JustDan

Charlottesville, VA is Being Desecrated Today

1 hour ago, Patched Tube said:

Yeah about that.... I want to know why this guys parents and pastor didn't report his radicalization.

Possibly because in their minds he was just troubled and also because he's white. Also, the mentally ill are wrongfully given a pass far too many times until it's too late. Ask Adam Lanza's mother. 

bushmanj   
42 minutes ago, Power13 said:

So a guy on a discussion board is criticizing a guy for participating on a discussion board?  Interesting. 

And I already rode today, thanks.  Was a beautiful day here in Chicago.....

I saw you had trouble with reading comprehension weeks ago when you couldn't process my comment that most of the people who voted didn't vote for Hillary.  I've seen it again a few times since in your endless battles with a few members on this forum.  I saw it with Swamp today and with my post you responded to here.  Don't let your volatile internet anger take over your brain.  It's not pretty. 

bbb   
5 hours ago, 53 Esquire said:

@RummagingBedouin@JudgeBrown@judyg@PrettyRedRose

@Swamps_Of_Jersey

@bbb the idea there is any equivalence is simply false. The Nazi/Conferdates came with torches and amred milita to support white supermancy and provoke a confrontation.  This isn't about the media making a mountian out of a motle hill - this is about evil people trying to insert themselves at teh top of the pyramid.

That was a tweet by a New York Times reporter.  You should probably tell her. 

bushmanj   
1 hour ago, 53 Esquire said:

Todd - there was one time I would have considered you smart and friend; now now I know you are just to disengenuos and and not nearly as smart as I once thought.

Your complete overraction to the Greensboro cancellation though really opend my eyes to how small, petty, and focused only on your own interests as a stright white man you really are.

Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence, was a self-trained scientist and philisopher, our first Secretary of State and the third President of the United States.  He owned slaves as was common at the time; he almost certainly sexually assaulted female slaves.  His legacy is sullied, but not defined by his slave ownership.  Monticello (and Mount Vernon) are historical sihgts that exist to expalin, not vernerate history.  Both places go into detailed discussions of the history of slavey on them as slave plantations.

Robert E. Lee was a middleing general who would have been just another General Officer on the historical rosters of the U.S. Army  until he chose to  violate his oath to protect and defend the Constiiution and lead an Army in Rebellion against the U.S. Governement and the Constiution; the raison d'etere for secession was soley over the issue of slavery, human bondage, the ecoomic engine of the South. His history is defined by that.

Moreover, one has to look at the history of monuments to Confederate leaders themselves.  They were installed largely around the time Jim Crow laws were being institued to ensure black people remained second class citizens; the purpose of these monuments and memorials was inteneded to celebrate the history of men who fought to ensure a large part of the citizens were kept "in their place."

The purposes of places like Monticello, and it's presentation  versus monuments to Confederate Generals are completely different.

Finally you, as a North Carlolinian, if you want any credibility as being opposed to the torch bearers and militias acting like they were patrolling Falluja, should be particualary cautious.  You live in a state that has spent the last few years specifically tyring to ensure they underepresented have been kept "in their place" with the so called "bathroom bill not even being the most egregious.  Your mostly white, male, legistlature sent specific questions to the registrar of votes and asked for a detailed list of things that made acquiring ID and voting the most difficult for minorities, particualary the elderly and the passed a bill ensuring the those difficulties were enshrined into statue with a Federal judge commenting on the surgicial precision with which those rules were implemented to make it even more difficult for them to vote.

Of course there was the completely undemcratic action of the North Carolina legisture and the lame-duck governor to restrcit the power and authority of the incoming governor who had just been elected by the people of North Carolina.

No one wants to erase the history, we just want it in proper context - the Confederacy was treason in the name of slavery and deserves not to me meorialized or made a monumnet too.

I'm smart enough to decipher your horrendous spelling.

I'm also quite confident my "complete overreaction" to Bruce bagging Greensboro is a legitimate position to take.  I said he was a rude asshole to do it a couple of days before the concert. If that puts me out on a crazy limb, I'll gladly "dangul" out there alone.

As for your other NC comments, I'll ignore them. 

Finally...regarding Jefferson and Monticello...duh.  lol

bbb   
6 hours ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

Selective memory I see. Forget about Berkeley? Oops. 

Berkeley gonna Berkeley

Swamps_Of_Jersey replied to JudgeBrown's topic in The Underworld

...so why isn't the ACLU condemning ANTIFA for shutting down free speech?

I knew you had mentioned Antifa.  I haven't read this whole thread yet.  Was there an admittance of being wrong?

19 hours ago, bbb said:

You are missing something:

You seem to be conflating those who are against neonaziism and the KKK with black nationalism.  Even if we pretend, as you seem to want to, that the only counter protesters at the scene were members of antifa, I still don't think it's accurate to conflate them with black nationalism.  Unless you are more interested in smearing those who took a stand yesterday against fascism than you are in smearing the fascists.  And to my amazement (because I'm basically a Polyanna who believes most people are decent--especially people I know, even if only know them on Greasy Lake) that's what you certainly seem to be interested in doing.

Charlottesville is about intolerance and disrespect.  Same reasons I am locking this thread. The mods will consider unlocking later.  

1 hour ago, JoanFontaine said:

Charlottesville is about intolerance and disrespect.  Same reasons I am locking this thread. The mods will consider unlocking later.  

Probably not - everyone go play with your kids, get some fresh air, talk to someone else for a while

This isn't our community at it's finest, not even close

Thanks to JoanFontaine for shutting this one down