Sign in to follow this  
AMIW

Nashville gets a Footie Team

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Wasted in the heat said:

As for watching MLS.  I can definitely watch it.  I can understand that the level of play in the MLS is below the best leagues, but at the end of the day WTF do I care if Man City wins the cup or whatever?  I can watch the PL and appreciate it on an intellectual level (as I did the WC), but I feel almost no emotional connection to it.  I'd much prefer to watch my home team play with a bunch of crazies in the stands for the sense of community that it embodies.  To me that is what all sports - not just football -  are really about.  

 

Oh, I dig it, I love Man City as if they are my hometown team. 

Here are the Stlouligans. That support the St. Louis FC, here in town. Not even in the MSL, I think maybe a minor league team for the MSL Chicago team. 

Image result for stlouligans images

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ah sorry for no report it was a horrible trip down 2.5 hours from by The Weather Channel to the dome!!! didn't really have a lot of time once I got there to walk around so just headed straight to the club level and my seat... from what I saw it looks like a lot of concrete and bare metal kind of expected snazzier layout and carpets and stuff... and f course the roof was wedged shut!

Juventus missing a lot of players so only their first half team was recognizable , and as you might have read Zlatan didn't fly to Atlanta as he was supposed to so I couldn't heckle him :angry:. First half was ok but second half was really poor

headed out before the crowd left at the end for the northern suburbs as I didn't fancy another couple of hours in traffic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry most of the press has been about beckham and his neverending saga in Miami so I missed this

when do they start playing again so I can round up a bus and pick up @VABOSSFAN. @Jimmy James etc and come and see the game and you...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AMIW said:

sorry most of the press has been about beckham and his neverending saga in Miami so I missed this

when do they start playing again so I can round up a bus and pick up @VABOSSFAN. @Jimmy James etc and come and see the game and you...

I'm not a big fan of the MLS, but if it means meeting up with you, VAFB and TMLE, I'm in. Give two beeps as you pull in. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, took me long enough said:

Hopefully we'll be hanging out at a Bruce show before then!

I'm in again. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

someone will have to explain the rules of the game to @VABOSSFAN as he'll get confused when they actually touch the ball with their feet!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, took me long enough said:

Still have a couple years to go.  2020.  

The link you posted took forever to hit, so i kind of glanced over it. 

So the team doesn't play until 2020, or play else where until 2020? 

I was just up in Minnesota to see my daughter, and going to the State Fair. Have to drive by the new stadium for the Footie team there. Last year they were just cracking ground, this year maybe 3/4 finished (just a guess). But they are playing already, i guess at U of Minnesota. What about the Nashville team? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nashville is also trying to revitalize the famed Nashville Speedway to bring a NASCAR touring series back...The new MLS stadium would be next door.

C439D473-2D31-4248-8A1C-0F860AF76744.thumb.jpeg.f1acd42eb46d606bba306c97df680cb7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

The link you posted took forever to hit, so i kind of glanced over it. 

So the team doesn't play until 2020, or play else where until 2020? 

I was just up in Minnesota to see my daughter, and going to the State Fair. Have to drive by the new stadium for the Footie team there. Last year they were just cracking ground, this year maybe 3/4 finished (just a guess). But they are playing already, i guess at U of Minnesota. What about the Nashville team? 

I think not planning to play until 2020 based on what I’ve read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VABOSSFAN said:

Nashville is also trying to revitalize the famed Nashville Speedway to bring a NASCAR touring series back...The new MLS stadium would be next door.

C439D473-2D31-4248-8A1C-0F860AF76744.thumb.jpeg.f1acd42eb46d606bba306c97df680cb7.jpeg

Yeah, I saw that today. Did you ever come for that? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, took me long enough said:

Yeah, I saw that today. Did you ever come for that? 

 

Never saw a race in Nashville....The last Cup race (what's now the Monster Energy Series) was back in the early 80's....They ran a few Busch Grand National (what's now the Xfinity Series) and truck series races up until about the late 90's or 2000...A lot of history at the Nashville track as it was one of the original and oldest speedways on the circuit...If there's a race there again it would most likely be a Xfinity or truck race...Would be a cool place to see a race though. :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, VABOSSFAN said:

Nashville is also trying to revitalize the famed Nashville Speedway to bring a NASCAR touring series back...The new MLS stadium would be next door.

C439D473-2D31-4248-8A1C-0F860AF76744.thumb.jpeg.f1acd42eb46d606bba306c97df680cb7.jpeg

 

12 hours ago, took me long enough said:

Yeah, I saw that today. Did you ever come for that? 

 

Can we walk there from Downtown, as we don't like to drive when we get to these type of events. Clinking Beer Mugs on Samsung Experience 9.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this