Wasted in the heat

Official 2017 NFL Thread

Bears getting PUMMELLED early in the game.....continued beating delayed by lightning. 

Glennon has two turnovers in the first quarter alone (and 5 turnovers total in 2 games plus a quarter). I don't give a fook is Trubisky isn't "ready"...he can't be any worse than this dumpster fire. 

Glennon has never been a good QB....Trubinsky is the real deal...We sure miss him in Chapel Hill.

Glennon is falling far short of my already low expectations...the constant checkdowns and 3 yd dumps  I think I have seen him throw over 10 yards about 5 times all season. 

No one has any idea yet if Trubisky can be a good QB at this level, but FFS you might as well find out now. Glennon gives the Bears absolutely nothing.  Well, except turnovers.....but they could have kept Cutler for that. 

Fucking Jacksonville just done me for a decent line and now the Giants are getting shafted again.

I hate this game.

I dunno....whenever I die, whether it's tomorrow or a long time from now, it'll be YEARS earlier than it should've been because of the New York Football Giants.

You look at Green Bay.

The last, what, 20 years they've been QB'ed by two of the best players that ever stepped on the field..........net result? Two Lombardis.

Pittsburgh?

Consistency....year in year out...two Superbowls when no-one wanted them to win (other than Pittsburgh fans) and a defeat.

New England? OK they've done their thing....I'll give them that,

Indianapolis?

One of the best QBs ever....net result one Lombardi.

Saints?

The same.

Andy Reid/McNabb era Philli?

Consistent play-off team without ever troubling Tiffanys.

New York Giants?

A clusterfuck. Dysfunctional from the GM down, some utter, uttter, utter pish. Mental mad, crazy, roller-coaster of a SNAFU. Yet twice we catch lightning in a bottle and slay the dragon. Today we have been turd, yet 9 55 to go in the third, somehow we're still in it.

27 days shy of a decade ago I saw Eli Manning score a rushing TD in the flesh at Wembley in the pishing rain...today he did the same in Tampa.

Today we might win we might lose....we have an O line that looks like Larry, Mo and Curly are on it. I've no idea how it plays out...I have a feeling we might win, but I've been drinking heavily.

As much as they drive me fucking crazy....I wouldn't trade this crowd for anything.

Wayne Gallman on his debut on his birthday scores the go ahead TD.

I'm off work tomorrow, my wife is visiting the outlaws and am opening another bottle of red....I doubt it'll be the last.

If anyone has an issue with that.....fuck off, I've earned it.

"But some of the lads say they'll be back next week.................".

I will be.

Has any 0-4 team won a Superbowl?

Yeah....well........no 0-2 team wins a Superbowl..................no 9-7 team wins a Superbowl................

Bring it.

At Pittodrie the red flag will fly.

Pittodrie will never say die.

God bless Joey Harper for all that he's done............and thank Mrs Miller for having a son.

At Pittodrie the red flag will fly.

We'll never be mastered by no Weegie bastard .....

Stand Free........wherever you may be.

We are the famous NYG.

We don't give a fuck whoever you may be

Cos we are the famous NYG.

He beats his wife...................he beats his wife......he beats his...................

Elliot beats his wife.............................

30 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Yeah....well........no 0-2 team wins a Superbowl..................no 9-7 team wins a Superbowl................

Bring it.

The Cowboys started 0-2 in 1993 due to the Emmitt Smith holdout and won the Super Bowl quite handily over Buffalo, 30-13. They ended up the regular season 12-4 (and one of the losses was to Miami on the Leon Lett fumble) and clinched the division against the Giants in possibly Emmitt Smith's best game as a pro. He separated his shoulder in the 1st quarter and still gained 168 yards on 32 carries and caught 10 passes for 61 yds and a TD. Again, all that with a separated shoulder.

* I only bring this up because you're a Giants fan. ;)

Just now, Mission Man in AZ said:

The Cowboys started 0-2 in 1993 due to the Emmitt Smith holdout and won the Super Bowl quite handily over Buffalo, 30-13. They ended up the regular season 12-4 (and one of the losses was to Miami on the Leon Lett fumble) and clinched the division against the Giants in possibly Emmitt Smith's best game as a pro. He separated his shoulder in the 1st quarter and still gained 168 yards on 32 carries and caught 10 passes for 61 yds and a TD. Again, all that with a separated shoulder.

Aye.....well.....pre-salary cap days..

Rosters looked different.

I doubt they'll win it without the wife-beater for six games.

Jerry canna buy shit these days.

