CosmicKid

Announcing the 3rd Not Quite Annual Greasy Lake Bruce Cover Song contest - DEADLINE EXTENDED

Did JohnF win the last one? Ah ... I've just seen the 2 mentioned above. Daskill ... whatever happened to him?

You sure that second one's not JohnF?

I remember during the first contest a song was totally sung a capella by a woman, it was fantastic (in y memories), I don't know if it's possible to hear it again

9 minutes ago, yvan said:

I remember during the first contest a song was totally sung a capella by a woman, it was fantastic (in y memories), I don't know if it's possible to hear it again

yvan, must have been this one. It was by none other than @pienelien.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Did JohnF win the last one? Ah ... I've just seen the 2 mentioned above. Daskill ... whatever happened to him?

You sure that second one's not JohnF?

Eileen, sorry, you are right. It was JohnF who won last time. Sorry about the mix up. I corrected my original post.

• Like 1

This is so cool, I've never experienced this on here before so I really look forward to hearing the covers!! Really makes me wish I had some musical talent too :( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rachelharms said:

This is so cool, I've never experienced this on here before so I really look forward to hearing the covers!! Really makes me wish I had some musical talent too :( 

We could form a trio with @tie that bind on 24th - cats chorus maybe:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

We could form a trio with @tie that bind on 24th - cats chorus maybe:ph34r:

Maybe if there's wine involved :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, ludomichel said:

Anyone remember this?  2003 !!!

http://www.nic.fi/~luckyman/nebraskarevisited/

Cool. I did a Nebraska 'tribute' album too, in 2012 I think. Here's a link to it should you have the inclination. I could have a crack at entering a song this year, I'll see if I can think of something.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Based on his avatar and given that I'm certain it's his favourite song, I expect @mad man with a box to present us with an exceptionally flawless rendition of Rosie.

No pressure kid ;)

I have never worked out my own version of Rosie - but I’ll get it together if you, Paolo - the master of polls, king of crusades - give us a full blooded singalong of Waiting On A Sunny Day 

(Small Child singing On fifth go round of chorus optional) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mad man with a box said:

I have never worked out my own version of Rosie - but I’ll get it together if you, Paolo - the master of polls, king of crusades - give us a full blooded singalong of Waiting On A Sunny Day 

(Small Child On fifth go round of chorus optional) 

As if I could hit those high notes, you kidding me! :lol: The best cover you'd get from me is Factory or Fire, and that ain't happening. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

What about members kids? Can they get in on this?

Love to get a take of Roulette or Adam from @Pastor Jeff's son!!!!

JJ, my son's band actually does a punk version of "I'm Goin' Down" in their shows!

• Like 6

That Greasy Lake covers album brings back fond memories I think I had only joined The Lake the year before in 2002, it was a great collection that i remember receiving a copy through the magnificent Traders Forums and trees back in the day.

Is there any chance that an mp3 / downloadable copy be put up as I would love to hear this again.

I remember a stunning and haunting version of atlantic city by a lady vocalist as being one of many standouts!

• Like 1