Sign in to follow this  
AMIW

Nashville gets a Footie Team

where is the site - theres not a lot of distance between union st and the park

5 minutes ago, AMIW said:

where is the site - theres not a lot of distance between union st and the park

If you are looking at Union Station from Market Street the Stadium will be directly to the right or west. So stadium will sit there and just to the right(west) of that is the entrance to I64/40. So you are correct there isn't a bunch of room but enough for the stadium. And the parking will be behind the stadium. 

Plus there are turning the unused part of Union Station into an Aquarium. And there is a MetroLink stop proposed there again. But this time it isn't attached to another bill like last time.  

ah so it is right next to the FBI building  - wont catch me there walking past there again :angry:

... and it would demolish Maggie O Briens which is where all the preshows have been since the reunion tour

15 hours ago, AMIW said:

ah so it is right next to the FBI building  - wont catch me there walking past there again :angry:

... and it would demolish Maggie O Briens which is where all the preshows have been since the reunion tour

Maggie O'Brien's ain't cue.:D

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Andrew, you guys partying in Atlanta tonight?

I sure as shit am!   The curse is broken!  p

A0C6A8E2-BDF4-496E-9AD8-1DD1A4D9F3D9.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wasted in the heat said:

I sure as shit am!   The curse is broken!  p

A0C6A8E2-BDF4-496E-9AD8-1DD1A4D9F3D9.jpeg

8 hours ago, Wasted in the heat said:

Its sideways and I don’t give a fuck.  

And I don't either, forgot all about you. Congrats. Is that your boy with you. Watched the last 10 minutes of the match. If that does change the U.S. on to soccer nothing will. Was it as crazy as it seemed on TV? 

3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

And I don't either, forgot all about you. Congrats. Is that your boy with you. Watched the last 10 minutes of the match. If that does change the U.S. on to soccer nothing will. Was it as crazy as it seemed on TV? 

Thats us. Yeah it was crazy and great and very catharic for a city that has had more than its fair share of disappointment.  If I can figure out how to post a video I’ll post one of the moment of ecstasy.  

Hopefully the bar has been raised for soccer in the US.   

• Like 2

a couple of TV stations had to issue corrections after they led with the news that this was only the second time an Atlanta team had won a sports trophy

(the Braves at rounders in 1995)

.... the correction is the Atlanta Chiefs who won the NASL trophy in 1968

Falcons. Hawks. Flames/Thrashers all perennial losers

Wow the NASL haven't heard that in a long time. I believe the St. Louis Stars played in that league with the New York Cosmos, with player called Pele 

the nasl existed in two incarnations 1968-1984 and then from 2011-2017 as a minor league

The Tampa Bay Rowdies of the earlier NASL were sort of the Atlanta United of their day.   I used to go to their games and they often filled the old Tampa Stadium (without the benefit of Pele on the team). They were the only game in yown other thsn the woeful Bucs.  In fact at that time the entire state of Florida only had 4 pro sports teams:  The Bucs and Dolphins of the NFL, and the Rowdies and Ft Lauderdale Strikers of the NASL.   

Of course that was a very Americanized version of the game.  If memory serves, no offsides rule, clock counting down from 90 to zero, no stoppage time, overtime periods, timeouts for television.  

• Like 1

This kid is from the STL Metro. 

So now the Bundesliga has the top two players from the US, and Man City just signed the top keeper. So the MLS still has away to go. 

obviously doesn't want to take the Spursy approach where every week no one knows when the House of Cheese will host a game

• Sad 1

I heard on the radio today, most likely the next MLS club will be in Sacramento. STL shut out again. And maybe last chance. 

Change in events today as the MLS announced they will add three teams in the next 3 - 4 years. So as long as our owner group can a stadium deal done, we will have a team.