Greasy Lake Community

Holy cow a woman doctor

15 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

I don't watch Dr. Who but I do watch Broadchurch and I think Jodie is a great actress. 

6 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

Loved her in Broadchurch and think I might actually watch my first episode of Doctor Who now. :D

It is super scary 

And watching snippets as a 5 year old scares you for life 

It's weird and odd and scary like the British do so well

When I worked in Porirua in the big store with my two isles of irrigation my very dear work mate used to hide behind the stack of round plastic black compost bins and tell out exterminate! Exterminate!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AMIW said:

shame on you both Dr Who is one of the many famous things to come from Cardiff :o

Cardiff Arms Park was once a great place. Then they built the Millenium Stadium

well Mark technically the Arms Park is the small rugby ground to the north (nearest the castle) and still exists 

the bigger rugby ground you are thinking of was actually called the national stadium before it was the millennium stadium from 1968 onwards

though prior to 1968 the arms park was indeed the southern site and the northern site was a cricket ground

confused now?

5 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

It is super scary 

And watching snippets as a 5 year old scares you for life 

It's weird and odd and scary like the British do so well

When I worked in Porirua in the big store with my two isles of irrigation my very dear work mate used to hide behind the stack of round plastic black compost bins and tell out exterminate! Exterminate!

well Daisey imagine how scary it was as a small kid seeing the Daleks and knowing that the creator of the daleks (terry nation) lived only 3 streets from your house and could presumably send over daleks at a moments notice :o

3 hours ago, AMIW said:

well Daisey imagine how scary it was as a small kid seeing the Daleks and knowing that the creator of the daleks (terry nation) lived only 3 streets from your house and could presumably send over daleks at a moments notice :o

No wonder you moved to the land of Bruce Springsteen 

23 hours ago, AMIW said:

well Mark technically the Arms Park is the small rugby ground to the north (nearest the castle) and still exists 

the bigger rugby ground you are thinking of was actually called the national stadium before it was the millennium stadium from 1968 onwards

though prior to 1968 the arms park was indeed the southern site and the northern site was a cricket ground

confused now?

The Welsh confusing? Still trying how to say Llanelli...

• Like 1

and here is something I did not know

David Tennant is married to Georgia Moffat (who played his daughter in a Dr Who Episode :o)

and she is the daughter in real life of Peter Davison who of course was also Dr Who!!!!!!! yikes.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2017-07-21 at 9:49 AM, AMIW said:

and here is something I did not know

David Tennant is married to Georgia Moffat (who played his daughter in a Dr Who Episode :o)

and she is the daughter in real life of Peter Davison who of course was also Dr Who!!!!!!! yikes.

Did you see Georgia Moffat in this?

This special is also awesome (as are most things filmed in Cardiff)

To celebrate Red Nose Day today we present the full 1999 Doctor Who Comic Relief special The Curse of Fatal Death. Starring Rowan Atkinson, Richard E. Grant, Jim Broadbent, Hugh Grant and Joanna Lumley as the Doctor, written by Steven Moffat.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...