Wasted in the heat

Official 2017 NFL Thread

17 hours ago, AMIW said:

guardian article about the poor turn out for the return of yankeeball to lala- land

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/sep/11/los-angeles-rams-chargers-nfl-empty-stadiums

I was wrong about Romo...I watched that game and he was great actually. I am happy to be wrong.

LA fans are fickle, if they don't win people won't show up.

Bears place Kevin White in IR.....most of you have probably never heard of him since he has literally been hurt almost his entire career.  Bears #1 pick three years ago, WR from West Virginia.  Sat out entire first season with stress fractures in his shins, played 5 games last year with zero impact and now out for the season after getting hurt in game 1 this year.

Still has $2M guaranteed for next year, which is really nothing, but still....They should just waive him and pay the $2M 

"Oakland, California
Home of the Oakland Raiders
Opened: 1966
Coolest feature: Imagine you took an entire Pelican Bay cellblock, dressed them in spiked shoulder pads, and told them to start drinking at 7am. Those are the nice fans in the Black Hole. It’s as close to Mad Max as you’ll find in a sports venue."

Pretty much.

• Bruuuuce! 1

yankeeball game on tv tonight in atlanta

will the falcons roof manage to open or will they have to send someone to Home Depot to get spare parts or tarp?

how many times will the commentators mention chick-fil-a and it being closed on sundays

5 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

"Oakland, California
Home of the Oakland Raiders
Opened: 1966
Coolest feature: Imagine you took an entire Pelican Bay cellblock, dressed them in spiked shoulder pads, and told them to start drinking at 7am. Those are the nice fans in the Black Hole. It’s as close to Mad Max as you’ll find in a sports venue."

Pretty much.

and I thought you'd quote this

One would think that a shiny, new $1.3 billion stadium like Levi’s Stadium that’s the greenest stadium in the NFL and the most high-tech stadium in the world would be higher up on this list. And all of the 49ers fans that spent thousands on their SBLs wish it were. Alas, despite excellent Wi-Fi, tasty food (including a $18 crab sandwich), a tap room with 30 varieties of craft beer, full bars (you need liquor if you’re watching the Niners), and scoreboards that rank among the largest in the world, Levi’s still sucks. It’s sterile, soulless, and unlike its foggy namesake, unbearably hot (a fan died from heat-induced heart attack at the first pre-season game in 2014). It’s also a long 45 miles from San Francisco. And the team on the field went from one of the best in the NFL to one of the worst in just two short years. Cue a Jed York shrug. He’s laughing all the way to the bank. 

• Sad 1

"Add in a team that’s going to be a Super Bowl contender for a while, and hopefully the notoriously-apathetic fans of the ATL will start filling the place up. --MM"

Umm. No!

"The team reports a current streak of 69 consecutive sellouts after 38 straight sellouts from 2002 to 2007."

source:  

https://apnews.com/747f95593392406fab3cc94acd066b91/falcons-25-year-stay-georgia-dome-coming-end

Glad to see MBS ranked in the top 5 though.   Seems like Lambeau and Heinz are getting bumped because of the fans more than the stadium itself.  I think it's MBS, Jerry World and then everyone else.  I am sure LA and Vegas will be contenders as well in a few years. 

59 minutes ago, Wasted in the heat said:

"Add in a team that’s going to be a Super Bowl contender for a while, and hopefully the notoriously-apathetic fans of the ATL will start filling the place up. --MM"

Umm. No!

"The team reports a current streak of 69 consecutive sellouts after 38 straight sellouts from 2002 to 2007."

source:  

https://apnews.com/747f95593392406fab3cc94acd066b91/falcons-25-year-stay-georgia-dome-coming-end

Glad to see MBS ranked in the top 5 though.   Seems like Lambeau and Heinz are getting bumped because of the fans more than the stadium itself.  I think it's MBS, Jerry World and then everyone else.  I am sure LA and Vegas will be contenders as well in a few years. 

