Greasy Lake Community

30 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

They did say the first Friday of every month unless there's any issues. I'm just preparing for the worst and assuming it'll take longer to sort than Friday.

No indictation from Brad Serling that this is the case, only thing he mentioned was that one show would be released this time and that Albany and Rochester 1977 were considered one release. So almost certain, a show will be released Friday. Just don't expect two.

• Like 1
  • Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Karembu said:

I think he means a near professional quality recording Paolo but so is Wembley Arena from the Rising tour too.  Great show but by that logic why release as we already have a great crystal cat version?  That said, not an argument to which I subscribe in any event as I already have great sounding shows from Passaic and Winterland but I still want them officially! 

You are correct, I was speaking of Prodigal Son in the City of Angels. And, I don't think it's near professional quality, to my ears it is professional quality, and that's without even snarkily referencing some of Bruce's own official downloads which were of not even close to professional quality. The Wembley show from the Rising tour is an absolutely amazing recording—it's hard to believe it's an audience recording, and sounds better than many soundboards—and I am so grateful to the tapers who have done so much hard and much-appreciated work over the years...but it's not even close to being a professional release, or at least, not a good professional recording. (Once again, cf original Pittsburgh 2016 mix.) As always, of course, to my ears, in my humble opinion, your mileage may vary and so on and so forth.

But I'd argue that as phenomenal as the Passaic and Winterland releases have been, I suspect they can be bettered, at least a bit. Whether they will or not—are there multi-tracks available? significantly higher sources than already in circulation? will they be given to Bob Clearmountain or to Toby Scott?—is another question. (And, yes, Prodigal Son in the City of Angels can probably also be improved by giving the multi-tracks to Clearmountain, but short of that, I don't think it's likely, and that any improvement will be of a much smaller percentage.) 

But, finally, I'd also just plain like another complete show or two from 1999-2000; we've already got one from 1978—or [almost] two if you include the Houston DVD—and I've just been assuming that we're going to get at least a few more from that tour, including Passaic and Winterland.

• Like 2

Obviously, the holy grail is August 20th 1981, The Vietnam Vets benefit show. I want this, or a multi-track recording from MSG in 1978.

I'd also love a really good Joad show, Reunion show (Philly or Boston), or a Rising show.

Most of all, I want them to deliver it Friday as they seemed to promise when the 77 shows were released.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, Karembu said:

I would actually be thrilled with an "other band" show too, both early and later legs have their merits and enough difference from the MTV show to get me excited.  Just feel Rising or Renunion would be too safe after the glut of recent shows.  There are definitely shows I would like from each tour but toward the end of the 25 show cycle rather than Friday :)

I wouldn't mind having at least 2 "other band" shows.  I feel like the songs from this period are an important part of Bruce's story, and we really don't have enough material from this period.  Some people might not buy it but I would in a heartbeat.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Karembu said:

I think he means a near professional quality recording Paolo but so is Wembley Arena from the Rising tour too.  Great show but by that logic why release as we already have a great crystal cat version?  That said, not an argument to which I subscribe in any event as I already have great sounding shows from Passaic and Winterland but I still want them officially! 

Failing that, I would actually be thrilled with an "other band" show too, both early and later legs have their merits and enough difference from the MTV show to get me excited.  Just feel Rising or Renunion would be too safe after the glut of recent shows.  There are definitely shows I would like from each tour but toward the end of the 25 show cycle rather than Friday :)

I didn't see your post earlier! 

I've listened to the Prodigal Son in the City of Angels bootleg but I felt there were a few things that were stopping it from being great. There's one error in particular that I'm struggling to remember at the minute, like a repeat of something already said/sung and it took me out of the show as strange as that sounds.

The Wembley Arena show sounded very good on YouTube though. 

I think I'm the only person who would rather they don't release Winterland officially given that I've got a great sounding CD already and I've listened to it countless times :lol:

I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again, out of every show ever played, I just want my Sunderland 21.6.12 show to be released, hopefully someday I'll get it, but I imagine it'll be a while before we get back to late 21st century shows. 

I guarantee that Staples Center 10/23/99 is one of the 25. I just think it's not going to wow us, since we have heard it for so long in such fantastic quality.

