Greasy Lake Community

Is anyone else surprised there hasn't been 1 tape yet?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, riverdude2 said:

Very decent recording. Some of the dialogue is a little faint, songs sound great though.

Where would one go to hear this, if I may ask?

3 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

Ah. Okay thanks. I've tried before to register there with no luck. Might be a location thing.

Shouldn't be, they have users worldwide. Give it another go, it's a fairly small D/L at 541 mb.

3 minutes ago, ThePhisherman said:

And now we have two. The seal has been cracked and here comes the flood. Oct 5 released this morning.

The guy who can't access Jungleland......PM me an email addy. I'll send it to you. (SteveJHB)??

Thanks mate, I'm sorted, but much appreciated none the less. :)

I found out about the 5/10/17 show being available around 2ish, so I listened to it on my way to, and from, the match.

Some thoughts.

The first thing you hear is, "recording is prohibited", which made me feel that the fact this recording exists, and that in listening to it myself, were really shitty.

But I listened up to the end of Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out because I apparently don't have morals.

As mentioned in the thread, the recording is quite good for what it is, it can get really quiet, but all in all, it's very listenable. 

Without 'spoiling' the show for those who haven't listened, it's funny, interested, and please, let me know if you also become overwhelmed with 'feels' during Tenth Ave. 

My reoccurring thought whilst listening has been, I still can't really justify anything over $250 for a ticket to anything. However, I believe those who have spent that money will leave the show thinking whatever they've paid is money well spent. 

Oh, and Born in the USA sounds great too. 

5 hours ago, Eileen said:

Never mind the songs - I've just seen the one showing his 'builder's bum' - no wonder the bloke chuckled. :)

:D:D Exactly what I thought, Eileen! I've been thinking 'builder's bum' all day (I only watched it once though!).

On 10/14/2017 at 9:35 AM, davemunday said:

Brilliant! Will download when I get home! Stuck on the train when I saw the tape was out!

Thanks Dave for sharing the link - I still can't get my head round Jungleland for whatever reason (I need to sit down and work it out properly I think haha)

10 minutes ago, mad man with a box said:

Thanks Dave for sharing the link - I still can't get my head round Jungleland for whatever reason (I need to sit down and work it out properly I think haha)

I managed it yesterday for the first time. Talk about a freakin' rabbithole. Sheesh.

Archived