Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

Well seeing as we're starting to speculate, let's see what Springsteen shows took place on/around Easter over the years. 

As always, this is purely baseless speculation and a waste of my time. But we might get some discussion out of it, and that's all that counts. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Well seeing as we're starting to speculate, let's see what Springsteen shows took place on/around Easter over the years. 

As always, this is purely baseless speculation and a waste of my time. But we might get some discussion out of it, and that's all that counts. 

1976 double header would do me nicely

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Remastered by Jimmy Page, the samples sound very, very good for this and I think they serve as an good indication that if 72-74 E Street shows were recorded, there shouldn't anything stopping them getting released in good quality. 

I would say the two are completely unrelated. Led Zep at that time was a huge money making machine and Bruce & Co. were still getting nationally established. I wouldn't draw ant comparisons between the two. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

The majority of you who Nugs email may well have seen this, but Led Zeppelin have just released some live material from 1972, that I thought was worth checking out given the discussions about early 70s Springsteen shows and that. 

Remastered by Jimmy Page, the samples sound very, very good for this and I think they serve as an good indication that if 72-74 E Street shows were recorded, there shouldn't anything stopping them getting released in good quality. 

Yup, it's the 'How The West Was Won' set, with audio taken from two gigs in June 1972. I have this on CD from the original release in 2003. It's a superb live album.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Charlotte and Raleigh 2000 were my two first shows in the US, I'd take those instantly. 

Best Easter ever, that. 

• Like 2

75 and 78 have yet to be really well released. The Cleveland 78 was something we always had and so is Tower 75. There is still some great recor4dings in the vault from those years that nobody has heard.  Something from 75-78 that doesn't circulate from the soundboard already is what I would love to see pop up this Friday.

With that said, I am expecting a Rising Tour show. I think it is the only post 1980/81 tour not touched yet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThePhisherman said:

75 and 78 have yet to be really well released. The Cleveland 78 was something we always had and so is Tower 75. There is still some great recor4dings in the vault from those years that nobody has heard.  Something from 75-78 that doesn't circulate from the soundboard already is what I would love to see pop up this Friday.

With that said, I am expecting a Rising Tour show. I think it is the only post 1980/81 tour not touched yet. 

If by "well released" you mean something that hasn't been bootlegged, I'm with you. But I would say that the Capitol '78 show was quite well released by any standard. 

2 hours ago, ThePhisherman said:

Yes indeed, much more interesting than shows from which already (very) good sounding bootlegs are in circulation.

Also, hearing a show from the 70s (not only 1975 or 1978) you have never heard before  (because there is no known audio) is more exiting than hearing a very well-known show (IMO).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lampi said:

Yes indeed, much more interesting than shows from which already (very) good sounding bootlegs are in circulation.

Also, hearing a show from the 70s (not only 1975 or 1978) you have never heard before  (because there is no known audio) is more exiting than hearing a very well-known show (IMO).

I agree, but the past year has seemed to indicate that the surest way to get a large percentage of the most passionate Bruce fans to complain on message boards is to release a show that's not one of the best known.  ("What?! No Winterland?! No Bottom Line?! No Bryn Mawr?!?!")

Another way, of course, is to release one of the best known shows. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Scott Peterson said:

Another way, of course, is to release one of the best known shows. 

It's a strange thing. When I read -must have been late 90s- Crystal Cat was releasing Winterland Night, I thought something like 'but every fan (that is, most fans) already owns Winterland and has listened to it many, many times; so no need for a new release."

Turned out Winterland was -apparently- the best-selling Crystal Cat release ever.

On 3/30/2018 at 12:39 AM, Paolo's Circus Story said:
  • 2002 - no show around Easter in 2002, but let's just say Wembley 2002 happened on Easter Sunday just in case.

• Haha 3