The Joad shows from Freehold or Asbury in perfect soundboard would be great, considering the boots are only average audience recordings.

They need to drop an "important" show this time due to the 1977 release being a bit over hyped and a but boring in Mono.

Come on guys, lets get a really good one this time.

• Like 1

The only show I have on my dream list is the Vietnam Vets benefit. It's historic, it's important and it's an awesome show. If we get that, I'll be thrilled.

As for 92/93, I expect at least a couple from that era and why not? It's not my favorite tour and I think Bruce made some mistakes in how he chose to go about his first records and tour without the E Street Band, but I'm far more forgiving toward Human Touch now than I've ever been and I do occasionally enjoy listening to some of the live stuff. I enjoyed the shows I saw that tour and I'd be happy to get live full band Soul Driver, Souls Of The Departed and Real World.

• Like 2

Live Souls of the Deparrted was one of the stand outs of the 92/93 shows for me...

But without wishing to speak too soon, no matter what our individual preferences are,I think perhaps the Vietnam Vets show is the one that show that no one would be unhappy with.  Everyone seems to agree it's a classic, myself included!

• Like 1

I'm losing the plot

I've just spent the last 10 minutes thinking how unlikely it'll be for them to release a show during the weekend, and that we'd probably get the release on Monday.

Then I remembered that it would be the first Friday of every month a new show is released, and I said to myself, "well surely that means we won't get the new release until next week given it's the 31st of August today, that's a bit of a shame."

I don't think I realised today wasn't a Friday. 

I'd love a River 1981 show, one of the MSG shows from 2000 (we just have the compilation CD/DVD), or even seeing as how it'll be Bruce's birthday month, how about the rain delay birthday concert from 2012? 

Those are what I'd like to have an official release of, but I have a feeling with the broadway tickets on sale this week, they'll go with a solo show from 1995, 2003, or another 2005 show. 

On 8/31/2017 at 0:12 AM, Scott Peterson said:

You are correct, I was speaking of Prodigal Son in the City of Angels. And, I don't think it's near professional quality, to my ears it is professional quality, and that's without even snarkily referencing some of Bruce's own official downloads which were of not even close to professional quality. The Wembley show from the Rising tour is an absolutely amazing recording—it's hard to believe it's an audience recording, and sounds better than many soundboards—and I am so grateful to the tapers who have done so much hard and much-appreciated work over the years...but it's not even close to being a professional release, or at least, not a good professional recording. (Once again, cf original Pittsburgh 2016 mix.) As always, of course, to my ears, in my humble opinion, your mileage may vary and so on and so forth.

But I'd argue that as phenomenal as the Passaic and Winterland releases have been, I suspect they can be bettered, at least a bit. Whether they will or not—are there multi-tracks available? significantly higher sources than already in circulation? will they be given to Bob Clearmountain or to Toby Scott?—is another question. (And, yes, Prodigal Son in the City of Angels can probably also be improved by giving the multi-tracks to Clearmountain, but short of that, I don't think it's likely, and that any improvement will be of a much smaller percentage.) 

But, finally, I'd also just plain like another complete show or two from 1999-2000; we've already got one from 1978—or [almost] two if you include the Houston DVD—and I've just been assuming that we're going to get at least a few more from that tour, including Passaic and Winterland.

As one who hasn't heard this show, and just in case it isn't the next archive release, can anyone please pm a working link. It would be much appreciated!

1 minute ago, doesthisbusstop said:

My email alert from nugs notifying me of the last archive release came through at 14.01 U.K. time so hopefully about 45 mins to go :D

Sweet!! I will go and make ome lunch, and hopefully it will be here by the time I've eaten!! :)

29 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Actually I've noticed the nugs email was sent the following day. Looks like the last archive release of the '77 shows was about 8pm uk time, so a few more hours to wait yet.. 

Now I'm sad... I'll be setting of for a 9 hour drive at 6PM... I was hoping to have this new one in the car to keep me company. 

2 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Actually I've noticed the nugs email was sent the following day. Looks like the last archive release of the '77 shows was about 8pm uk time, so a few more hours to wait yet.. 

Correct, it was 21:00 in the Netherlands.