wolfinthepines

SOB on until June?

I wonder when he'll have a sick day?

This is starting to resemble 5 days a week loading crates down on the dock 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kay said:

What?  Why on earth would you be done?  Coz it doesn't suit you?  

23 minutes ago, Kay said:

Or maybe his heart just ain't into doing anything else right now.  He's been on tour with E Street so much in the last few years, if it's not where he's at, it's not where he's at.  Seems so bloody simple to me.  And why would anyone have a problem with that

I don't have a fucking problem with that, so please get off your soapbox and don't presume to speak down to me on how I feel about it. I have a right to my feelings as you do yours. He doesn't seem to want to continue to put out new music and what he has put out in last 10-14 years has done nothing for me. The Rising was the last thing that spoke to me musically. I'm fucking sorry that I'm no longer a loyal fan or someone who will cheer at everything he does including the toilet tissue he uses to wipe his ass with. I will always treasure the music I grew to love for two decades and 100s of performances I've been lucky enough to see. Just as much as I have no right to judge yours or anyone else's level of fandom or appreciation, neither do you, so please spare me your righteous indignation. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Thosisd said:

Anyone else feel like there's something not being told here?

A long residency, close to home/family and seemingly stepping away from "playing" the Bruce Springsteen character to show the magic/reality behind it. Add this to the confusing River tour and emotional closures to shows. E Street active and pursuing personal careers to a larger extent than they have in years...

Is Bruce not well?

Maybe it's not so extreme. Maybe he's been reminded of his mortality and is focusing on closing this chapter of his life on his terms and shifting focus to family.

It wasn't long ago I heard him say "A creative life...or an imagined life isn't a real life. It's just a story" (or something like that).

Whatever the thought process behind this decision was - I cannot wait to experience this show.

His mum has dementia/ Alzheimer's 

Maybe he just wants to be close to home while she still knows who he is 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JustDan said:

I'm fucking sorry that I'm no longer a loyal fan or someone who will cheer at everything he does including the toilet tissue he uses to wipe his ass with. 

Also, you don't have to be sorry for no longer being a fan, I couldn't care less.  What I challenged you on was your comment that if this rumor is true, you're done.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

His mum has dementia/ Alzheimer's 

Maybe he just wants to be close to home while she still knows who he is 

I was thinking that Daisey.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Thosisd said:

Is Bruce not well?

I've asked myself this recently as well.

I've had this notion the last fews days as well that what with the mental illness that runs through his family and with his mam's dementia, the reflective River tour, the reflective Broadway shows and the book are simply preparative just in case something happens.

His stories, his thoughts, are documented for him, his family, friends, just in case in however many years he, as morbid as it sounds, can't recall them anymore.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I've asked myself this recently as well.

I've had this notion the last fews days as well that what with the mental illness that runs through his family and with his mam's dementia, the reflective River tour, the reflective Broadway shows and the book are simply preparative just in case something happens.

His stories, his thoughts, are documented for him, his family, friends, just in case in however many years he, as morbid as it sounds, can't recall them anymore.

Oh god. This has terrified me. Even the thought breaks my heart. 

More seriously, Bruce seems to care a lot about this project. No  problem if he wants to extend it.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

Oh god. This has terrified me. Even the thought breaks my heart. 

If something happens, it happens. There's nothing we can do about it. 

Can't be spending time worrying about the future, we all just have to enjoy the 'now'.

• Like 2

I'll get off the boat temporarily.  I can always climb back on when he does something that interests me, but this SOB thing just seems like purely a vanity project. Not saying I wouldn't go if tickets magically fell into my lap, but its definitely not something I would go very far out of my way to see. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

If something happens, it happens. There's nothing we can do about it. 

Can't be spending time worrying about the future, we all just have to enjoy the 'now'.

I know, which is why I try my best to take every opportunity that comes in regards to Bruce. But the fear will never go away, and it's my fault really, for being so dependent. 

2 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

No new music for a while, but $2 Million a week for his family.

He's gotta pay for those crazy outfits he wears somehow.

• Haha 4

I've always looked at this as a form of closure, for Bruce and for us. 

We know he hasn't written songs in five years. We know his back is shot - rumours of past surgery are out there.

If he does go on the road with a greatest hits, or BITUSA, for example, set, then I'll be skipping that. I feel the same way about a solo acoustic tour of old songs. Wrecking Ball was timely, had great hits, he had something to say and I wanted to hear. I really enjoyed The River tour when it was The River: it was old but many of the songs had been played rarely and lyrically were great. When he switched it to a greatest hits set in Europe: I lost interest. I went, from Barcelona to Zurich, but only Paris II was special. I was looking at my watch a lot in Zurich.

I look at Broadway as a chance to say good bye. Perhaps I'm wrong - heck I'd love to hear some of the High Hopes songs that only the Aussies and Kiwis got - but it's good to have that chance in a small theater in this way. I wish Bruce all the best, but I think we all need to realise that the last American swing had all those incredible songs from the first two albums for a reason, the same reason he was going four hours a night: good chance he won't be coming that way again.

I hope I'm wrong. Not sure even he knows. Until then...

How do I get Harry's Place in the Broadway set? Failing that, I'll take Maria's Bed. Must be stories behind those two songs. I'll always be a fan, but I can't justify spending more money or time on the same old same old. Who knows?: How About Bruce on Broadway: The Sequel. Little known songs from his past. 

That I'd go to.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BillyB said:

He's gotta pay for those crazy outfits he wears somehow.

Yeah, coz he wouldn't be wearing them before Broadway.  

6 minutes ago, Turkued said:

We know his back is shot - rumours of past surgery are out there.

I saw the tour after the back rumors, he was moving great.  But what calvo said earlier concerns me about him not moving so well again.  

But he is 68 so there's that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kay said:

Yeah, coz he wouldn't be wearing them before Broadway.  

Word I'm getting is that the pre-Broadway jeans were catalog ordered Wranglers and cost $30 bucks.  The shirts as well.  But he always sprung for big bucks on the boots....gotta take care of the feet when you're a performer...that's for sure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kay said:

I saw the tour after the back rumors, he was moving great.  But what calvo said earlier concerns me about him not moving so well again.  

But he is 68 so there's that. 

I've seen a few videos of him exiting the Kerr - he's walking very funny. Who knows? Just wishing him the best and hope he's not in too much pain. I don't need to know the details, I just hope he takes care of himself. This Broadway schedule is a bit OTT for someone his age, regardless of condition.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kay said:

Really hope you've got some other employment than simply comedy, Billy.  

Ouch.

Now I know why Dan got so upset.

:blink:

He does an extended tour of mostly reading pre told stories off a promoter, mixed in with songs no younger than about 12 years of age and some of his fan base assume he's on deaths door or suicidal.

Quantum leaps and all.

• Like 1