Sign in to follow this  
doesthisbusstop

Who is the king of Ullevi?

A colleague at work was in Gothenburg last weekend and took this picture. Looking a close call so all Swedish lakers tell your friends where to stub their cigarettes out...

03C74193-35D9-4B10-B06A-0EB77E6EC7AE.jpeg

• Haha 1

A ballot bin? What a brilliant idea! It would be interesting to see a new photo of the bin in a couple of weeks... :lol: 

Håkan Hellström is the biggest artist in Sweden. However opinions on his music are quite divided (most often it has to do with him being able to sing or not...a reeaally tiring debate), but yeah, a lot of people including me love his music. Since 2014 hHe has the record for biggest crowd at Ullevi (...which Bruce held before) which should tell you something. Gothenburg is his hometown by the way.
He released his debut album in 2000, which is a classic. He did his first show at Ullevi in 2014, and then 2 more shows in 2016 and 2 shows this year as well. It's amazing really how huge he has become. He definitely had a big success from the start but he also had a lot of critics, but his success has just gotten bigger and bigger. If you had asked me back in 2000 if I thought he would have sold out Ullevi 5 times 17 years later I probably wouldn't believe it.
I should also mention that he sings in Swedish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, *Janey* said:

A ballot bin? What a brilliant idea! It would be interesting to see a new photo of the bin in a couple of weeks... :lol: 

My work colleague was visiting friends last weekend and she has promised to send in regular photo updates of the ballot bin so I will update this thread with latest picture updates in the coming weeks! 

• Like 4

It says quite something about Bruce's status in Sweden (or just Gothenburg?) that he is compared to Håkan Hellström  like that. 

• Like 2

I didn't attend Håkan's concerts, but I seriously doubt he - or anyone - could ever top Bruce's shows at Ullevi in 2003. Those shows were magical, just as much because of the atmosphere surrounding the shows and the audience. Still my favorite stadium shows. 

On 11/21/2017 at 2:51 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

A colleague at work was in Gothenburg last weekend and took this picture. Looking a close call so all Swedish lakers tell your friends where to stub their cigarettes out...

03C74193-35D9-4B10-B06A-0EB77E6EC7AE.jpeg

I have a friend who is moving to Gothenburg in a few weeks, moving from Volvo SA to the new Polestar division in Sweden... I'll ask him to find this for me and send updates too if he can. :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Juneau said:

It says quite something about Bruce's status in Sweden (or just Gothenburg?) that he is compared to Håkan Hellström  like that. 

And that they didn’t insult his popularity by adding Springsteen, after Bruce. 

• Like 2