Sign in to follow this  
AMIW

Nashville gets a Footie Team

BTW:

1. that was a great day meeting both of you.

2. City 3 Spurs 1

3. Nightlife was crazy downtown after the match.

• Like 1

It will be good for Atlanta to have a natural rival in the south.  I do worry that MLS is expanding too rapidly.  LAFC joins the league next year, troubled Miami franchise should join soon (or be replaced by a bid with fewer "issues"), along with another team that is supposed to be announced before the end of the year.  

• Like 1

the whole Miami thing is just as wrong as the mess with the nfl in la.

3 hours ago, AMIW said:

I would go there to see Kathy again :mellow:

That would be worth the trip by itself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wasted in the heat said:

It will be good for Atlanta to have a natural rival in the south.  I do worry that MLS is expanding too rapidly.  LAFC joins the league next year, troubled Miami franchise should join soon (or be replaced by a bid with fewer "issues"), along with another team that is supposed to be announced before the end of the year.  

Minnesota is building a new stadium for a team next year also, in St. Paul.

Minnesota first game was home to Atlanta in real weather - ah summer in the frozen north

1920px-MNUFC_Home_Opener.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

BTW:

1. that was a great day meeting both of you.

2. City 3 Spurs 1

3. Nightlife was crazy downtown after the match.

You've met Andrew??!! And took me long enough? Well, I never! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Minnesota first game was home to Atlanta in real weather - ah summer in the frozen north

1920px-MNUFC_Home_Opener.jpg

Was also ATL UTD's first win if memory serves.  

On 12/21/2017 at 8:47 AM, Jimmy James said:

@took me long enough, already has season tickets?

I don’t know much about soccer, but it could be fun getting in on the ground floor of a new team. 

On 12/21/2017 at 9:35 AM, AMIW said:

I would go there to see Kathy again :mellow:

On 12/21/2017 at 10:12 AM, Jimmy James said:

I'm with you. I mean to see Kathy, not so much MSL! ;)

On 12/21/2017 at 1:03 PM, VABOSSFAN said:

That would be worth the trip by itself.

Build it and they will come :lol:  

The stadium is going to be out at the Fairgrounds though - apparently there is bugger all out there is that true?

Curious about thoughts on the team name.  Nashville SC - as in Soccer Club.   Isn't that sacrilege?

FWIW, I am not a huge fan of the ATL United FC team name either, but have learned to embrace it. Names don't seem to be as big a deal in footie as in traditional American sports.  

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

The stadium is going to be out at the Fairgrounds though - apparently there is bugger all out there is that true?

True at this point, but if it goes the way of other up-and-coming revitalized neighborhoods in Nashville in the last few years, they’ll be booming in the not too distant future. Not to mention big money and names behind this.

1 hour ago, took me long enough said:

True at this point, but if it goes the way of other up-and-coming revitalized neighborhoods in Nashville in the last few years, they’ll be booming in the not too distant future. Not to mention big money and names behind this.

Is this in "The City" somewhere? Because when STL was lobbing for a team the MSL required that any new stadium be built in a Urban area. With access to Metro Link. Just wondering if the MSL is consistent or not?  

It's north of 440 so it's not like it's on the moon.  Still a downtown stadium would've been nice - perhaps next to the Titan's stadium or something.  

@AMIW, has that Liverpool date been confirmed? I can't find anything that confirms anything.

And if the Man City date in Chicago is really on a Friday, that be harder for us, than the Sunday night in Nashville? What I'm trying to say is Nashville is looking better to us, but we just haven't seen a firm date yet. Have you?

no I haven't seen an official announcement on anything just the dates on the various Liverpool, tottenham, man city message boards that come up in a news search

• Thanks 1

Former Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre lands new job in football

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-liverpool-chief-executive-ian-14688177.amp

Former Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre is relishing a new challenge after being unveiled as the CEO of Nashville’s Major League Soccer club. 

The 55-year-old left the Reds after a decade of service in February 2017 and had a brief spell with German outfit TSV 1860 Munich. 

Now he’s heading to the States after being headhunted by Nashville’s lead owner John Ingram. They are a new MLS franchise who will start playing in 2020.

“Through that time I had a number of calls from, let’s just say big clubs,” Ayre told the Tennessean.

“But that was never going to be of interest to me, established clubs rather than this, because I’ve kind of done that.

“The MLS has huge ambitions to be one of the biggest and leading leagues in the world, and is on that trajectory.

“Both as a soccer fan and an executive in the industry, it’s something I’ve had my eye on because it’s important. You talk about MLS and its growth, I think it’s becoming easier and will become easier to attract the right talent to something that’s exciting and developing

“And if you have a reputation of being involved in a club like Liverpool, you hope that stands for something when you start to try and attract talent.”

Nashville owner Ingram added: “He’s always been my No 1 choice, I’m just thrilled that this was attractive to him. He’s the kind of guy, there’s a lot of other leagues and clubs that would find him incredibly attractive.”

so whats the latest on where the ground will be, hopefully it doesn't turn into the mess Beckham is running in Miaimi