Wasted in the heat

Official 2017 NFL Thread

Way past time for this.  Pin it.  

Do Falcons repeat NFC title? (yes)

Does someone pick up Kaep? (someone will eventually, I think)

Dark horse teams?  

Bears will suck.  Long season ahead.

:mellow:

From what I've read Luck will miss the first couple game this year.

Colts 7-9. Miss the playoffs again.

Giants have a shot if the O line improves/stands up.

I'm not naturally optimistic.

It's the hope that kills you.

Hopefully the domestic violence cowboys suck.

3 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Giants have a shot if the O line improves/stands up.

I'm not naturally optimistic.

It's the hope that kills you.

Hopefully the domestic violence cowboys suck.

Giants have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. 

Keeping expectations tempered. Get through camp and preseason healthy and go from there. 

Steelers didn't fire their OC in the offseason, much to my chagrin.  :(  I hate  HATE  HATE Todd Haley and his penchant for coming up very small in big games like last years AFC championship.  The Steelers have the talent to win it all but he holds them back with his ultraconservative game plans at the wrong times.  Why did they ever let Bruce Arians get away?  But I'm still optimistic cause they have a pretty easy schedule this year.

5 hours ago, gsquare said:

Why did they ever let Bruce Arians get away?

My Colts can say the same thing.

I feel like the Falcons have a legit chance to go back to the SB this year, but being a Falcons fan, I can't help also feeling that they will find some new and more excruciating way to break our hearts.  

I can't think of a team in the NFC that has more talent.  If anything they should be better than last year.  Tru will be back and Takk McKinley will be a beast.   

1 hour ago, Wasted in the heat said:

I feel like the Falcons have a legit chance to go back to the SB this year, but being a Falcons fan, I can't help also feeling that they will find some new and more excruciating way to break our hearts.  

I can't think of a team in the NFC that has more talent.  If anything they should be better than last year.  Tru will be back and Takk McKinley will be a beast.   

I think the Falcons, Giants, and Buccaneers head into the season with alot of talent in the NFC.  Add the Packers, Seahawks and Vikings to that list. I think the Bucs have some real potential in that division. The way they have been building that team the last few years around Jameis Winston is impressive. 

Mike Evans, Vincent Jackson, added DeSean Jackson and drafted OJ Howard to go along with Cameron Brate at TE. I think the Bucs and Falcons will be battling for that division. 

Does Mike Glennon have the longest neck in the NFL?

Dayum....would think that just puts his noggin up that much higher as a target.

image.png.a4a2d307bf5d789df17929ecc64b4866.png

Didn't I just say get through camp and preseason healthy?  If it's as bad as indicated, the Giants may now have a major hole in the slot. Reading it's his ankle. 

51 minutes ago, Power13 said:

Does Mike Glennon have the longest neck in the NFL?

Dayum....would think that just puts his noggin up that much higher as a target.

image.png.a4a2d307bf5d789df17929ecc64b4866.png

Saw this on Deadspin the other day.  Photoshpped from when Glennon threw out the 1st pitch at a Cubs game.  

QcOyeZUl.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

Didn't I just say get through camp and preseason healthy?  If it's as bad as indicated, the Giants may now have a major hole in the slot. Reading it's his ankle. 

Latest reports saying not as bad as first feared.

Fingers crossed........

Cutler is back...signs one year, $10M deal (plus incentives) with Miami. He had one of best seasons under Adam Gase....we'll see what he can do in South Beach  

Too bad....he was scheduled to be the announcer for the Bears season-opener.  Tha would have been interesting. 

Matt Moore has been a backup for a long time in Miami, and he seems to repeatedly get passed over. 

But Gase must have had a heavy hand in getting Cutler that deal to come there. 

Cutler already in mid-season, sullen form. :lol:

image.thumb.png.0cea4098aac4718c5ea0bab30e2f0d68.png

When philly editors have too much time on their hands....

The owner of the LA Rams, Stan Kronke, apparently enjoys trophy hunting (from the pic I assume using a vehicle rather than via a prolonged foot stalk ;)), and wants to televise trophy hunts. Wonder how this will go over in LaLa Land.

https://www.change.org/p/sir-chips-keswick-remove-stan-kroenke-from-arsenal-football-club/nftexp3/fb_share_post_dynamic/65089317

22 minutes ago, JimCT said:

The owner of the LA Rams, Stan Kronke, apparently enjoys trophy hunting (from the pic I assume using a vehicle rather than via a prolonged foot stalk ;)), and wants to televise trophy hunts. Wonder how this will go over in LaLa Land.

https://www.change.org/p/sir-chips-keswick-remove-stan-kroenke-from-arsenal-football-club/nftexp3/fb_share_post_dynamic/65089317

Plus, I heard somewhere that Uncle Ted was going to be the host of a TV show that Kronke wants to produce.

Plus the fucker still owns the state of Missouri and city of St. Louis over $350,000.00 for back taxes.

1 hour ago, JimCT said:

That might be the closest he ever gets to a trophy in his LA venture. 

Speaking of LA.  Was just thinking of how strange it is going to be to see the Chargers playing in a 30K seat soccer stadium for the next couple of years.  What a freaking joke.  Spanos cuck to Kroenke

My pet theory is that somehow the LA Olympics will result in a new stadium for the Chargers back home in SD.  I'm thinking rather than calling them the LA Olympics they'll be the "Southern California" Olympics and they'll have a few events in far flung locales like SD.