wolfinthepines

SOB on until June?

7 minutes ago, BillyB said:

Exactly...now you got it.

Fake news becomes fake foot. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2017 at 10:56 AM, Kay said:

I get people not being that happy if they want him on the road for their purposes, but has anyone here read his book?  That he gets his bad bouts of depression not on stage?  He's 68, can't physically handle the toll of the road much longer I'm sure, and maybe he's simply having a helluva time up there?  

Holy fuck we just lose Tom Petty, Gord Downie, etc., etc. and people are so mad the way Bruce wants to present his art that they're claiming to get off the boat.  You can't make this shit up. 

Amen Kay. 

1 hour ago, C4G said:

Frankly, statements like this -

"If this is true, I will give some serious thought to being done with Springsteen. I've been a loyal fan for 42 years. Maybe that's enough"

- make me think he's made the right choice.

aww.......Now give us a kiss, eh Waldo?

puckering-up-lips-picture-id182878192?k=

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BillyB said:

.  The set list would be never be the same and the crowds will go wild, especially when we are filming the concert movie that I myself will direct.

B)

Can I be a main actress?

11 minutes ago, the calvary said:

Maybe Its Blackfoot.

Blackfoot_siogo.jpg

blackfoot-strikes-264276.jpg

11 hours ago, Silvia said:

When it was announced, I considered it to be just a few months project. I wasn't even tempted to try for the tickets. It was too much hassle and quite a sum, considering I would have to travel to NY from Europe.
I thought about the show as a continuum of his retrospective acts, and I hoped he would get "back on track" eventually, and a new record would follow this period of self-observance. 
Now I don't see it happening anymore. I no longer perceive it as a temporary project, it seems more and more like his way of saying goodbye and thank you. The extension, if true, perhaps just means that he would like to be there for us long enough so that everybody who wants to, could come and say goodbye in person.
So maybe I should go? Grab my suitcase and my ticket? Will I regret not going in the future? 

I love Bruce, and I respect him greatly, and I suck at goodbyes. But I do understand that no matter how unpleasant, some things have more significant meaning and demand closure.  Like visiting a dying friend in the hospital. 

You've captured my thoughts, mostly, as well.

Go. Maybe we're both wrong but if this is sort of a good bye, I'd like to say it back. Along with 'thank you'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, the calvary said:

Precisely.  

I was worried for a second there that we wuz having some sort of language barrier issue.

I'm glad you got it sorted.

55 minutes ago, Kay said:

Can I be a main actress?

All Lakers will be invited to partake in the mega final scene....

......close up of Bruce's fingers deftly moving up the wailing Fender guitar....we pan around the stage....Max is pounding the drums, Roy is playing some wild-assed Rock and Roll boogie woogie piano....Gary stands stoically as he hammers away on his bass....Charlie fills out the rocking sound playing the organ....Jake is flat out rocking on saxophone....Steve and Nils are trading off on some hot guitar licks....the camera pulls further back and swings slowly around to capture the view of the delirious crowd in front of the stage....there they are, The Greasy Lakers....dancing their collective asses off.....the camera continues to slowly move around...the Band....Bruce...the crowd....the spectacle that is Rock and Roll......slow fade to black as the music continues.....credits roll....

....that's a wrap!

You're all also invited to my Oscar Party.  B)

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, 65pacecar said:

Maybe Its Blackfoot.

Blackfoot_siogo.jpg

blackfoot-strikes-264276.jpg

#blackfootmatter

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BillyB said:

You're all also invited to my Oscar Party.  B)

Free booze I hope.

And the bong topped and tipped.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kay said:

image.png

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kay said:

Six bones for a bottle of water?  Highway robbery.  

It's not just the bong I'll be sequestering. 

3 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Here we go again, with everyone trying to figure out Bruce's life.  He's going to do what he wants to do, when he wants to do it and as long as he wants to.  We are not a part of his life so none of us have any say in his life.  We don't know what goes on behind the scenes and we never will.  We don't know to what degree his mom has dementia, we don't know if Bruce has back issues, we don't know if he has writers block, we don't know if he is doing these shows because it's his swan song.  Maybe it's because he loves the adulation, maybe it's because he loves the money.  As much as we all, including me, like to have a say in what Bruce does, we don't and we never will.  We are just fans and not his personal friends.  We all need to remember this.

Just get that Broadway ticket girl !!

That's what's important !

You gotta go to enjoy it for the both of us

And if you have a spair ticket please get it for Rosie 

3 hours ago, C4G said:

Here's a thought.........and it might not be a popular one, but - maybe he's just sick of seeing the same old faces down the front at every show? Maybe it's his way of saying "You're not special"?

Face it, there are "fans" leaving shows early so they can go and queue for a wristband at the next show. WTF is all that about? Maybe he's fed up of all the kitsch he's created around the idiocy of the Sunny Day kids or the DITD nonsense? Maybe he's just fed up of playing shit stadiums. with shit sound and in shit weather when he can be a lot more up close 'n' personal with lots of different people?

Whatever  his reasons, good on him!

Frankly, statements like this -

"If this is true, I will give some serious thought to being done with Springsteen. I've been a loyal fan for 42 years. Maybe that's enough"

- make me think he's made the right choice.

I was right up front and he didn't even look at me - guess I'm.not Italian enough 

3 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Personally I'd take solo, small intimate - just not this "storyteller" caper.

Or small band indoor. Or Sessions.

No real interest in another E Street stadium. 

If you are vibes you have not been lulinh nearly enough of my posts :lol:

Jez  this thread went 4 pages while I was asleep dreaming about revolution and overthrowing the government 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Silvia said:

When it was announced, I considered it to be just a few months project. I wasn't even tempted to try for the tickets. It was too much hassle and quite a sum, considering I would have to travel to NY from Europe.
I thought about the show as a continuum of his retrospective acts, and I hoped he would get "back on track" eventually, and a new record would follow this period of self-observance. 
Now I don't see it happening anymore. I no longer perceive it as a temporary project, it seems more and more like his way of saying goodbye and thank you. The extension, if true, perhaps just means that he would like to be there for us long enough so that everybody who wants to, could come and say goodbye in person.
So maybe I should go? Grab my suitcase and my ticket? Will I regret not going in the future? 

I love Bruce, and I respect him greatly, and I suck at goodbyes. But I do understand that no matter how unpleasant, some things have more significant meaning and demand closure.  Like visiting a dying friend in the hospital. 

The only shows that you regret are the ones that you could have gone to but didn't.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kay said:

I know you've got yer personal preference, but what would you like E Street to trot out if they go back on the road in such a short time?  

He shouldn't extend the SOB past what it is now.  He should do a 40th anniversary of the Darkness tour.  Play the same cities on the same dates, same venues if possible, and play the same setlists.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, burghfan said:

He shouldn't extend the SOB past what it is now.  He should do a 40th anniversary of the Darkness tour.  Play the same cities on the same dates, same venues if possible, and play the same setlists.

I pledge the first $200 to rebuild the winteeland arena 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Kay said:

Free booze I hope.

Free booze for sure....the bong thing...maybe for the after party.

4 hours ago, JustDan said:

image.png

I like that old Bobcat Goldwaithe live show where he said he doesn't do drugs but when Nancy Reagan says Just say no it makes him want to shoot up in the street.

The whole fucking War on Drugs can go to fucking hell.

2 hours ago, burghfan said:

OK, I'll pass him a note come January.  

Any other instructions to add?