Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

March 22 / Cincinnati, OH / U.S. Bank Arena 

please

"
A disappointing night in Cincinnati, a far cry from the exuberant, adrenalized performance in Indy just two nights ago. Not that adrenaline was in short supply tonight -- you might actually consider it the culprit. Springsteen took the band through the show at such a breakneck pace, they had barely passed the two-hour mark by the time "American Land" was through. That's not just clock-watching -- it was sorely felt in the performance, with hardcore fans in the crowd wondering all night, "What the... Why is he racing through this?" Pacing within songs, pacing between songs, very little talk... was there a plane to catch?"

1 hour ago, japaneseguitar said:

March 22 / Cincinnati, OH / U.S. Bank Arena 

please

"
A disappointing night in Cincinnati, a far cry from the exuberant, adrenalized performance in Indy just two nights ago. Not that adrenaline was in short supply tonight -- you might actually consider it the culprit. Springsteen took the band through the show at such a breakneck pace, they had barely passed the two-hour mark by the time "American Land" was through. That's not just clock-watching -- it was sorely felt in the performance, with hardcore fans in the crowd wondering all night, "What the... Why is he racing through this?" Pacing within songs, pacing between songs, very little talk... was there a plane to catch?"

I was at this show and loved it, tons of energy and an incredible Lost in the Flood.  Band came back out for an additional encore and played a great Kitty’s Back.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 65pacecar said:

I was at this show and loved it, tons of energy and an incredible Lost in the Flood.  Band came back out for an additional encore and played a great Kitty’s Back.  

The setlist looks great, and truth to be told, I like it best when Bruce goes for the 2 hours 30 min concerts. 
3 hours 30 min is too much. 

A week to go right? The problem as I see it is two fold; if they do release Wembley 2002 they'll be bombarded by fans demanding the release of their favourite show, if they don't we're going to hear about it ad infinitum! I guess the real question is just how long will they go before releasing any Rising show?!

Maybe they have thought about a little box set like the metlife one, all three available separate or as a set with a small saving should anybody want that. If over the course of the archive series we ended up with this and a good 2002 show I would be more than happy. 

2003-10-01 - SHEA STADIUM, NEW YORK CITY, NY

SOULS OF THE DEPARTED / THE RISING / LONESOME DAY / NIGHT / TUNNEL OF LOVE / BRILLIANT DISGUISE / EMPTY SKY / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / JOHNNY 99 / MAN'S JOB / THE FUSE / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / BADLANDS / NO SURRENDER / MARY'S PLACE / AMERICAN SKIN (41 SHOTS) / INTO THE FIRE / WHO'LL STOP THE RAIN / KITTY'S BACK / BORN TO RUN / SEVEN NIGHTS TO ROCK / MY CITY OF RUINS / BORN IN THE U.S.A. / ROSALITA (COME OUT TONIGHT) / DANCING IN THE DARK

2003-10-03 - SHEA STADIUM, NEW YORK CITY, NY

ROULETTE / CANDY'S ROOM / THE RISING / LONESOME DAY / THE TIES THAT BIND / BRILLIANT DISGUISE / EMPTY SKY / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / RENDEZVOUS / ANOTHER THIN LINE / SOULS OF THE DEPARTED / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / BADLANDS / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT / MARY'S PLACE / NEW YORK CITY SERENADE / INTO THE FIRE / JANEY, DON'T YOU LOSE HEART / PINK CADILLAC / BORN TO RUN / SEVEN NIGHTS TO ROCK / MY CITY OF RUINS / BORN IN THE U.S.A. / ROSALITA (COME OUT TONIGHT) (with Al Leiter) / DANCING IN THE DARK (with Willie Nile and Jon Landau) / TWIST AND SHOUT (with Gary U.S. Bonds, Laurie Tobias, Willie Nile, and Jon Landau)

2003-10-04 - SHEA STADIUM, NEW YORK CITY, NY

CODE OF SILENCE / THE RISING / LONESOME DAY / ROULETTE / NIGHT / I WISH I WERE BLIND / EMPTY SKY / YOU'RE MISSING / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / JOHNNY 99 / ANOTHER THIN LINE / TUNNEL OF LOVE / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / BADLANDS / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT / MARY'S PLACE / BACK IN YOUR ARMS / INTO THE FIRE / LIGHT OF DAY / BOBBY JEAN / BORN TO RUN / SEVEN NIGHTS TO ROCK / HIGHWAY 61 REVISITED (with Bob Dylan) / MY CITY OF RUINS / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS - PEOPLE GET READY / ROSALITA (COME OUT TONIGHT) / DANCING IN THE DARK (with Willie Nile and Jon Landau) / QUARTER TO THREE (with Gary U.S. Bonds, Laurie Anderson, Laurie Tobias, Garland Jeffreys, Willie Nile, and Jon Landau) / TWIST AND SHOUT - LA BAMBA (with Gary U.S. Bonds, Garland Jeffreys, Willie Nile, Jon Landau, Brendan O'Brien, and Don Ienner) / BLOOD BROTHERS

I am pretty sure that someone from Bruce management is reading over here.  There was a topic about the dvd Live in NYC and cd that it could have been more complete. And that people replied that they want to see a full release of the last MSG show of the reunion tour and a few months later there was the great archive release of that show. It could be a coincidence but still i have my thoughts. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SteveJhb said:

Lord can you imagine?

I want to hear it now.  There's enough hype behind that show on this board, it might as well be the next Avengers movie! 

6 hours ago, 65pacecar said:

I was there too. Danny had joined the band the previous show. We know now that that had been his last show and it stands to reason the band understood this at the time. It was an oddly rushed show, the band played with a desperate energy and the crowd was excellent. The Kitty's Back encore was one of the few genuinely surprise encores I've ever seen.

Unusually short, but for understandable reasons, and not a bad concert at all.

Having said that, the next show in Columbus, now that was spectacular...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Magnus said:

I was there too. Danny had joined the band the previous show. We know now that that had been his last show and it stands to reason the band understood this at the time. It was an oddly rushed show, the band played with a desperate energy and the crowd was excellent. The Kitty's Back encore was one of the few genuinely surprise encores I've ever seen.

Unusually short, but for understandable reasons, and not a bad concert at all.

Having said that, the next show in Columbus, now that was spectacular...

I was at Indy, Cincy and Columbus great little run. 

On 23/02/2018 at 2:07 PM, bobfan1976 said:

A week to go right? The problem as I see it is two fold; if they do release Wembley 2002 they'll be bombarded by fans demanding the release of their favourite show, if they don't we're going to hear about it ad infinitum! I guess the real question is just how long will they go before releasing any Rising show?!

It would purely be a coincidence... Wink wink nudge nudge. 

39 minutes ago, Scott Peterson said:

Hey, quick question: has anyone suggested Wembley 2002 yet? 'cuz that seems like it'd be a pretty good candidate. 

Wembley 2002? Odd choice, but I don't think anyone has brought it up as yet.