"Megatron's Butthole" :lol:

• Like 1

apparently the butthole took 90 minutes to open and local tv news weren't allowed to film it (I guess in case it failed)

Zeke Elliot and the Cowboys overrated asses getting taken to the woodshed by Denver. Giants should be embarrassed at how they could get nothing going on offense against such a garbage defense. 

More people attended the Texas vs USC game Saturday night than the Redskins at Rams and Dolphins at Chargers games COMBINED in Los Angeles today. NFL in LA is going to be pure shit. 

• Like 2

The Giants are going to be 0-4 (upcoming road games at Philly and Tampa)  at the beginning of October. McAdoo is clueless, completely clueless on what to do on offense with all of that talent. If he doesnt shuffle the O-line and hand over the playcalling duties (unless and edict comes from management) he may lose his job at the end of the year. 

The Giants also need to look at the prospect of Odell Beckham not wanting to stay with the team when his contract expires. Eli Manning is 36 and the head coach is totally incompetent, and the future at QB past Eli is a total mystery. It could be something that  he doesn't want to be apart of. 

Well, that didn't take along.  Apparently there are already whispers in the halls of NFL boardrooms about moving the Chargers back to San Diego.  I always thought the Chargers move to LA would be temporary and that as soon as SD had a solid plan for a new stadium the Chargers would move back.  I thought it would take more than a single season though.  

http://thebiglead.com/2017/09/21/don-banks-nfl-is-talking-about-forcing-chargers-back-to-san-diego/amp/

usatsi_10293950_153192880_lowres.jpg

8 hours ago, Wasted in the heat said:

Well, that didn't take along.  Apparently there are already whispers in the halls of NFL boardrooms about moving the Chargers back to San Diego.  I always thought the Chargers move to LA would be temporary and that as soon as SD had a solid plan for a new stadium the Chargers would move back.  I thought it would take more than a single season though.  

http://thebiglead.com/2017/09/21/don-banks-nfl-is-talking-about-forcing-chargers-back-to-san-diego/amp/

usatsi_10293950_153192880_lowres.jpg

They can't even sell out a 30,000 seat half stadium. There were probably more Dolphins fans in attendance on Sunday than Charger fans. The Rams are doing bad enough with attendance, the NFL doesnt need another black eye right now. The Chargers will get next to no support in LA, none. Never should have left, but Spanos is a greedy prick. 

• Like 3

We'll slap my ass and cover me in syrup....the Bears actually won a game today and defeated the Steelers in OT. 

Of course, if Marcus Cooper bothered to run into the end zone before showboating, OT might not have been necessary. 

Idiot. 

The Redskins made the Raiders face a big dose of reality. Ouch. 

14 hours ago, Power13 said:

We'll slap my ass and cover me in syrup....the Bears actually won a game today and defeated the Steelers in OT. 

Of course, if Marcus Cooper bothered to run into the end zone before showboating, OT might not have been necessary. 

Idiot. 

I can only bet this dude was one that was kneeling during the anthem! Sorry for dipping in the political arena here, but this is the type of stuff that has started to drag the NFL down.

53 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I can only bet this dude was one that was kneeling during the anthem! Sorry for dipping in the political arena here, but this is the type of stuff that has started to drag the NFL down.

Sorry to disappoint you, but no Bear knelt during the NA yesterday.  They stood as a team, locked arm-in-arm.

36 minutes ago, Power13 said:

Sorry to disappoint you, but no Bear knelt during the NA yesterday.  They stood as a team, locked arm-in-arm.

Thanks, but I'm not disappointed. But this joker is still part of the semi-declining numbers that the NFL has gone though the last two years. Which I believe is the best game in the world.

19 hours ago, Pastor Jeff said:

The Redskins made the Raiders face a big dose of reality. Ouch. 

If Washington is the team bringing you back to earth that's a really big dose of reality.

• Haha 1