CosmicKid

Picking up the tab - donations needed

Another year has almost passed, and unfortunately that means it's time to pay if we wanna play. A bill is due, and while we still have money left from our last fundraiser, we are about $600 short. On the bright side, that's less than most Broadway tickets, and if we pull together and everybody contributes a few Dollars or Euros, this should be a breeze.

As usual, all donations, big or small, are much appreciated. Typical contributions would be between $10 and $50, but it is of course completely up to you how much you feel you can spare, if anything.

So, without further ado, let's make it happen. All the info you need about how to pay can be found on our donation page.

PS, A little reminder - and worth more than my words - about what this place is all about....

• Like 6
  • Bruuuuce! 2

Have paid what I can for now, will donate further another time, cant imagine my day without my regular visits here.

• Like 2

Will do as soon as my shifting town is complete and i can make my enail work

This weekend 

• Like 1

Cant believe its twelve months since my last post on here saying I did not post but lurked a lot, where has that gone? Donation made.

Thanks to Karsten and the mods for all your hard work, to all posters good and bad for some entertaining reads, have a great Christmas and new year.

Here's to some new music in 2018

edit:- just read the bit about Bon B till June, oh well, never mind

• Like 1

Donation sent. Thank you for working on Greasy Lake, making it a fun place.

Couldn't do without it!

• Like 1

Dan, your donation is now completePayment by PayPal

Thanks Karsten,
Dan/

• Like 1

Will I still be able to donate by the 22nd? I don't get paid until then and I really want to contribute!

Thank you so much again for GL being one of the few constants in my life, for providing us with a community and the opportunity for friendship. I've met some amazing people this year (and will be meeting some more come January!) and it wouldn't have happened without Greasy Lake.

So a big thanks for all you do here. I hope you all know how incredibly grateful I am for a place like this. :) 

• Like 6
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Done, and I will express my appreciation for the family we have created here.

Greasy Lake wouldn't be what it is without all of you good people, I think we are all lucky to have each other in this crazy world

• Like 8
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, rachelharms said:

Will I still be able to donate by the 22nd? I don't get paid until then and I really want to contribute!

Thank you so much again for GL being one of the few constants in my life, for providing us with a community and the opportunity for friendship. I've met some amazing people this year (and will be meeting some more come January!) and it wouldn't have happened without Greasy Lake.

So a big thanks for all you do here. I hope you all know how incredibly grateful I am for a place like this. :) 

Yes, you can donate at any time. If it doesn't go towards this bill, it will go towards the next. The donation page is always open.

Thank you, everybody who donated so far! We are well on our way to our goal.

• Like 7

Didn't know if I was going to post or not, because I don't always like to say look at me.

But since the first page is about full, I'm proud to say I'm in.

Thanks for all you do.

• Like 3

Happily done.. thanks to everyone that keeps this place going. Enjoy my daily dose of greasy lake.

• Like 1

Done.  I don't post much, but I really like coming here.  Thanks!  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Friday Night's pay night guys fresh out of work..

Well it's Thursday pay day for me, so I'll be donating a few quid on pay day to this wonderful site.

What the people on the lake have done for my niece and my brother over the last few month, donating to keep up it's running is the very least i can do.

i joined the lake in 2004, since then i have met so many wonderful people it's fair to say it was life changing, as i now have a son called Bruce who's mum is from penzance.   Just fooking amazing ! 

the 500 plus Springsteen bootlegs i have...thanks greasy lake traders ( in those days the postman dropping off a big fat parcel full of Springsteen bootlegs is still to this day one of the best things EVER )

the tickets, the beers, the nights out, the craic standing in line for the pit, thanks greasy lakers

the lakers i have met who i now class as dear friends for life..thank you x 

the lakers who i have not met but would love to, thank you ( it's the truth that when i dream of winning the lotto,  i dream travelling the world  for a  meeting with every single laker..to say thank you) 

My hopes and dreams have changed a lot this last few months.  

It's fair to say that greasy lakers have restored  my faith in humanity. 

To the man who had the vision to start this all, Karsten, thank you,  I'm going to tell my son about you and your site, maybe one day if i never get to meet you he will. 

GREASY LAKE RULES OK 

Bloody fly.

Thank you Karsten.

Ps, what is the snail mail address for Europe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmw said:

Ps, what is the snail mail address for Europe.

The European address is listed on the donation page. Please read it carefully before possibly sending money by snail mail, thanks!