Greasy Lake Community

New Archive release - The Stockholm show, July 3rd 1988

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a show featuring 35 songs. 22 featured in the LA 23/4/88 show, so that should appease those who like "tours being represented", and there's a good enough difference with the other 13 songs to avoid it being samesy. 

So, Boom Boom from this show is one of the tightest performances in The E Street Band's history. The River, with those '88 vocals!? 

CHIMES OF FREEDOM. 

I'm a Coward is always great, WISE MEN SAY, Bobby Jean and Caddy Ranch looks good. And who knows, maybe the Tenth from this show will be the greatest version I've been searching for!

Edit: oh, and acoustic BTR, '88 DITD, Downbound Train, Sweet Soul Music, Roulette and the '88 I'm on Fire are also very appealing. 

10 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

As I said on the Rumours thread, I've already got the Tunnel Vision cd and the Chimes of Freedom EP to go with it, so I'll refrain from buying straight away until I see about 7-13 positive posts about the sound of the first 14 tracks and about the second half of the show. 

Dude. just buy it. It is spectacular....:-)

I'm really excited for this. Thought we'd get a Rising Tour show, but I don't mind this at all. The samples sound really, really good and the setlist is pretty awesome. As a Tunnel Of Love tour lover, I think I'll enjoy this one! Curious to see what you guys think of it!

I remember getting up early that Sunday 7/3/88 to tape the first set off the radio. I cherished that tape. This tour has always meant allot to me due to it's theme and me being on my own for the first time. I just loved it. It just spoke to me and now I'm old and I wasn't wrong.

Just now, rachelharms said:

Can we just take a moment to talk about how freaking cool the artwork is?! Perhaps my favourite one to date. 

Apart from the made up venue, I love the artwork! :lol:

So, so happy, this even better than a Seeger show would have been! Thought about it for half a minute and figured this would be the release where I got the HD-flac version. I played the recording of the sow'stape to death, then I played the CC CD just about to death.

Can't wait to listen to this, especially the 2nd half.

"Nice" typo, though... "Stockhoms"...

It's probably the 5th/6th best artwork for a release.

What are the others I hear you say?!

In no particular order:

1. Bruce on the piano [New York, July 1st 2000]
  2. Stevie and his hats [Albany, February 7th 1977]
  3. Bruce in the darkness [Rochester, February 8th 1977]
  4. Scooter and The Big Man [Philadelphia, October 20th, 2009]
  5. The E Street Band [Tempe, November 5th, 1980]

Just now, Paolo's Circus Story said:

In no particular order:

It's a tie between this release and Upper Darby '75 for me. Bruce looks damn pretty on that one. 

Just now, Paolo's Circus Story said:

In no particular order:

Gotta love Bruce on pianos!

It sure is. I'd really love to have a record version of this. 

That would be cool.

One thing I've wanted for ages is for the CDs to be sold in actual shops. I have dreamt a few times about walking into HMV and seeing the 31/12/1980 Uniondale show staring back at me. 

It's a tie between this release and Upper Darby '75 for me. Bruce looks damn pretty on that one. 

The Upper Darby picture is cool, but ha'way, there is a literal cover of Stevie standing amongst a plethora of hats. It doesn't get better than that B)

Just now, 1651997 said:

Gotta love Bruce on pianos!

Can proudly say I've been attendance live to see it happen. Have seen him play piano with his ear as well B).

I've really got to search for a picture of that ear-piano playing. But for now, a thought, you guys know that gimmick, "Dogs at polling stations"?

Let's make "Bruce standing on pianos" a serious deal.

59fcce39bd661_ScreenShot2014-05-05at15_10_16.thumb.png.129f2b8d8acd6f0ed580317c92e2146c.png

Archived