Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CosmicKid

Announcing the 3rd Not Quite Annual Greasy Lake Bruce Cover Song contest - DEADLINE EXTENDED

3 hours ago, CosmicKid said:

That's correct. As long as it's still Sunday where you are, you are on time. And also, it is a well-known trick in the world of diplomacy and negotiations... if you have a deadline and you can't meet it, but you still think you can get a result if you keep negotiating, then you stop the clocks. That's a hint to @the calvary. The thing is, I may not get the poll up and running for a few days after the deadline, so....

You're killing me lol I want to hear everyone's submissions!

15 hours ago, CosmicKid said:

That's correct. As long as it's still Sunday where you are, you are on time. And also, it is a well-known trick in the world of diplomacy and negotiations... if you have a deadline and you can't meet it, but you still think you can get a result if you keep negotiating, then you stop the clocks. That's a hint to @the calvary. The thing is, I may not get the poll up and running for a few days after the deadline, so....

Well, it's 5.30 in the morning here, on the 15th BUT! I'm still working from 21.00 on the 24th, and the law here states that the trading day is still the 14th. Soooooooooo............

On 1/15/2018 at 12:32 AM, the calvary said:

Well, it's 5.30 in the morning here, on the 15th BUT! I'm still working from 21.00 on the 24th, and the law here states that the trading day is still the 14th. Soooooooooo............

Well @the calvary, did you get it done?

1 hour ago, Junglelander said:

Well @the calvary, did you get it done?

I took the day off work and hoped I'd get to it, but to be honest, I slept fir a huge portion of it, and then decided to write a review of the show. I'll get a bit of time later. But I think it's pushing it a bit. Other people made the deadline. So if it can't go in this time, next time it'll be ready to roll. 

2 hours ago, the calvary said:

I took the day off work and hoped I'd get to it, but to be honest, I slept fir a huge portion of it, and then decided to write a review of the show. I'll get a bit of time later. But I think it's pushing it a bit. Other people made the deadline. So if it can't go in this time, next time it'll be ready to roll. 

Your Broadway review was unique (not saying your cover song wouldn’t be, if course) but I think you made the right call.

4 hours ago, the calvary said:

Understandable. To think, at one point we were only a few hours from one another. I'd have bought you a drink or two had I known sooner. But hopefully, we can make this an annual thing and we will see you next time fire sure.

Don’t worry about that deadline too much. It’s just a guideline as to when we should have our songs ready. 

If you feel it and get the time the next few days then do it :-)

8 hours ago, the calvary said:

Too bad, but I'm looking forward to reading your review. And if you feel like it, you can submit your song as a bonus track for the upcoming album. Of course, if it blows the winner away that might be a bit awkward.

7 minutes ago, CosmicKid said:

Too bad, but I'm looking forward to reading your review. And if you feel like it, you can submit your song as a bonus track for the upcoming album. Of course, if it blows the winner away that might be a bit awkward.

It might simply blow. 

16 minutes ago, the calvary said:

It might simply blow. 

Oh stop. @CosmicKid, I petition to have Calvarys song added with the rest of ours. You said yourself that it's going to take a few days. Please @the calvary, enter one in

12 minutes ago, Junglelander said:

Oh stop. @CosmicKid, I petition to have Calvarys song added with the rest of ours. You said yourself that it's going to take a few days. Please @the calvary, enter one in

Well, it's already been a few days, but yeah, it might take a couple more to get it all ready. Still, I agree with the calvary that it might not be fair to other contestants who submitted on time thinking they could have done a better job if they'd had a few more days.

5 minutes ago, CosmicKid said:

Well, it's already been a few days, but yeah, it might take a couple more to get it all ready. Still, I agree with the calvary that it might not be fair to other contestants who submitted on time thinking they could have done a better job if they'd had a few more days.

I understand. 

1 hour ago, CosmicKid said:

That's exactly it. 

plus to be honest, I'm quite ok about not being in the competition its self. I posted a few months ago, I don't recall which thread, that I'm not big on music in competition. Now I know this is slightly different, it's mainly a fun way of getting the community to throw out some Bruce covers, but I think it's just as cool to be on whatever album gets out. 

Thank yiu @Junglelander though. Always nice having someone fight your corner against "the man". 

15 minutes ago, the calvary said:

That's exactly it. 

plus to be honest, I'm quite ok about not being in the competition its self. I posted a few months ago, I don't recall which thread, that I'm not big on music in competition. Now I know this is slightly different, it's mainly a fun way of getting the community to throw out some Bruce covers, but I think it's just as cool to be on whatever album gets out. 

Thank yiu @Junglelander though. Always nice having someone fight your corner against "the man". 

No problem bud. I believe it was out fearless leader that said something to the effect of "...and remember, in the end, nobody wins unless everybody wins..."

Sorry about the wait. It is my definite ambition to get it up today! 

6 hours ago, CosmicKid said:

No rush amigo. Just very excited to listen to everyone's songs is all

17 hours ago, CosmicKid said:

But if it's for more than four hours, call your doctor.

7 hours ago, phantomengineer said:

But if it's for more than four hours, call your doctor.

Watch it or I will replace your submission with my own a capella version of Real Man. 

I failed... :(