I'm calling it now.......the Superbowl winner will not come out of the NFC East.

4 minutes ago, Mission Man in AZ said:

* I only bring this up because you're a very drunk Giants fan. ;)

Fixed that for you fella. :D

Anyway....Mikey Droy.....Doug Rougvie...........Charlie Cooke.....thoughts?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

If it's any consolation, the 1976 Steelers were coming off their first two Super Bowl wins and started the season 1-4 with Bradshaw out with an injury. But they reeled off 9 straight wins with the best defense ever (I'm obviously biased) dominating the games (5 shutouts, 2 games 3 points given up, another 6 points) before losing to Oakland in the AFC championship game with their entire starting backfield out with injuries. But then that defense had hall of famers all over the field.  That's the team I consider the greatest ever Steelers team and they didn't win the title.  But never say never, it's not like your division has any dominant team, anybody can get on a roll.

Nope, there was definitely a salary cap. But they got a ton of draft picks from the Vikings in Mike Lynn's worst trade ever and they used them well. Smith, Aikman and Irvin, just to begin.

3 minutes ago, gsquare said:

If it's any consolation, the 1976 Steelers were coming off their first two Super Bowl wins and started the season 1-4 with Bradshaw out with an injury. But they reeled off 9 straight wins with the best defense ever (I'm obviously biased) dominating the games (5 shutouts, 2 games 3 points given up, another 6 points) before losing to Oakland in the AFC championship game with their entire starting backfield out with injuries. But then that defense had hall of famers all over the field.  That's the team I consider the greatest ever Steelers team and they didn't win the title.  But never say never, it's not like your division has any dominant team, anybody can get on a roll.

I wasn't watching the NFL then.....but I've learned my history (know all about the Steel curtain etc.) .

Point I was making was, we're pish and are going nowhere this year.

It's a bit of pisser because, on paper, we're not pish.

But, post 86, supporting the Giants has been a constant mentalness of a roller coaster of crazy.

We've been mental good and mental bad often simultaneously.Even during the mental good periods we've thrown in some mental bad moments (two words..........Flipper Anderson).

During the mental bad periods we've gone ape and done shit.

But of course.......there was Ray Handley.

Ain't changing....................it wouldn't  surprise me if we're picking early doors April........to meet those twin imposters.....................wouldn't surprise me if we went on some mental play off run.

18 minutes ago, Mission Man in AZ said:

Nope, there was definitely a salary cap. But they got a ton of draft picks from the Vikings in Mike Lynn's worst trade ever and they used them well. Smith, Aikman and Irvin, just to begin.

I thought the cap came in 94?

Post cap.................I doubt any of the dynasties could have subsisted in the cap era?

93 Gals....Troy Aikman backed up with Jason Garret (!) and Bernie Kosar.......Emmett......Irvin.....Novacek.....Prime(was he there in 93?).....Lett.........nah, sure that was pre cap.

Anyhoo.........................................this Seattle Indi game is looking tasty.

See this my kind of game.

I like a game here every first down means summat.

I'm glad hockey starts up Thursday and I hope the Yankees end up playing more than one playoff game. 

Who would have thought that the Giants would be 0-4 and the Jets would be 2-2 and looking to probably go 3-2 at Cleveland next week getting ready for a showdown with the Patriots in two weeks?

The Giants are 69-69 in the last 138 games. Outside of 2011 this is looking like a completely lost decade of football and a waste of Eli Manning's career.  This years team starts out games in a sleep walk and then starts to finally try and play. McAdoo has no feel for his play calling and making the right calls in the right situations. Which is why he should hand it off to Sullivan and COACH THE TEAM. They completely blew this game today and the refs didn't help either at the end of the game, just like last week in Philly. Giants force a turnover on downs, then McAdoo proceeds to call one running play to Gallman for 7 yards. Then two pass plays that get NOTHING. The end result a :54 second drive that gave the ball back to the Bucs which they converted to make 22-17. They should have run the ball at will today. Gallman is the best RB on the team. He runs behind his pads and has the shiftiness and strength needed at the position. Perkins is too light in the cakes and too soft. Fluker should be a mainstay on the offensive line. The problem has shifted to the fact that the defense does not tackle well, and they cannot hold onto a lead now. JPP was nowhere to be found today and neither was Vernon before getting hurt again.  What scares me most about the Giants is that Eli is up there in age and won't be the QB forever and Beckham may not want to deal with a future rookie QB's growing pains when they already are not succeeding with a veteran QB.