Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, davemunday said:

No I want the DVD- Rip it was just my expectation of the release

If they release that, then they've definitely lost the rest of the tapes / the hard drive! 

We've now had 4 (FOUR) months of surprisingly consistent release times. 

• 4:45pm - Meadowlands, 20/8/84
  • 4:50pm - Grand Rapids 2005 (Feb 2018)
  • 4:47pm - Brendan Byrne '93 (Jan 2018)
  • 4:51pm - Passaic '78 (Dec 2017)
  • 3:54pm - Jazzfest, N'AWLINS 2006 (Dec 2017)
  • 6:54pm - Stockholm 3/7/88 (Nov 2017)
  • 7:49pm - MSG 1/7/2000 (Oct 2017)
  • 5:10pm - Houston '78 (Sept 2017)
  • 5:45pm - Belfast 1996 (Sept 2017)
  • 8:00 - 8:05pm - '77 shows (Aug 2017)
  • 8:10pm - Philly '09 (July 2017)
  • 4:30 - 4:40pm - Helsinki 2012 (May 2017)
  • 3:00 - 3:10pm - St Louis 2008 (Apr 2017)
  • 7:54pm - Buffalo '09 (Dec 2016)
  • Like 1

I'm sad. 

Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car. 

So all round not very pleasing day. :(

28467878_10154985323276261_6728580692218

• Sad 13
Just now, Born To Walk said:

Has anyone asked Nugs on Twitter about the lack of a Rising show?

I'm not on Twitter before anyone tells me to do it myself!

I've asked them twice about the Wembley 2002 show... crickets and tumbleweed... 

3 minutes ago, 65pacecar said:

Wembley 2002 :D  Figured I might as well get it started.

I like it! 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, J said:

I'm sad. 

Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car. 

So all round not very pleasing day. :(

28467878_10154985323276261_6728580692218

Very similar to what I did yesterday, except I only ended up spinning into the grass verge instead of a parked car. My damage is slightly less and more to the front rather than the side.

8 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Very similar to what I did yesterday, except I only ended up spinning into the grass verge instead of a parked car. My damage is slightly less and more to the front rather than the side.

I was headed straight for it, I almost managed to pull it away enough, but not quite. 

I hope you were ok in yours yesterday? 

Just now, J said:

I was headed straight for it, I almost managed to pull it away enough, but not quite. 

I hope you were ok in yours yesterday? 

Yes, I'm fine thanks.

I thought the road was OK, but came round a corner and was confronted by a patch of snow that had drifted across the road in the wind. Fortunately I'd just left a 30mph zone so wasn't going too fast. Lost control and spun round into the verge. I managed to drive home without anything falling off.

The insurance company and garage have been great so far. I had a courtesy car by lunchtime today whilst mine was taken away for repair.

1 minute ago, Born To Walk said:

Yes, I'm fine thanks.

I thought the road was OK, but came round a corner and was confronted by a patch of snow that had drifted across the road in the wind. Fortunately I'd just left a 30mph zone so wasn't going too fast. Lost control and spun round into the verge. I managed to drive home without anything falling off.

The insurance company and garage have been great so far. I had a courtesy car by lunchtime today whilst mine was taken away for repair.

Cool... I was doing about 5 mph... there was a car parked on my side of the road, a car cae tearing round the corner the other way, so I hit the breaks to stop to avoid the oncoming car and my car just kept going into the back of the parked car. I was shocked to see how much damage there was to my car considering how slow I was going... the oncoming car just kept going. 

The drive home was fun because everything is touching the wheel, so it whistled and squeaked and ground all the way home. 

• Sad 2
3 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

About them possibly losing the shows, it says on the live website about this release:

"Original live recording production by Chuck Plotkin

Transferred from 24-track, 2-inch analog tape at 24-bit / 192 kHz. Note: due to a missing analog master reel, Hungry Heart, Dancing in the Dark, Cadillac Ranch, Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out and No Surrender transferred from 48 kHz DASH 24-track digital tape; upsampled to 24-bit / 192 kHz"

Does that note suggest they've taken that audio from bootlegs or something?

And if so, isn't that version of Tenth not on Live 75-85? 

I think what this means is when they were making the Live 75-85 they took only that specific original tape reel and transferred it digitally in 48khz for mixing and mastering the track selected for the release -  10th Ave.  That tape must have been lost and when they went to the archives to get the rest of the reels so Altschiller could work on them they found the reel missing so went to the digital tape version they had already transferred that reel to back then.  At least that is how I read it and really the only thing that makes sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, unclejosh said:

I think what this means is when they were making the Live 75-85 they took only that specific original tape reel and transferred it digitally in 48khz for mixing and mastering the track selected for the release -  10th Ave.  That tape must have been lost and when they went to the archives to get the rest of the reels so Altschiller could work on them they found the reel missing so went to the digital tape version they had already transferred that reel to back then.  At least that is how I read it and really the only thing that makes sense.

I was thinking nearly the same thing. There's no loss in sound quality between the two sources that I can hear.

anybody else hoping for a mid-month release? April 6th feels like a long time from now...  (yes, I'm shaking my own head at how spoiled I've become)  

I got home Friday and realized that I already had the 8/20/84 show as a bootleg and have already listened to it quite a few times (just not recently).  I still bought the official release.  The sound is amazing.  Definitely worth it.  Problem is it isn't really new, to me at least.  So.... already wishing for the next release.  

Well the fact is that due to the availability for MOST of the live shows in bootleg circles, coming up with a "new" recording is very hard to find.  Aside from the 77 boards, all the releases have already been out there in varying degree of quality so it is nigh impossible for any release to be new to the people on these and other Bruce boards since we represent the 1% of fans anyway.  

Not to mention when they do release a show people complain that they didn't release the already well booted shows like Roxy 78 or Passaic 19th instead of the 20th.    When they released the 8/5/84 show years ago people complained back then that they should have released the 8/20/84 show and now people are saying they wanted some other show when this finally got released.   

The fact is no matter what shows they release each month there is going to be a vocal minority who are not happy with the choice for whatever reason.  I am guilty of it myself at times especially with solo or post reunion shows.  They do nothing for me so each time they are released, I get annoyed and can' t wait for the next release.  But that is the magic of Bruce fans, so many era and years of when people became fans that no one agrees on their favorite ones.

Even though I really don't care about this tour, I do hope the next show is a Rising show as keeps being speculated for the past 6 months just for completest sake and so all eras are represented with at least 1 release.

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, unclejosh said:

Not to mention when they do release a show people complain that they didn't release the already well booted shows like Roxy 78 or Passaic 19th instead of the 20th.    When they released the 8/5/84 show years ago people complained back then that they should have released the 8/20/84 show and now people are saying they wanted some other show when this finally got released.   

The comments on the live website have been especially bad the last few days. My favourite comment was the one that said this:

This show is far too similar to the 1984 release already on the archives.

It seems that there is little to no thought about what committed and zealous fans - the target market for this program - already own. 

Now, there's a two points to this comment that is both promising and very funny. 

1. "This show is far too similar to the 1984 release already on the archives." Get. In. This means that Nugs have no problems releasing 'similar' shows and should mean in the future we'll get multiple ToL shows that have the same setlist and others, like multiple shows from the Wrecking Ball Tour, where there isn't any major difference in setlist variation. 
2. "It seems that there is little to no thought, from the decision-makers, about what committed and zealous fans - the target market for this program - already own." One of the most revered shows in Springsteen's career by his committed and zealous fans. Y'know, the target audience. It's ironic. how little thought that person put into his comment slating Nugs for their thinking process.'

God, I love the archive series. 

• Like 2