Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

5 hours ago, Lampi said:

The Mountain View 1986 benefit show had not really rarities in the setlist but some rather different versions of well-known songs, among them the first ever acoustic version of Born In The U.S.A.

A must-hear for every fan.

I rarely sit through audience tapes so a pro version of this would get my approval.

13 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

For what it's worth I got in touch with Nugs about Wembley 2002 and was told the reason it hasn't been released yet is because they can't edit out the "BRUCE I FUCKIN' LOVE YA" guy, and Bruce has refused to give them permission until he's removed completely.

J should have kept his mouth shut that night, talk about shooting yourself in the foot! ;):lol:

7 hours ago, Badlands_89 said:

J should have kept his mouth shut that night, talk about shooting yourself in the foot! ;):lol:

It ain't me Bruce... No no no it ain't me Bruce... It ain't me you're looking for... Bruce. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Zoom said:

So YOU'RE the Fookin' Luv Ya guy? The one mentioned on the Brixton '96 bootleg... 

I wasn't even at the Brixton 96 gig!! Unless I was soooooooooooooo drunk that I don't even remember buying tickets and going to  the gig. 

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Tobieg2004 said:

Hoping for the last Rising show @ Shea stadium this Friday, great show and a great setlist.  We will see, maybe it will not even be a Rising show.

It will! It will be Wembley 2002!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr. Zoom said:

So YOU'RE the Fookin' Luv Ya guy? The one mentioned on the Brixton '96 bootleg... 

He’s at Birmingham uk in 1999 too, right at the start of if I should fall behind , really clear too!   He added a “still” to the phrase that day!  

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ukjohnney said:

He’s at Birmingham uk in 1999 too, right at the start of if I should fall behind , really clear too!   He added a “still” to the phrase that day!  

Evolution! (Or is it J-volution? :P

Do the evolution, baby

1 hour ago, ukjohnney said:

I wasn't at the Birmingham 1999 gig either! (or any Birmingham gig for that matter). 

41 minutes ago, Dr. Zoom said:

Remember, Wembley 2002 was Bruce's final show in Europe, at Wembley, in 2002.

Just sayin'... 

Indeed... and it was the peak, the summit, the crescendo to a superb little run of gigs...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Zoom said:

Evolution! (Or is it J-volution? :P

Do the evolution, baby

Nice song that! Even though he didn't cover that song at Wembley 2002. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tobieg2004 said:

Hoping for the last Rising show @ Shea stadium this Friday, great show and a great setlist.  We will see, maybe it will not even be a Rising show.

I would prefer a more standard show that is more representative of the tour over a show with special guests and a setlist full of rarities.

But with the series expected to continue for quite some time, with likely multiple releases from most tours, there is room for both: the rather short, Rising-heavy  and standard but very intense 2002 shows and the longer and more loose 2003 shows with more variation and rarities in the setlist.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lampi said:

I would prefer a more standard show that is more representative of the tour over a show with special guests and a setlist full of rarities.

But with the series expected to continue for quite some time, with likely multiple releases from most tours, there is room for both: the rather short, Rising-heavy  and standard but very intense 2002 shows and the longer and more loose 2003 shows with more variation and rarities in the setlist.

I would love one of the intense 2002 shows. Get a real sense of the album and the feelings at that time. 

6 hours ago, Dr. Zoom said:

Maybe he'd have played it if you yelled for that (I mean, instead of I fooken luv ya! ;):P

To be honest I had the worst seat in the house that night... There's no way he'd have heard me. I was in the most far away corner near the top... Only way I could have any further away from Bruce that night would have been by showing up in Brixton for the gig. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, J said:

To be honest I had the worst seat in the house that night... There's no way he'd have heard me. I was in the most far away corner near the top... Only way I could have any further away from Bruce that night would have been by showing up in Brixton for the gig. 

Ha! Sounds like the almost same placement of seats we had for the Globen show, worst seats I've ever had.