Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

2 minutes ago, Sean McNeill said:

Never mind 1978, this is peak E Street Band for me.

Just release the full unaltered show please. 

I’d pay the price of No Nukes just to have the full Tempe show (audio).  (And yes I have heard the homemade versions…)

• Like 3

On 11/4/2021 at 10:28 AM, BossMan13 said:

Yes it is. The fact they’re saying “holiday goodies” means two. They wouldn’t be using plural if it weren’t more than one. 

that's very optimistic of you considering the amount of typos Inc. have put out over the years

but id be happy with two in December

17 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

that's very optimistic of you considering the amount of typos Inc. have put out over the years

but id be happy with two in December

I agree Daisy, 'goodies' doesn't necessarily mean two shows.

Could be lots of other things like a free Bruce 2022 calander for all subscribers who downloaded No Nukes prior to its official release.

5 minutes ago, BossMan13 said:

they can’t because Sony owns it.

That's sure to be correct as the show will be licensed exclusively to Sony. When nugs released the "missing" songs it was expressly stated that they were being released with Sony's permission. A similar statement was made when nugs released Houston 1978. The same licensing restrictions will also explain why the No Nukes shows were pulled from nugs.

As for why Sony didn't release the full show, who knows? I gather the Hammersmith CD wasn't a big seller and maybe that was a factor. Maybe it will still happen one day.

11 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

That's sure to be correct as the show will be licensed exclusively to Sony. When nugs released the "missing" songs it was expressly stated that they were being released with Sony's permission. A similar statement was made when nugs released Houston 1978. The same licensing restrictions will also explain why the No Nukes shows were pulled from nugs.

As for why Sony didn't release the full show, who knows? I gather the Hammersmith CD wasn't a big seller and maybe that was a factor. Maybe it will still happen one day.

I can't stand all that beaurocratical bullshit.

Put the mighty dollar aside just once & get it out there for the fans FFS.

22 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I gather the Hammersmith CD wasn't a big seller and maybe that was a factor. Maybe it will still happen one day.

At the time the Hammersmith CD was considered 'Too little, too late' with only audio of the DVD and with no extras like bonus tracks etc.

We can expect that will be different with Tempe, a show which was always famous as maybe one of the greatest shows Bruce Springsteen & The ESB ever played. One might maybe also expect Tempe will have more appeal to non-diehard Bruce Springsteen fans than Hammersmith had.

On 11/10/2021 at 9:56 PM, BossMan13 said:

Anyone have a hypothesis as to why Sony hasn’t released the full Tempe ‘80 audio. Someone somewhere - can’t remember if it was here or BTX emailed nugs about it and nugs said they can’t because Sony owns it.

I'd buy that on vinyl. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 9:13 AM, doesthisbusstop said:

Staggering how they didn’t include full show Tempe audio in the River box set given the price it was at. It wouldn’t have detracted from the incomplete video, it would only have enhanced the release. 

Or pull a Hammersmith move and do a whole separate audio release. 

3 hours ago, BossMan13 said:

Or pull a Hammersmith move and do a whole separate audio release. 

Which in theory is still viable given that nugs could withdraw their 10 song release at any time, as they did with No Nukes. 

Tempe deserves a full show release. The patched in fan made versions are great but there is still a distinct sound difference between the blu ray tracks and the nugs additional tracks. The nugs 10 are fuller, crisper and slightly louder. Sony really should release the full show which has obviously all been mixed by Bob Clearmountain and ready to go, but you wonder when an appropriate time would present itself now.

The River box set was the obvious opportunity which was sadly missed. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BossMan13 said:

Do we think 12/28/80 will FINALLY be released soon?

I think it will be next month. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was all mixed a long time ago (at the time Altschiller re-mixed the previously under par version of 12/31) and it has been kept on the shelf for a future Xmas release. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I think it will be next month. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was all mixed a long time ago (at the time Altschiller re-mixed the previously under par version of 12/31) and it has been kept on the shelf for a future Xmas release. 

Whilst it would be nice to complete the set I think having a 'run' of shows is a little underwhelming.

They are way too similar to enjoy any extended listening period.

Give us something different like a good quality '76/'77 show.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2021 at 8:53 PM, BossMan13 said:

I'd think so, but to be honest it's not the best show of the run. I'd be very surprised and happy to get a River show we didn't know they had. If they had a mobile truck in Tempe on 11/5, could they have had the same truck in L.A. 10/30 to 11/3? Toby Scott said once that they did tape in a Northeastern city in the Fall and quite possbly in L.A. a few shows in August 81. I do know that the Vietnam Vets show was not taped.

My all time holy grail would be August 28th.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 10:53 PM, BossMan13 said:

12/29 and 12/31 are superb but the piano is so out of tune.  (I read somewhere it is because they left everything set up on stage with no temperature or humidity control for the piano… can’t verify this however.)  So it would be interesting to hear if the piano on 12/28 is less affected.

49 minutes ago, Sean McNeill said:

I would like the two Double Take benefit shows from February 2003. Unlikely I know ☹

Some problems as Rising Tour (probably); but maybe that is why you said 'Unlikely'.

2 minutes ago, Okely Dokely said:

A soundboard of one of those (the second one, I think) is out there.

As you can find EVERYTHING on Brucebase:

Night 1 (19 February 2003): 'Audience tape and IEM. Audience tape released on two-CD 'Intimate Night' (Godfather) and three-CD 'Doubletake Night' (Crystal Cat). In November 2010 "Nebraska" from this show was included on the CD bootleg 'Born Again Live' and "Born In The U.S.A." on the CD 'Innocent & Glory Days' (Social Graces), These are purported to be soundboard recordings, but are more likely to be from an IEM source. The complete IEM recording was released in May 2011 on CD 'Somerville Story' (unlisted label). A Original Soundboard DAT Clone circulates as well.'

Night 2 (20 February 2003): 'Audience tape'.

• Like 1