Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

The delay indicates it's tape, that requires more steps to prepare.

Cooking, transferring to digital, mixing, mastering...all steps that require time and hand offs.

I am very excited for Friday. "Let it Be" super deluxe box and a new archive. (they wouldn't tweet unless it's so!!!)

We are due for a River show, please make it happen.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

The delay indicates it's tape, that requires more steps to prepare.

Cooking, transferring to digital, mixing, mastering...all steps that require time and hand offs.

I am very excited for Friday. "Let it Be" super deluxe box and a new archive. (they wouldn't tweet unless it's so!!!)

We are due for a River show, please make it happen.

What part is “cooking”? the show is already recorded. There’s been at least one delay that wasn’t tape (June 2020 for sure but it wasn’t for production reasons, August 2020 was delayed too but it wasn’t specified - it was right before the Letter to you announcement so maybe had to do with production of Letter to You). 
March 2021 was unspecified and we got June 2000. 

Before 2002 all shows that were recorded were to tape.

When a recording from the 70-80s is prepared to transfer for mixing and mastering, it is often baked in an over so that the mater that is on the tape doesnt fall off or get erased. It's fairly technical. Old tapes sit for many years before they are used.

This is why I believe the next one is from an old tape. The Berkeley show was delayed for this reason, as was one of the E.Rutherford 84 recordings.

As you all know, I have no idea. These delays are due to the process of getting these tapes ready for release. Covid has made this process take longer.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

When a recording from the 70-80s is prepared to transfer for mixing and mastering, it is often baked in an over so that the mater that is on the tape doesnt fall off or get erased. It's fairly technical. Old tapes sit for many years before they are used.

This is why I believe the next one is from an old tape. The Berkeley show was delayed for this reason, as was one of the E.Rutherford 84 recordings.

As you all know, I have no idea. These delays are due to the process of getting these tapes ready for release. Covid has made this process take longer.

The 2006 London concert  was delayed and that was unspecified. Giants stadium ‘85 was also delayed - that was the one when we were worried it was cancelled. 

On 10/9/2021 at 9:55 PM, Buddhabone said:

Plus Nugs just finished with the Pearl Jam release of the See Now show in AP. 

I know we just got one 2 months ago so it's extremely unlikely, but I really wish we would get more shows from 2012/13. Love them the most. The variety in the tracklist, the horns, bruce in such a great mood, my favorite tour. 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, Niels said:

I know we just got one 2 months ago so it's extremely unlikely, but I really wish we would get more shows from 2012/13. Love them the most. The variety in the tracklist, the horns, bruce in such a great mood, my favorite tour. 

What I want to know is why they don’t do more than one of those at one time - they have it all. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BossMan13 said:

What I want to know is why they don’t do more than one of those at one time - they have it all. 

Especially for multi-night stands... just release the whole stand! They won't run out of WB shows anytime soon and they have them all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sleepyjoe said:

Especially for multi-night stands... just release the whole stand! They won't run out of WB shows anytime soon and they have them all

If only the WB shows didn’t have 18 musicians on stage they might be easier to listen to, IMHO

• Like 2