Sign in to follow this  
Highway is alive tonight

The Official Aston Villa Thread

Did Trish Cameron not reckon he was a Villa fan and then get them mixed up with West Ham?

26 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Did Trish Cameron not reckon he was a Villa fan and then get them mixed up with West Ham?

Correct.

I'll tell you, I saw yer man William on the news. He looked kosher, looked like he was emotionally invested.

Well done to Villa...a great club who should always be in the top league.

Delighted for Hibs legend Super John McGinn..and great to see him scoring the winner.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Delighted for Hibs legend Super John McGinn..and great to see him scoring the winner.

McGinn had a great game, I lost count of the amount of times he went into tackles with 2,3 & sometimes 4 Derby players around him and he still came away with the ball at his feet, must be 1st name on the teamsheet every week.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Mebbe Derby should've picked up Shinnie earlier, cos he usually had McGinn in his hipper up here.

6 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

McGinn had a great game, I lost count of the amount of times he went into tackles with 2,3 & sometimes 4 Derby players around him and he still came away with the ball at his feet, must be 1st name on the teamsheet every week.

The last time I saw McGinn play for Hibs  (0-0 at the Pitt tail end of last season) I noticed a big change in him physically, he was ripped. His strip looked like a base layer on him.

I reckon you need that in the English second division, there's some monsters down there.

Mind you, there's nae many slight of build fellas in the top league either.

13 hours ago, Ian Price said:

The highest compliment I can pay to John McGinn is that he reminds me of Alex Cropley.

That is indeed a compliment sir....Crops was one of my heroes when I was a laddie. Nice guy he is as well. Lives quite near my dad.

14 hours ago, Ian Price said:

The highest compliment I can pay to John McGinn is that he reminds me of Alex Cropley.

38 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

That is indeed a compliment sir....Crops was one of my heroes when I was a laddie. Nice guy he is as well. Lives quite near my dad.

Cropley was a hero to me and to my dad, and to every Villa fan lucky enough to see him play.  He was as brave as could be, and despite his slender frame could more than hold his own in the tackle against any of the properly hard men who were around in the 70s.  One of my worst memories as a Villa fan was seeing Alex Cropley suffer the broken leg that effectively ended his career, the victim of a cowardly tackle from behind in a derby game v West Brom, in the 1977/78 season. 

• Like 1

Well done to Villa, glad they made it, Grealish really impressed me this year, bit of a poseur but after he took a smack in the gob he showed real character to score the winner against the old foe. My Wolves pals are not happy with the situation but not being Wolves born and bred I am a littel more forgiving and I wish them the best of luck!

Dont rate Tammy Abraham though.

13 hours ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Well done to Villa, glad they made it, Grealish really impressed me this year, bit of a poseur but after he took a smack in the gob he showed real character to score the winner against the old foe. My Wolves pals are not happy with the situation but not being Wolves born and bred I am a littel more forgiving and I wish them the best of luck!

Dont rate Tammy Abraham though.

I must admit, there was a time - quite a long time actually - when I didn't think that Grealish would grow into the player he now has.  Though I do think there is still room for improvement, I hope the challenge of playing in the premier league will bring out even more of his potential.

Tammy Abraham - I agree.  His touch is woeful, and though we aren't exactly blessed with strikers at the club I wouldn't wish for us to sign him permanently.

As for Wolves, it's good to see how well they are doing and certainly they are way ahead currently of where Villa need to get to.  However, I don't really understand why their fans have developed such a dislike of Villa in the last couple years. It all seems slightly contrived, as if they have just become a bit bored with the traditional Wolves-Albion rivalry.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ian Price said:

Tammy Abraham - I agree.  His touch is woeful, and though we aren't exactly blessed with strikers at the club I wouldn't wish for us to sign him permanently.

As for Wolves, it's good to see how well they are doing and certainly they are way ahead currently of where Villa need to get to.  However, I don't really understand why their fans have developed such a dislike of Villa in the last couple years. It all seems slightly contrived, as if they have just become a bit bored with the traditional Wolves-Albion rivalry.

I think its a black country thing.... first and foremost they want to be the best in the black country and then as top of the bc they eye the west midlands, so throw in the Blues and Villa, they hate them , but then certain Wolves fans hate everyone within 30 miles so throw Stoke, Shrewsbury, coventry even Forest into that!!!! Dont get it, I can understand rivalries but the hatred is beyond me, I personally dont hate the albion, beyond wanting to beat them.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:58 PM, Royston Vasey said:

This Dean Smith / JT (captain, leader, legend) combo is literally going to end in tears.

The club have made a major schoolboy error.

Can you honestly imagine JT remaining as a Number Two for any length of time before his Alpha male silverback gorilla persona can’t take it any more, and he starts manoeuvring for Smith’s job.

Memories of South Africa 2010 when he caused all sorts of ruptions in the camp.

Make no mistake it will kick off big time in the Villa changing room and training ground probably by Xmas.

John Terry now signed up as Assistant Head Coach to 2021.

Villa have made a great start to the season I see.

Capture.JPG

• Sad 1