JustDan

Charlottesville, VA is Being Desecrated Today

The home depot tiki torches were just the right combination of menacing and trailer park.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I find this story deeply upsetting.  The symbolism of taking the march to a college campus is disturbing to me too.  

• Like 3

I was going to post this, but I didn't feel like looking for one of the many threads that addressed how the Trump Presidency was going to let this kind of hate and prejudice loose. 

Remember when rob warrior was questioned about the Nazi sign on his place of work? People will cast desperately about to excuse what they want to excuse. I've seen it too many times since November. Even before that.

Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Is anyone really surprised?

In the good news department:

http://www.okayplayer.com/news/airbnb-cancels-bookings-deletes-accounts-white-supremacist-rally.html

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

The home depot tiki torches were just the right combination of menacing and trailer park.

7 minutes ago, RummagingBedouin said:

20170811_Torch232.JPG

Josh Marshall - They'll remember this night as "The Pressed Polo Shirts of Rage".

They're very brave when they're in a crowd, filled with tawdry hate.

Kinda like Trump, when he has the US arsenal behind him.

49 minutes ago, misadventure said:

I find this story deeply upsetting.  The symbolism of taking the march to a college campus is disturbing to me too.  

It's the only way these cretins could get on the campus.

bushmanj   

I long for the good old days from way back in 2016 and early 2017 when racist Democrats burned their cities and tore up campuses. 

• Like 1

JustDan   
8 minutes ago, bushmanj said:

I long for the good old days from way back in 2016 and early 2017 when racist Democrats burned their cities and tore up campuses. 

To me this has nothing to do with Democrats or Republicans. This has to do with a minority of individuals who embrace ignorance, intolerance and hate. There are good, decent Democrats and Republicans. These motherfuckers are neither. There's no reason to make this political, because it isn't.

• Like 7

bushmanj   
4 minutes ago, JustDan said:

To me this has nothing to do with Democrats or Republicans. This has to do with a minority of individuals who embrace ignorance, intolerance and hate. There are good, decent Democrats and Republicans. These motherfuckers are neither. There's no reason to make this political, because it isn't.

You're a good egg.  My comment was directed at the insanely partisan, TDS-suffering egg who ignores.

• Thanks 1

Well, it is and it isn't.

Political.

How many of those marching do you think are Democrats?

Sometimes you've got to talk turkey.

I never approve of random violence, and I don't care who is marching, Antifa or the KKK. It's just stupid, gratuitous, and oh yeah, illegal. And brutish. And domineering. And dictatorial.

But if someone in power sets up the dynamics for certain people to feel their anger is righteous, they have to accept some responsibility for that.

For the record, President Obama NEVER did that.

judyg   
1 hour ago, bushmanj said:

You're a good egg.  My comment was directed at the insanely partisan, TDS-suffering egg who ignores.

What's TDS?

Kay   
3 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

Pure hilarity.  

Former KKK leader David Duke on rally in Cville.

“This represents a turning point for the people of this country. We are determined to take our country back,” Duke said. “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.”

1 minute ago, RummagingBedouin said:

Former KKK leader David Duke on rally in Cville.

“This represents a turning point for the people of this country. We are determined to take our country back,” Duke said. “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.”

Here's the vid. 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Tom-Joad said:

Truth be told, (if we forget everything he's ever said) he got it right this time:

Not to mention he's yet to condem the most recent mosque bombing. 

• Like 1

Tom-Joad   
1 minute ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Not to mention he's yet to condem the most recent mosque bombing. 

Assigning blame? Maybe... But it wouldn't be expected of any President to take sides. Leave it to the courts if there was anything against the law. Right now, not taking clear sides but clearly taking a stance against "all that hate stands for" is pretty much what you could expect from just about any President.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tom-Joad said:

Truth be told, (if we forget everything he's ever said) he got it right this time:

Yeah. I'm all in a swoon at his moral mouthing of words a handler told him to write. 

I know that many on the left were asking where this kind of statement (or "tweet") was since the march started. I wasn't.

At this point, nothing he writes, says or does can change what he isn't capable of--his limits have been too consistent to question. 

I no longer care what he tweets. Not the outrageous and not the very occasional appropriate remark. It's like applauding him for pooping in the toilet. It's great when a toddler does it, but we expect a bit more from someone over the age of four.

• Like 3