borntorunmick

Broadway coming to London

Bruce coming to the West End with that endless scripted show?

Just checked my diary.  I'm doing my nails that night.  Oh, and my hair the following night.

• Haha 5

I’m glad everyone is excited about these run of shows and am happy for those who have seen and enjoyed them,

however I just can’t get past the fact how over hyped and expensive these are. 

Plus, the title “Springsteen on Broadway”..this is not Guys and Dolls

This is not the Bruce of E Street galore. Or even his two great solo tours. 

I’m sorry....don’t mean to offend anyone. But this whole overpriced hype is a big let down. I would have preferred a small theater tour performing a variety of material under no particular banner. 

But “Springsteen on Broadway””......ugh!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kay said:

Gel or regular polish?  

Heavy grade sandpaper.

OK guys, we all love to talk about rumors - but this one is obviously a wind up post, simply for chuckles

1) Tom Hanks wouldn't reveal stuff about his friend Bruce - he lives in the internet age and knows it won't last 30 seconds before the world knows it

2) Bruce may or may not do this, but I doubt he has decided at this point - see the "extends until June" rumors that have amounted to nothing so far

3) When someone starts with a nameless friend told me a secret, you can already tell what's happening

4) People who would know if this was actually true don't know - I doubt Tom Hanks has the details

Wow, in a world of Fake news, this is a good one

• Like 4

Just now, CmonMrTrouble said:

OK guys, we all love to talk about rumors - but this one is obviously a wind up post, simply for chuckles

1) Tom Hanks wouldn't reveal stuff about his friend Bruce - he lives in the internet age and knows it won't last 30 seconds before the world knows it

2) Bruce may or may not do this, but I doubt he has decided at this point - see the "extends until June" rumors that have amounted to nothing so far

3) When someone starts with a nameless friend told me a secret, you can already tell what's happening

4) People who would know if this was actually true don't know - I doubt Tom Hanks has the details

Wow, a world of Fake news, this is a good one

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rumour.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, musicdav24 said:

This is not the Bruce of E Street galore. Or even his two great solo tours. 

Of course it's neither, it's something new and fresh and according to some who've gone, it's the best Bruce experience they've ever had.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

Wow, in a world of Fake news, this is a good one

So should the op's name be changed to borntotakethemick then?

I'll get my coat...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Bruce coming to the West End with that endless scripted show?

Just checked my diary.  I'm doing my nails that night.  Oh, and my hair the following night.

What with the nails and hair done, you'll be lookin' good for Bruce on that third night!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

What with the nails and hair done, you'll be lookin' good for Bruce on that third night!

I heard a #scoop that Chris Christie's getting his nails and hair done for his show. He's apparently planning on waxing for some reason. 

• Haha 1

okay guys with regards to promise 61 comments obviously a unbeliever

heres a photo of hanks and guy he spoke to its not a secret if hanks said what he said that was up to him 

hanks is in london doing book signing staying at a well know hotel 

the guy has tee shirt on which hanks pointing to and then had a little conversation about Bruce 

So guys believe what you may but the guy met Hanks 

hanks .JPG

hanks fist .JPG

6 minutes ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

Yes. Also available for Christmas, birthdays, bar mitzvahs and other off the grid debauchery-ish stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, borntorunmick said:

heres a photo of hanks and guy he spoke to its not a secret if hanks said what he said that was up to him 

the guy has tee shirt on which hanks pointing to and then had a little conversation about Bruce 

hanks .JPG

hanks fist .JPG

oh here we go, the man's got evidence

Props to you. You got called out as wum and came back swinging with some credible pics. 

Hanks pointing at the t-shirt really sells it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I heard a #scoop that Chris Christie's getting his nails and hair done for his show. He's apparently planning on waxing for some reason. 

For future reference, Paolo, no one needs the images evoked by the words "Chris Christie" and "waxing".

Just now, Marilla Gorilla said:

For future reference, Paolo, no one needs the images evoked by the words "Chris Christie" and "waxing".

I agree, the thought of Chris Christie getting the wax out of his ears isn't a pleasant thought. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, borntorunmick said:

hanks .JPG

hanks fist .JPG

For the sake of the Euros I'm going to hope this is true :)

7 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I agree, the thought of Chris Christie getting the wax out of his ears isn't a pleasant thought. 

It's where someone else might be putting hot wax on Chris Christie that has me wretching...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, borntorunmick said:

Why did Tom say that?? 

Should he of said that ??

No, but should he have said that? It's have not of ffs. Why would you say of? You of ruined Springsteen in the West End for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not to begrudge the folks in Europe anything, but ... I hope not... it'll be just that much longer until the next real tour if this Broadway thing gets extended ...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, crdowning said:

Not to begrudge the folks in Europe anything, but ... I hope not... it'll be just that much longer until the next real tour if this Broadway thing gets extended ...

I'd rather some E Street Band shows over here instead of Broadway mind. 

Shows in Leeds, Newcastle because we're not doing stadium gigs in Sunderland anymore, Manchester, hell, even places like Birmingham, Wembley, and in Ireland and Scotland would be great. 

• Like 1

I would imagine any conversation between Tom Hanks and someone wearing a Bruce tee shirt would be more along the lines of a chat about being a fan, followed by a ‘do you think Bruce will bring the show to London?’ with a non-commital reply from Mr. Hanks! 

I hope it is true, but I can’t imagine Tom Hanks disclosing it, even if it were and he knew.

• Like 2

Loose lips sink ships 

• Haha 1