Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

1 hour ago, Bosstralian said:

Somewhere in Australia?

I think you are getting confused with the Prodigal Son Night Of Killer Dingosharks bootleg

The Dingosharks bootleg is a matrix, though. Wembley Jembley is a straight audience recording. 

On 5/26/2018 at 9:40 AM, Dr. Zoom said:

The Dingosharks bootleg is a matrix, though. Wembley Jembley is a straight audience recording. 

Hence why we need the Wembley Jembley 2002 show to be the next archive release! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

This being the Darkness Anniversary week....I'm going with Roxy Theater 78/7/7 mixed by Bob C.

I was thinking the same thing. I also just noticed that E Street Radio is playing the Roxy show Friday evening. They're playing Darkness shows all week, but the other show they're playing that day, the Agora 8/9/78 show, has already been released. 

• Like 1

Although I'd prefer to revisit the River, I'd definitely not be dissapointed with a Darkness show, especially if it's another Clearmountain mix. 

With the Darkness anniversary the following day (think that's right) I can't see it being anything else than a 78 show, so bring it on - would love another non-Santa Claus show so I'm hoping for Roxy!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BobbyJames said:

Although I'd prefer to revisit the River, I'd definitely not be dissapointed with a Darkness show, especially if it's another Clearmountain mix. 

With the Darkness anniversary the following day (think that's right) I can't see it being anything else than a 78 show, so bring it on - would love another non-Santa Claus show so I'm hoping for Roxy!

I'd prefer a River Tour show as well, but after how good Freehold '96 was I'm hopeful there'll be no complaints from me whatever is released. 

While I don't think it will be the Roxy show, if it does end up getting released, I am just waiting to see how many people complain about the sound because it won't sound like the versions on 75-85.  The tricks and editing and overdubs and drum and spatial manipulation done to the Roxy songs included on the set will not be in effect on the archive version if and when it does get finally released.

It will still sound excellent I am sure but more like Passaic 9/20 than 75-85.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TruthThatRanUsDown said:

I was thinking the same thing. I also just noticed that E Street Radio is playing the Roxy show Friday evening. They're playing Darkness shows all week, but the other show they're playing that day, the Agora 8/9/78 show, has already been released. 

I wish Clearmountain would go back and remix the Agora release, I would buy it again if he improved it.  My version off of WEBN sounds better than the archive release.

1 hour ago, 65pacecar said:

I wish Clearmountain would go back and remix the Agora release, I would buy it again if he improved it.  My version off of WEBN sounds better than the archive release.

Hell, I would buy it again too, no point me pretending otherwise but I still think the archive version sounds great personally.

Really hoping for an 81 River show with Jole Blon but would never grumble at another 78 show albeit I would rather not have Roxy night.  So much was on 75/85 already and I think the show pales against Passaic and Winterland.  

If we were to get another 78 show, would love the 19/09 Passaic show or the Palladium show from 17/09...

• Like 1

Doing some Googling and noticed there wasn't a show performed on June 1st 1978, so there's no chance of an 40th year-to-the-day Anniversary tie-in. 

The closest you could get is:

May 31st in Boston: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/1978/boston-music-hall-boston-ma-7bd7aef0.html

or June 2nd in Annapolis: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/1978/united-states-naval-academy-annapolis-md-63d7aef7.html

1 hour ago, 65pacecar said:

I don't know if a remix would help much. There are no available multi-tracks so there is only the 2 track stereo tape available and there isn't much that can be done as the mixing was already done live at the recording stage.  You are limited in what you can do.  Your preference for the WEBN version is most likely due to familiarity, nostalgia and most importantly, poor mastering of the archive version.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unclejosh said:

I don't know if a remix would help much. There are no available multi-tracks so there is only the 2 track stereo tape available and there isn't much that can be done as the mixing was already done live at the recording stage.  You are limited in what you can do.  Your preference for the WEBN version is most likely due to familiarity, nostalgia and most importantly, poor mastering of the archive version.  

I have a few versions of the show including the radio broadcast I recorded, along with bootleg releases that I think sound better than the archive release.  The official release is a little flat, still a nice clean recording but I think the mix is off just a little. 

Ah Wembley, Wembley, Wembley, on Friday you will be released…

Ah Wembley, Wembley, Wembley, on Friday you will be released…

I’m so excited ‘bout Wembley 2002, I’ll be spending my nights in ecstasy.