micktonerdeaf

Little Steven and DoS - London and other venues

10 hours ago, -Sussudio- said:

During the E Street show in London with Paul McCartney Bruce says something along the lines of "we've been waiting fifty years for this". Here you can see the fifty year wait all in Stevie's face. Contagious smile, I'm beaming.

Contagious indeed. I’m not sure I have ever seen Bruce grinning on stage as much as during that bit of the show, and Steve looks just as happy.

Looking forward to hearing about the Leeds show - I'm counting on you, Pauline. ;)

I reckon we'll get 'We've gotta get out of this place'.

Eric and The Animals are from Newcastle ... so maybe not??

Ricky Wilson from the Kaiser Chiefs was reportedly "fucked off" in 2013 when Bruce got to play an opening gig at the Leeds Arena.  He thought it should have been the local Chiefs.  Maybe a reconciliation guest spot for Ricky ... An apology from Steve ... Or maybe the pain was too deep to heal.

9 hours ago, Eileen said:

Looking forward to hearing about the Leeds show - I'm counting on you, Pauline. ;)

I reckon we'll get 'We've gotta get out of this place'.

I predict a riot

• Haha 1

I meant for Newcastle. :D

Hahaha - it wouldn't go down well elsewhere.

Oh, I get it ... they're from Leeds. I get there ... eventually.

The could do a Who song - Southside did that when he was in Leeds - 'Live in Leeds'.

Here we go Eileen. This is my interpretation of the set list cos I only know about 3 songs so you might have to work a few out. I got summit down for all of them though. Show started at  8.25 and finished at 10.55. No special guest and pretty much the same set as London save a different Beatles song.

Tom Petty song 
Call me when yr ready soul summit
Desperate times n hungry eyes im going back
No politics
Blues is my business etta james
Bye bye baby - shoop shoop song - ssj  song
Until the good is gone
Angel eyes
Some days just dont change
Last lover standin
standing in the line of fire
Heavy metal bit - insaw the light
Temporary sanctuary 
The city weeps tonight
Down and out in NYCity
Princess of Little Italy
Solidarity 
Say pray song
And the river opens for the righteous
It doesnt have to be sohard on you
Rock the night away
Bitter fruit
Love me forever
Its yer birthday for Maureen
I dont wanna go.home
Out of the darknes

• Thanks 1

Thank you - I waited up. :)

Did you enjoy it?

Hahaha - love it! Bye bye baby - love on the wrong side of town. I hope he keeps it like that - great songs in there.

• Like 1

Loved every minute.  Sound was better than London and had a better spot too. Band are really enjoying themselves.  Great night. Fab to see a few Lakers too. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BossSpice said:

save a different Beatles song.

Without Macca.

2 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Without Macca.

well Rachel wasn't there so why would he attend???

• Haha 2

My first time seeing Stevie last night and a great show. Sound was loud but not too loud, although pity Steve's vocals were buried in the mix. I was with friends who don't know his songs so they struggled a bit. Band were great, several of the horn section are of course familiar faces, and the backing singers didn't stop dancing all night, wish I had their energy levels (and moves)!

Highlights for me were Love on the Wrong Side of Town, Princess of Little Italy, I am a Patriot, Blues is my Business and of course I Don't Wanna go Home. Great to see Steve doing this himself after seeing Southside sing it live a couple of times. Birthday song was for Maureen vZ.

Seemed like a full house pretty much (?).

great photos Born to Walk, better than my attempts with too many heads in the way. You must have been up in the balcony. I loved the lighting colours although Steve didn't seem to have a spotlight on him a lot of the time? 

Nice to meet CrustyOldMan again. BossSpice was that you with MrsCrusty, dancing like crazy ? :lol:

• Like 3

Those muddy vocals spoilt it for me...and what's with the lighting on Stevie ? You couldn't see his face for a lot of the show. I preferred the Manchester show personally, I just couldn't get into this.

Great to see a few Lakers there as usual.

BossSpice wasn't stood with us for long Sally so I presume it was our mate Catherine you saw dancing

• Like 1

We moved down the front once the show started for a better view so sadly missed out dancing with the better Pauline. Lovely to see you all though, albeit briefly. 

As I was starting to post here, I saw the thread on the Bruce Spruce T-shirt ... Can't think of a Christmas tree that rhymes with Steve.  "Nordmann Steve" best I can do for a Steve shirt, thinking of Lilyhammer ...

I confessed to being a Steve-come-lately fan at the start of the thread.  Like many I think as regards his four/five Disciples albums.  The only record I had of his was a 12 inch Sun City.  I finally got Men Without Women and Voice Of America CDs on Wednesday about 10 days after ordering and have begun to listen.  My crash course learning for the Roundhouse gig was done via YouTube and a lot of live clips.

I'm only 35 years late to the party regarding the 1982 album!  35 years.  Better late than never.  Princess Of Little Italy - some number.  But for younger fans who wonder how I or others could have missed him, it's not that hard to fathom.  Back then if you saw an E Street live show (1981 for me) it was all about Bruce and then it was Clarence.  Pre-internet and MTV etc, you got to hear about new stuff via word-of-mouth, a couple of music papers including Melody Maker, occasional radio shows (John Peel maybe) and appearances on the odd TV programme (OGWT).  There was so much less opportunity than in the Everything Now age. Apart from Bruce I already followed Peter Gabriel, Elvis Costello, Ry Cooder, Dire Straits, Paul Simon, Dylan (still) etc etc etc.  Steve escaped under the radar.  

I'm glad his shows are being so enjoyed, but consensus is: GET STEVE'S VOCAL UP IN THE MIX.

Totally agree with what others have said about Steve being low in the mix and the worst lit person on stage.

There was some serious hair going on with those singers!

DSCN4615.JPG

DSCN4616.JPG

DSCN4627.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

• Like 4

On 05/11/2017 at 10:55 AM, Eileen said:

No Rusty, then. Thanks, Paul. 

latest?cb=20110926083936

• Haha 1

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:07 PM, goonerginge said:

I'll let you know later Eileen.

Just seen this - what did you think of the show?

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:25 AM, Eileen said:

The Wild Ponies.

No brownie points though - I read the lyrics and thought 'pony' must be the word I was looking for ... then our old pal Google stepped in.

However ... what was the show like? :)

Interesting suggestion !

My spot was the ref to Daddy G - who is of course a member of our very own Massive Attack :-)

• Like 1

Ah, but do Massive Attack sing at weddings in Bristol? ;)

19 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

30 years ago today

IMG_20171109_0001.jpg

I have one of those :)

• Like 1