Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

3 minutes ago, Lampi said:

As you can find EVERYTHING on Brucebase:

Night 1 (19 February 2003): 'Audience tape and IEM. Audience tape released on two-CD 'Intimate Night' (Godfather) and three-CD 'Doubletake Night' (Crystal Cat). In November 2010 "Nebraska" from this show was included on the CD bootleg 'Born Again Live' and "Born In The U.S.A." on the CD 'Innocent & Glory Days' (Social Graces), These are purported to be soundboard recordings, but are more likely to be from an IEM source. The complete IEM recording was released in May 2011 on CD 'Somerville Story' (unlisted label). A Original Soundboard DAT Clone circulates as well.'

Night 2 (20 February 2003): 'Audience tape'.

Doubletake Night's a great one.

20 hours ago, BossMan13 said:

Like I said nugs can’t do the whole thing. 

I was thinking Sony, or whoever Bruce’s record company is these days. Not Nugs.  It’s clearly mixed and ready to go. Why not put it out? It can only add to Bruce’s recorded legacy.  Who exactly are they saving this music for?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobfan1976 said:

I was thinking Sony, or whoever Bruce’s record company is these days. Not Nugs.  It’s clearly mixed and ready to go. Why not put it out? It can only add to Bruce’s recorded legacy.  Who exactly are they saving this music for?

They are not saving it for anyone.

Bruce's recorded legacy (for the renowned live act he has become) is shockingly under-represented.

I have never understood why. 

I love the archive series but so far it remains a poor representation of his live career.

1 minute ago, Niels said:

I guess we shouldn't be expecting anything this friday?

If there are to be two releases in December, as usual, I would expect them to be the 3rd and 24th

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

If there are to be two releases in December, as usual, I would expect them to be the 3rd and 24th

That is the most possible scenario or what they two years ago with the Winterland shows release 2 shows at once in the week before Christmas

On 11/30/2021 at 9:52 PM, Sean McNeill said:

They are not saving it for anyone.

Bruce's recorded legacy (for the renowned live act he has become) is shockingly under-represented.

I have never understood why. 

I love the archive series but so far it remains a poor representation of his live career.

Ok, let me rephrase that: what is the rationale for not releasing it? Why do they not place the same importance on the ‘live’ legacy? If they released Tempe I do believe it would become one of the most important recordings in the officially released canon. We have No Nukes. Why not Tempe?

Backstreets just tweeted - This Just In: The Live Archive series returns to first Friday tomorrow. With No Nukes still ringing thrillingly in our ears, we linger in the era when music was on the radio, not an algorithmic playlist.

Which radio broadcasts are remaining?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jukeblue said:

Backstreets just tweeted - This Just In: The Live Archive series returns to first Friday tomorrow. With No Nukes still ringing thrillingly in our ears, we linger in the era when music was on the radio, not an algorithmic playlist.

Which radio broadcasts are remaining?

"linger in the era" suggests something close to the No Nukes shows.

October was seemingly delayed due to a change of plan relating to the No Nukes release. That would suggest to me that they were working on a 1980/81 release in October but were asked to delay it until after the No Nukes release was out.

Whether or not the 'radio' reference' is intended to be relevant remains to be seen.