Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

On 2/25/2018 at 5:32 PM, Lampi said:

The Mountain View 1986 benefit show had not really rarities in the setlist but some rather different versions of well-known songs, among them the first ever acoustic version of Born In The U.S.A.

A must-hear for every fan.

Kinda short though... 

With Neil Young:

1. HELPLESS (with Nils Lofgren)

Solo:

2. YOU CAN LOOK (BUT YOU BETTER NOT TOUCH) 

3. BORN IN THE U.S.A.

With Nils Lofgren and Danny Federici:

4. SEEDS

5. DARLINGTON COUNTY

6. MANSION ON THE HILL

7. FIRE

8. DANCING IN THE DARK

9. GLORY DAYS

10. FOLLOW THAT DREAM

11. HUNGRY HEART (with Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young)

12. TEACH YOUR CHILDREN (with all performers)

They'd probably strip the first song at least... and perhaps the last one too... that would leave 10 songs. I'd hope that one would be no more than 5 bucks!

3 minutes ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

I can imagine that the mountain view show is also legal property of the foundation. If not, I would love to see it released. 

Probably, they did release one track. Bruce & co. got to use the video for the Fire single, so idk. Dunno how those things work. 

30 minutes ago, J said:

Kinda short though... 

With Neil Young:

1. HELPLESS (with Nils Lofgren)

Solo:

2. YOU CAN LOOK (BUT YOU BETTER NOT TOUCH) 

3. BORN IN THE U.S.A.

With Nils Lofgren and Danny Federici:

4. SEEDS

5. DARLINGTON COUNTY

6. MANSION ON THE HILL

7. FIRE

8. DANCING IN THE DARK

9. GLORY DAYS

10. FOLLOW THAT DREAM

11. HUNGRY HEART (with Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young)

12. TEACH YOUR CHILDREN (with all performers)

Short, but according to reviews at the time, Bruce had about twice as much time as anyone else. 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Zoom said:

Short, but according to reviews at the time, Bruce had about twice as much time as anyone else. 

Well, good for him and all that! But be that as it may, my point is that it wouldn't make for an awesome Archive release if that was all we got. :P

• Haha 1

So is the general consensus that Wembley 2002 is the wanted release?

Whatever it is, I'll probably give it a miss. In the last couple of weeks I've lost massive interest in Springsteen, and haven't listened to him since. I'm wanting to try and get on here regardless, but it just seems more and more like a waste of time. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Whatever it is, I'll probably give it a miss. In the last couple of weeks I've lost massive interest in Springsteen, and haven't listened to him since. I'm wanting to try and get on here regardless, but it just seems more and more like a waste of time. 

Chin up! We all have to take a Bruce break every once in a while. Don't go - we'll try harder!

11 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Bruce played a 2nd time at the Mountain View benefit in the 90s (I think 1993).

Both shows released together would give more value for money.

1995, just before the TGOTJ tour. Think 2 songs were premiered there. Short set (compared to '86), nothing special if I remember correctly. 

15 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Think it's the general J-sensus. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I want Wembley 2002 too!  

Sorry to hear that, why might I ask? 

38 minutes ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

We all have those phases, I think :huh: 

Huh. I've been assuming he was kidding. Although I did pretty much take a break from about 1995-2002. 

I’m still in my Stevie Wonder phase.............mostly 

Me too! 35 years and counting. 

(Wait...do we mean still in a phase where we think he kicks sliced bread's ass, or are taking a break from him...?)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolfinthepines said:

Chin up! We all have to take a Bruce break every once in a while. Don't go - we'll try harder!

Yeah, I feel like it's been coming. Been listening to him non-stop since May 2016 so it's no surprise. It would possibly help if he was doing something to keep me interested mind. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Zoom said:

Think it's the general J-sensus. 

Hahaha, I hope he gets it. We all deserve to have "our" shows to be released. 

2 hours ago, Silvia said:

This happened to me in 2002 and lasted a decade.

If I remember rightly (and I probably do) the last time I went off him was around mid-late 2013 and lasted until mid-2014. That was my big Oasis/Stone Roses etc. phase. 

Problem is nowadays I just can't be bothered for other music. I keep scrolling down my iTunes and it's all good music, the 709/2704 songs that aren't Bruce, but hardly anything that will hold me over like Bruce's music usually does. 

The last two weeks I've pretty much been listening to The Jovi above everything else. I hadn't listened to This House is Not For Sale much, it's canny. And I love the rest, What About Now takes me back to good times in early 2013 and I'm having fun listening to certain songs I hadn't given much attention to in the past. 

1 hour ago, ukjohnney said:

I want Wembley 2002 too!  

Sorry to hear that, why might I ask? 

Hope you get it!

I'm not overly sure how it happened, I just went on to iTunes that night (the 11th apparently), scrolled through a plethora of Springsteen live albums to see which one to play and said, "Nah, I can't be arsed for this" and I haven't really thought about listening to him since. I wouldn't even say I'm 'burnt out' or anything like that, I just don't care anymore. 

21 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Problem is nowadays I just can't be bothered for other music. I keep scrolling down my iTunes and it's all good music, the 709/2704 songs that aren't Bruce, but hardly anything that will hold me over like Bruce's music usually does. 

May I suggest you try something REALLY different? Jazz, classical, reggae, metal? 

When I can't figure out what to listen to—or sometimes as I'm ripping something to iTunes—I put this on as a stopgap. I usually find myself very happily listening to it 8 hours later. 

268x0w.jpg

4 minutes ago, Scott Peterson said:

May I suggest you try something REALLY different? Jazz, classical, reggae, metal? 

Appreciate the suggestions, but i find it difficult to get into particular music just like that. In the last several months I've tried electro pop through listening to PVRIS, rap through Kanye West and Post Malone, even tried metal by listening to Metallica's albums chronologically.

I like all of this music, but I have spent a lot of time trying to get into it to the levels of Bruce, but I always find myself listening to an E Street Band show 2 or so weeks later. 

As it goes I'm surprised I've refrained from listening to GNR on a daily basis these last couple of weeks, they're usually my go-to other band nowadays for something other than Bruce.