Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

Which is fine but only once ALL eras have been represented at least once.  No one was clamoring for another DD show before a Rising or another River or BITUSA tour show.  That doesn't mean people aren't or shouldn't enjoy this show, but be honest not many people were asking for or even guess a DD show would be coming anytime soon.

It could also be as simple as they want to take advantage of the current popularity of  Bruce shows on Broadway and provide more shows from him solo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobfan1976 said:

I think the post was referring to the fact that there doesn't seem to any kind of over arching logic to the releases. If there were, today's release would be low on the list of priorities, given how many tours have not been represented at all yet. It does seem to be a kind of scattershot approach. Although I've read a few posts saying this show already circulates as an excellent bootleg which would explain why it's been released as the Archives do seem to be targeting those boots, perhaps to make sure the revenue stream makes its way back to Bruce.

Know what other shows are also in excellent bootleg form?  Winterland 78, the 2 other Passaic 78 shows, Roxy 78, the other Nassau 80 shows, Paris 85, Toronto 84 among MANY others. Just sayin'...

;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

We've had the 78 shows, two 88 shows and 2 River releases. I don't think releasing one from each tour before repeating any tours was ever in the game plan.

Yes I know which is why I do not understand it.  There is no sense or reason behind pretty much all releases to be frank.   Since they never give any heads up or reason why any particular show was picked for that given month it just comes of as random and unplanned.

• Thanks 1

I really am starting to think with very few exceptions that they take what ever list of shows they have available and just hit shuffle or randomize and whatever show comes up is the one they put out.  (partially in jest, btw)

:P

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, unclejosh said:

Yes I know which is why I do not understand it.  There is no sense or reason behind pretty much all releases to be frank.   Since they never give any heads up or reason why any particular show was picked for that given month it just comes of as random and unplanned.

Yes, but this is also part of the exitement (IMO). You never know what will come next.

• Like 3

yeah I am not one of those people.  I don't like surprises and I am not one who appreciates not knowing what is on a set-list for example. I would love to be handed a set-list at the door of every single show I saw.  I know they call audibles and can change stuff in the moment but I appreciate knowing what is coming in general.  I love and seek out spoilers and read scripts in advance of seeing movies whenever possible for example.

If they announced the next months show today, it would not change my feelings on it once it is released one bit. In fact it would save me the disappointment of waiting a whole month only to have a show I have zero interest in come out.  I wish they would actually put out a release schedule mapping out all of the 20+ shows they claimed were approved already.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jerseyfornia said:

2 River releases

I'm still very particular about whether we should really include the 10 song Tempe as an actual "release"

I mean, it technically is, and when you've got the full show anyway it doesn't matter, but I can never help but think we've only really got 1 proper archive audio release from that tour. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, unclejosh said:

If they announced the next months show today, it would not change my feelings on it once it is released one bit. In fact it would save me the disappointment of waiting a whole month only to have a show I have zero interest in come out.  I wish they would actually put out a release schedule mapping out all of the 20+ shows they claimed were approved already.

I agree with this, and I've actually thought about that notion myself a few times. 

I'd love them to just release a list of every show they've got available, just so we know what we could get. 

I could care less about them telling us what they're going to release each month though as long as we got that list. 

• Like 1

If you are a Dave Matthews Band fan, and are aware of their 'Live Trax' series, it is a similar theme... You'll get a 1992 show taken from a C90 cassette, followed by a Dave and Tim acoustic show, followed by a full band show from 5 years ago... It's just as random but no less awesome.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

If you are a Dave Matthews Band fan, and are aware of their 'Live Trax' series, it is a similar theme... You'll get a 1992 show taken from a C90 cassette, followed by a Dave and Tim acoustic show, followed by a full band show from 5 years ago... It's just as random but no less awesome.

Steve can you recommend any of these shows id like to give him a listen thanks

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

it is random but you know in advance of the actual show released.  They don't just appear online one day. They promote it and announce each show prior to release.

Pearl Jam only releases one archive show a year but that is announced months and months in advance as well.

I have all releases by both bands and will continue to support them both.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, davemunday said:

Steve can you recommend any of these shows id like to give him a listen thanks

Gosh... My opinion might be very different to another listener... But I find myself at the moment continually coming back to Live Trax Vol. 42, Sound Advice Amphitheatre West Palm Beach from September 2007. A near perfect setlist of classics and rarities. The band are flawless, and it features Leroi Moore on sax. (He passed away the following year)

It contains the best full band version of Gravedigger I've heard, as well as the best Crush.. Stefan Lessard's bass intro to this is goosebumps stuff.

DMDD149.jpg

2 minutes ago, unclejosh said:

it is random but you know in advance of the actual show released.  They don't just appear online one day. They promote it and announce each show prior to release.

Pearl Jam only releases one archive show a year but that is announced months and months in advance as well.

I have all releases by both bands and will continue to support them both.

Fair comment.

3 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

Gosh... My opinion might be very different to another listener... But I find myself at the moment continually coming back to Live Trax Vol. 42, Sound Advice Amphitheatre West Palm Beach from September 2007. A near perfect setlist of classics and rarities. The band are flawless, and it features Leroi Moore on sax. (He passed away the following year)

It contains the best full band version of Gravedigger I've heard, as well as the best Crush.. Stefan Lessard's bass intro to this is goosebumps stuff.

DMDD149.jpg

Thanks Steve I'll start there 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lampi said:

This show was only 3 days after the Columbus show.

You would maybe expect the second 2005 release would have been from Europe or from the first U.S.A. leg of the tour.

If JLM are as evil as we sometimes want to think they are,  next month's release should be St.Louis, Aug 6, 2005.

Just to see the online reaction.

:D

17 minutes ago, jukebox said:

If JLM are as evil as we sometimes want to think they are,  next month's release should be St.Louis, Aug 6, 2005.

Just to see the online reaction.

:D

Y'know, that doesn't look like a bad show...

But no, I mustn't advocate such releases when we need Wembo 2002, June 21st 2012, multiple 80/81, 84/85 and 99/00 shows next. Seriously, we need like 8 show releases in March. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I agree with this, and I've actually thought about that notion myself a few times. 

I'd love them to just release a list of every show they've got available, just so we know what we could get. 

I could care less about them telling us what they're going to release each month though as long as we got that list. 

They can't do that. If they changed their minds about a show that was listed and didn't release it, imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unclejosh said:

yeah I am not one of those people.  I don't like surprises and I am not one who appreciates not knowing what is on a set-list for example. I would love to be handed a set-list at the door of every single show I saw.  I know they call audibles and can change stuff in the moment but I appreciate knowing what is coming in general.  I love and seek out spoilers and read scripts in advance of seeing movies whenever possible for example.

Yes, yes, yes.  I am not alone.  I hate surprises too whether at Christmas, birthdays or a show.  I can enjoy stuff a lot more when I know what is coming and when I don't, wondering stops me enjoying myself.  Most people think I am mad.  I want a release schedule 100%!

• Like 1