Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

The Official Aston Villa Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll like this Ann. WBA fans were heard singing this to the tune of The Beautiful South's Rotterdam "They've been to Rotherham and everywhere Liverpool and Rome Now they're throwing ca

An absolute disgrace last night, an offside goal and a very, very dubious dodgy penalty once again favouring the "top six" team...whatever the manager gets fined I am sure he will see it as money well

McGinn had a great game, I lost count of the amount of times he went into tackles with 2,3 & sometimes 4 Derby players around him and he still came away with the ball at his feet, must be 1st name

Posted Images

Well done to Villa...a great club who should always be in the top league.

Delighted for Hibs legend Super John McGinn..and great to see him scoring the winner.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Well done to Villa...a great club who should always be in the top league.

Delighted for Hibs legend Super John McGinn..and great to see him scoring the winner.

McGinn had a great game, I lost count of the amount of times he went into tackles with 2,3 & sometimes 4 Derby players around him and he still came away with the ball at his feet, must be 1st name on the teamsheet every week.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Well done to Villa...a great club who should always be in the top league.

Delighted for Hibs legend Super John McGinn..and great to see him scoring the winner.

Mebbe Derby should've picked up Shinnie earlier, cos he usually had McGinn in his hipper up here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

McGinn had a great game, I lost count of the amount of times he went into tackles with 2,3 & sometimes 4 Derby players around him and he still came away with the ball at his feet, must be 1st name on the teamsheet every week.

The last time I saw McGinn play for Hibs  (0-0 at the Pitt tail end of last season) I noticed a big change in him physically, he was ripped. His strip looked like a base layer on him.

I reckon you need that in the English second division, there's some monsters down there.

Mind you, there's nae many slight of build fellas in the top league either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ian Price said:

The highest compliment I can pay to John McGinn is that he reminds me of Alex Cropley.

That is indeed a compliment sir....Crops was one of my heroes when I was a laddie. Nice guy he is as well. Lives quite near my dad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ian Price said:

The highest compliment I can pay to John McGinn is that he reminds me of Alex Cropley.

 

38 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

That is indeed a compliment sir....Crops was one of my heroes when I was a laddie. Nice guy he is as well. Lives quite near my dad.

Cropley was a hero to me and to my dad, and to every Villa fan lucky enough to see him play.  He was as brave as could be, and despite his slender frame could more than hold his own in the tackle against any of the properly hard men who were around in the 70s.  One of my worst memories as a Villa fan was seeing Alex Cropley suffer the broken leg that effectively ended his career, the victim of a cowardly tackle from behind in a derby game v West Brom, in the 1977/78 season. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done to Villa, glad they made it, Grealish really impressed me this year, bit of a poseur but after he took a smack in the gob he showed real character to score the winner against the old foe. My Wolves pals are not happy with the situation but not being Wolves born and bred I am a littel more forgiving and I wish them the best of luck!

 

Dont rate Tammy Abraham though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Well done to Villa, glad they made it, Grealish really impressed me this year, bit of a poseur but after he took a smack in the gob he showed real character to score the winner against the old foe. My Wolves pals are not happy with the situation but not being Wolves born and bred I am a littel more forgiving and I wish them the best of luck!

 

Dont rate Tammy Abraham though.

I must admit, there was a time - quite a long time actually - when I didn't think that Grealish would grow into the player he now has.  Though I do think there is still room for improvement, I hope the challenge of playing in the premier league will bring out even more of his potential.

Tammy Abraham - I agree.  His touch is woeful, and though we aren't exactly blessed with strikers at the club I wouldn't wish for us to sign him permanently.

As for Wolves, it's good to see how well they are doing and certainly they are way ahead currently of where Villa need to get to.  However, I don't really understand why their fans have developed such a dislike of Villa in the last couple years. It all seems slightly contrived, as if they have just become a bit bored with the traditional Wolves-Albion rivalry.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ian Price said:

Tammy Abraham - I agree.  His touch is woeful, and though we aren't exactly blessed with strikers at the club I wouldn't wish for us to sign him permanently.

As for Wolves, it's good to see how well they are doing and certainly they are way ahead currently of where Villa need to get to.  However, I don't really understand why their fans have developed such a dislike of Villa in the last couple years. It all seems slightly contrived, as if they have just become a bit bored with the traditional Wolves-Albion rivalry.

I think its a black country thing.... first and foremost they want to be the best in the black country and then as top of the bc they eye the west midlands, so throw in the Blues and Villa, they hate them , but then certain Wolves fans hate everyone within 30 miles so throw Stoke, Shrewsbury, coventry even Forest into that!!!! Dont get it, I can understand rivalries but the hatred is beyond me, I personally dont hate the albion, beyond wanting to beat them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:58 PM, Royston Vasey said:

This Dean Smith / JT (captain, leader, legend) combo is literally going to end in tears.

The club have made a major schoolboy error.

Can you honestly imagine JT remaining as a Number Two for any length of time before his Alpha male silverback gorilla persona can’t take it any more, and he starts manoeuvring for Smith’s job.

Memories of South Africa 2010 when he caused all sorts of ruptions in the camp.

Make no mistake it will kick off big time in the Villa changing room and training ground probably by Xmas.

John Terry now signed up as Assistant Head Coach to 2021.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Not out there on his own among 'professional' footballers, he's not the sharpest tack in the box, is our Jack.

If I knew how to do it I'd post up the photo of him taken at the scene of said accident, which shows him wearing a slider on one foot and a ladies' fur slipper on the other.  In Solihull, for goodness sake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ian Price said:

That's the one.  I don't know how the fella who is with him ended up with one slider under his arm, but that in turn begs the question, what happened to the other ladies slipper?

:lol::lol::lol:

I think maybe he's been hanging with our Jerseyfornia and Kay! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AMIW said:

jack grealish is an idiot

ignores lockdown to go visit a friend AND gets in a car accident

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/30/jack-grealish-apologises-for-stupidly-ignoring-lockdown-to-visit-friend-aston-villa

A fine example :angry:

Should go to jail or at least a court date

 

 i just popped in too see what on earth you all might have had to talk about right now 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 months later...

Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish has committed his future to the club by signing a new five-year deal.

The 25-year-old was in demand with several clubs this summer, including Manchester United and Arsenal, after enjoying an excellent breakthrough season in the Premier League in which he scored eight goals to secure Villa's top-flight status.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarknessandHope said:

Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish has committed his future to the club by signing a new five-year deal.

The 25-year-old was in demand with several clubs this summer, including Manchester United and Arsenal, after enjoying an excellent breakthrough season in the Premier League in which he scored eight goals to secure Villa's top-flight status.

United are not interested in anybody....an agent makes a call to Ole, Ole takes it to the board, and the the board tell him where to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...