Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

46 minutes ago, J said:

WEMBLEY, WEMBLEY, WEMBLEY! 2002!!

28 minutes ago, Dr. Zoom said:

WEMBLEYgloben, WEMBLEYgloben, WEMBLEYgloben! 2002!!

Bologna 2002 was maybe the best 2002 European show, with the best setlist of the 7 shows.

Then, the setlist was not the most important thing of these very great 2002 European shows.

Haven't really listened to much of the archive series since Passaic and, as much as I love that its given me opportunity to give further listening to Neil Young, Prince and Tom Petty, God am I desperate for some new Springsteen. Only halfway through the month, too!

4 minutes ago, BobbyJames said:

saw Wembley was wanted and have since begun a desperate search for the tapes..

Probably they are in a box in Mr. Landau's attic with some dusty, unlabeled and unidentified tapes including L.A. 20.8.1981.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Open Letter to Mr Bruce Springsteen, Mr Jon Landau & Mr Brad Serling

For F***'s sake, please release Wembley 2002 or we'll never hear the last of it!

Thank you.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Wembley 2002, it has to be. Superb show. I was there, on the barrier just to the side of Clarence. Seem to remember a lot of interaction from Danny with the fans. Long day though, queuing from around 10.00 am if not earlier on a cold and blustery day. These days you would have to queue for around 4 days to get a similar position if there ever were any more indoor shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

I think that The Rising tour especially the first Us and the indoor European tour were really intense to give everybody hope and strengh after 9/11 and they played a lot of songs from that album. 

It was the first tour I saw and was really impressed how Springsteen could give people a lot of hope with only playing his songs and without a lot of political speeching in between the songs like Bono can do during shows.

So I really hope we can relive that with an official audio live release from that tour. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Marnix said:

I think that The Rising tour especially the first Us and the indoor European tour were really intense to give everybody hope and strengh after 9/11 and they played a lot of songs from that album. 

It was the first tour I saw and was really impressed how Springsteen could give people a lot of hope with only playing his songs and without a lot of political speeching in between the songs like Bono can do during shows.

So I really hope we can relive that with an official audio live release from that tour. 

I too would love a show to come out as part of the archive series. I was unhappy with the show I got to see early in the tour in August, at the Forum in 2002. There was something about it that I did not enjoy. Maybe it was my seats or the fact that it was early in the tour. It did not seem fully to represent the album which I really love. Later, in October, those European shows in London, Paris, Berlin seemed better, and of course the recordings were spectacular. Most likely to be the best audience sourced boots of all time. Then later, in the Summer of '03 I saw a good show at Dodger Stadium, which was much better.

I'm surprised that this tour hasn't been represented up to now. You never know whats around the corner with Bruce, he seems to amaze me most of the time.

• Like 3

On 2/15/2018 at 10:08 PM, MARTIN LEICESTER said:

Wembley 2002, it has to be. Superb show. I was there, on the barrier just to the side of Clarence. Seem to remember a lot of interaction from Danny with the fans. Long day though, queuing from around 10.00 am if not earlier on a cold and blustery day. These days you would have to queue for around 4 days to get a similar position if there ever were any more indoor shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A special show for me as I had no luck getting tickets when they first went on sale and was resigned to missing out but as word online in the week of the show was that tickets kept popping up for sale I got one 3 days before show day. OK it was on the back wall but it was a great show, as others on here have stated, and the last show with Phantom Dan for me. If they can improve on the bootleg (calling Mr Clearmountain!) then bring it on.

I remember Wembley 2002 fondly, but also as quite the ordeal.

There were gale force winds and very heavy rain the night before (which I believe killed 8 or 9 people across the country), which made the GA line much rougher than usual. The show was outstanding, especially from the very well-deserved front row, but I was so exhausted that by the encore I almost wanted it to end.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/15/2018 at 1:47 PM, Lampi said:

Bologna 2002 was maybe the best 2002 European show

Be that as it may, Wembley 2002 was the best show he's ever played, so there's that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, TheBoss said:

You want facts? Ok, I'll give you facts. I'd prefer second night at Ullevi 2003 over Wembley 2002.

Shush! 

Wembley 2002!!!!!!!!