work.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Old English Town said:

Anyone else think the fact that the Sherry Darling No Nukes video is premiering today may rule out an Archive release today as well? One thing at a time seems to be how their minds work.

The silence is deafening. Very disappointing really.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cameron J. McMenemy said:

Toby Scott says they did record a couple of shows at the LA Sports Arena on the River Tour. He didn't say if they did the 80 or 81 shows

He did confirm that they didn't record the Night For The Vietnam Veteran though. 

As he's informed us in the past, BTXer and occasional poster on here, @estband was able to get in touch with Toby Scott a little while back and he took the opportunity to ask the million dollar question.

"I can speak for the legion of die-hards who desperately want to know if the 8/20/81 Vietnam Vets Benefit was professionally recorded?"

"It was not."

So lads, we won't be getting August 20th, 1981 in this Series. It's tragic, I know that, but just let that dream fade. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

He did confirm that they didn't record the Night For The Vietnam Veteran though. 

As he's informed us in the past, BTXer and occasional poster on here, @estband was able to get in touch with Toby Scott a little while back and he took the opportunity to ask the million dollar question.

"I can speak for the legion of die-hards who desperately want to know if the 8/20/81 Vietnam Vets Benefit was professionally recorded?"

"It was not."

So lads, we won't be getting August 20th, 1981 in this Series. It's tragic, I know that, but just let that dream fade. 

Utterly baffling that a show like that wasn't documented. What a terrible decision overall.

What gets me about all of this is one thing. Would it have been so difficult (in some fashion) to record every show they performed? Even in the early days. 

I understand that the Vietnam Vets show was slightly different in that it was a benefit show.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Niels said:

The Sherry Darling video is released in 20 minutes. Neither did we get any hint or clue for a new Archive release. Don't see it happening again, today.

Hate to admit that I agree, and will be very happy with a release if we get it.

I assume that they are obligated to promote the Sony release to the detrement of his pet project, the Archive series. 

I also have to admit that the series has lost steam and may be indeed winding down. 

• Sad 1

This was what Toby said regarding River Tour Recordings

*How many full shows were recorded during the RIVER Tour?

I don’t know the exact number, I remember recording Phoenix in Nov, then some city in upper NE, then Nassau over New Year, later opening Meadowlands Arena (Brendan Byrne).  Beyond that I don’t remember, probably a couple in LA at Sports Arena.

*I can speak for the legion of die-hards who desperately want to know if the 8/20/81 Vietnam Vets Benefit was professionally recorded?

It was not.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

Hate to admit that I agree, and will be very happy with a release if we get it.

I assume that they are obligated to promote the Sony release to the detrement of his pet project, the Archive series. 

I also have to admit that the series has lost steam and may be indeed winding down. 

Exactly, I agree. We used to always be able to count on a new release every first Friday. Now you already kinda know it's not gonna happen with every new month. 

• Sad 1

Whatever’s going on we should know. It can’t be No Nukes related. It’s just so not them to just not release anything and not say “production delays” or “intentional delay” or anything else that’s caused delays. 

• Like 1