Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CosmicKid

Announcing the 3rd Not Quite Annual Greasy Lake Bruce Cover Song contest - DEADLINE EXTENDED

For those of you who are interested, I have now added a link to the songs of the two previous music contests under "The Lake Scrolls" at the top of the page. That means you can listen to all the entries. A few of the entries I didn't have the artist's name for anymore. If anyone knows who they are, please let me know.

Hey! musicians! we need more candidates!
do not be shy! come and share your music!
:)

5 hours ago, CosmicKid said:

No, one entry per GL member.

Crap. I already sent one in but now I want to send another. Could I bribe you with a dollar?

If I find some free time, I'll try to mess about with "What love can do". 

Great thread (again)

On 11/23/2017 at 12:25 AM, pienelien said:

ohhh shugs — i recorded this, feeling very silly for even hoping people might like this. tnx for compliment

It is wonderful.

On 11/24/2017 at 9:20 PM, phantomengineer said:

Crap. I already sent one in but now I want to send another. Could I bribe you with a dollar?

No, but a ticket to Springsteen on Broadway including airfare from Denmark might do the trick!

For now, I can allow you to submit more than one song, but it will be the latest submission that counts in the contest. Maybe the extra songs can be used as bonus material on the upcoming album release!

4 hours ago, CosmicKid said:

For now, I can allow you to submit more than one song, but it will be the latest submission that counts in the contest. Maybe the extra songs can be used as bonus material on the upcoming album release!

Fair enough. Thank you.

On 11/26/2017 at 5:57 AM, CosmicKid said:

No, but a ticket to Springsteen on Broadway including airfare from Denmark might do the trick!

After the contest, ill.submit more

On 11/24/2017 at 9:19 PM, yvan said:

Hey! musicians! we need more candidates!
do not be shy! come and share your music!
:)

working on it. what is deadline again 

11 hours ago, pienelien said:

working on it. what is deadline again 

31 December, 2017!

On 26/11/2017 at 9:57 PM, CosmicKid said:

Maybe the extra songs can be used as bonus material on the upcoming album release!

...or an out-takes album :P

I might do State Trooper... I've got an idea to record it that's been on the back of my mind for a few months and this might be what I was needing to finally tackle it.

Wish I could find the time to put one in. Time is an issue these days, alas. Just had a walk down memory lane by checking out the previous entries. I had genuinely forgotten I'd covered Glory Days all them years ago. :D

Looking forward to hearing some nice covers - I managed to put together a reasonable version of Night. Typically, I have tried to take the song somewhere else. I think it works. Sort of. :D

On 12/11/2017 at 12:55 PM, CosmicKid said:

Declared participants so far:

• yvan: "Lucky Town"
  • phantomengineer: "Meeting Across the River"
  • Gazza: "Long Walk Home" or "The Rising"
  • Demos: "Leah" or "Down in in the Hole"
  • J: "Independence Day"
  • Tom-Joad: "State Trooper"

I can't believe we are only 6-7 candidates (with woflinthepines)? there are probably lots of musicians around here

I know this is kind of late, but I think I'm going to try to send in a version of "The River."

13 hours ago, Pastor Jeff said:

I know this is kind of late, but I think I'm going to try to send in a version of "The River."

Please do - you can't go too far wrong with such an amazing song. I was tempted to do a medley of the entire River album. Then I thought, na, far too easy. I'm working on a Live 75-85 medley instead.  

On 11/30/2017 at 7:16 AM, Wout said:

31 December, 2017!

That's good, I should be able to get mine done before then... I was getting a little worried I was going to miss it.

A bonus is that I'm about to go and buy a new guitar (all signed off by the missus and everything!!), so this will be a great way to road test it. 

On 24/11/2017 at 4:54 PM, CosmicKid said:

For those of you who are interested, I have now added a link to the songs of the two previous music contests under "The Lake Scrolls" at the top of the page. That means you can listen to all the entries. A few of the entries I didn't have the artist's name for anymore. If anyone knows who they are, please let me know.

Loose Ends. It's me. 

On 12/11/2017 at 1:12 PM, Eileen said:

Did JohnF win the last one? Ah ... I've just seen the 2 mentioned above. Daskill ... whatever happened to him?

You sure that second one's not JohnF?

He still pops in occasionally!  :D

D'you know, it was only the other day that I thought that may be the case ... something to do with this thread.

Bummer. Disn’t see this before now. Can’t make it to the deadline.