Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

5 minutes ago, J said:

. Still, the Wembley version sounds like it was much better because of the added bits. 

Probably also because in Rotterdam Bruce said 'I hope I remember all the words' (although the song was soundchecked before the show).

Anyway. EVERYTHING was better...

...when Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band were still playing arenas on European tours.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lampi said:

Rotterdam was the first ever performance on acoustic guitar, a solo performance by Bruce and without the violin (or another band member) I think.

To really compare I should try to find the bootleg of the Rotterdam show and listen to The River.

Many years ago I last heard the Rotterdam show.

He played The River on acoustic guitar (for the first time ever?) at my first ever show, Glasgow 31st March '93.

Hello old rocker friends out there :-)

• Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, Telecaster King said:

He played The River on acoustic guitar (for the first time ever?) at my first ever show, Glasgow 31st March '93.

TEEKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How the devil are you!? :) I was just up in Scotland for Easter... back up in the summer, we should have another rendezvous!

2 hours ago, Telecaster King said:

Teekay! How are you, mang? 

I would love an officially mixed and released version of Freehold, NJ, 11/08/1996.  Maybe not the next release, but one of these days, would be nice.

• Like 4

Hey guys need a bit of help for another member here, in a similar situation to me a while ago could the fellow lakers please PM him and help where it is possible. I hate the fact that these NUGS releases, its easy to lose one and they will not allow us to download again. Below is what he needs help with I have a lot but not those unfortunately, the community here will look after them right?: 

Original thread: 

Need needed for the below:

12/31/75: Disc1 Intro, She's The One, Born To Run, Pretty Flamingo. Disc 2: Sandy

2/5/14

2/8/14

2/26/14

On 21/04/2018 at 10:04 AM, crdowning said:

I would love an officially mixed and released version of Freehold, NJ, 11/08/1996.  Maybe not the next release, but one of these days, would be nice.

I think from what we've seen so far, the archive releases will be a mix of fan favourites and shows Bruce considers important to himself. (An e.g. of the later is the New Orleans Seeger show, which Bruce writes about in his book). Sometimes the two collide... I think Clarence's last show and Danny's last show are examples of shows that are probably personally important to Bruce and also loved by the fanbase.

I think the Freehold show would hold huge personal significance to Bruce and be an odds on favourite for release in the future.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Badlands_89 said:

Hey guys need a bit of help for another member here, in a similar situation to me a while ago could the fellow lakers please PM him and help where it is possible. I hate the fact that these NUGS releases, its easy to lose one and they will not allow us to download again. Below is what he needs help with I have a lot but not those unfortunately, the community here will look after them right?: 

Original thread: 

Need needed for the below:

12/31/75: Disc1 Intro, She's The One, Born To Run, Pretty Flamingo. Disc 2: Sandy

2/5/14

2/8/14

2/26/14

I got those High Hopes shows. PM sent.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

39 minutes ago, Lampi said:

So not to a computer near YOU, then?

Yep, also a computer near you, but I was talking to you all... so... you know. Friday is Wembley 2002 day globally! 

1 hour ago, ThePhisherman said:

Do you have a source for this info?

I know this isn't "The Fight Club" but why are you here? You have zero to say positive about Bruce. You go out of your way to say negative thing about Bruce. And if followed along on a more regular basis without such a negative attitude you would realize Wembley 2002 is an on going theme in this and a couple other threads.

BTW: I love Phish

6 hours ago, J said:

Yep, also a computer near you, but I was talking to you all... so... you know. Friday is Wembley 2002 day globally! 

That should have said "also a computer near me"! Dammit. 

4 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I know this isn't "The Fight Club" but why are you here? You have zero to say positive about Bruce. You go out of your way to say negative thing about Bruce. And if followed along on a more regular basis without such a negative attitude you would realize Wembley 2002 is an on going theme in this and a couple other threads.

BTW: I love Phish

I have 0 to say positive about Bruce who? WTF are you talking about? Please point to one negative thing I have EVER said about Bruce Springsteen ever please?

11 hours ago, ThePhisherman said:

I have 0 to say positive about Bruce who? WTF are you talking about? Please point to one negative thing I have EVER said about Bruce Springsteen ever please?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Put the hand bags away guys, its nearly the first Friday of the month, happy days!

Maybe this month will finally be a rising show, but whatever it is, I'm in!