Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CosmicKid

Down for two days

3 hours ago, CosmicKid said:

Yay, we're back! I apologize for leaving you hanging for two days. This was caused by a problem with our host's new network configuration. They said they had updated our server, but left out a very important part: telling the world that the domain greasylake.org had changes IP's. Repeated inquiries to them about it were ignored, leaving me pretty desperate. I tried to mess with it myself several times, but contrary to popular belief I'm not an expert in server configuration. Anyway, I finally suceeded, and things are, I think, back to normal.

Again, I'm truly sorry about this, but at least we are back in time to wish each other happy New Year. So HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hope it will be a great one for everybody and that we will see lots of Bruce excitement

Oh, and thank you Karsten. Even a little time away from The Lake makes me appreciate it all the more. 

Happy New Year!!!

20 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Yeah checking was becoming like a frequent every 30 minute task for me. 

It got to the point where I was asking myself; "Is my constant trying to get on the website preventing the server from getting back on track? :huh:"

And of course there was the usual; "oh I've been banned" thoughts running through my head. 

Nah ....why would you be banned ..... You know .....unless i can actually PROVE the obvious voting irregularities that prevented the Detroit Medley its rightful spot atop the Bruce universe. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Nah ....why would you be banned ..... You know .....unless i can actually PROVE the obvious voting irregularities that prevented the Detroit Medley its rightful spot atop the Bruce universe. :lol:

Why would I be banned? I'm a bit of a twat, mate. 

I won't lie, I genuinely believe I somehow rigged that poll with the ABDM stuff to prevent Detroit Medley from winning. I've had a sense of guilt about ruining the tournament ever since. I was supposed to be an impartial bystander while the people of Greasy Lake voted, but instead I spoiled a 'good' thing by frequently claiming DM had flaws and shouldn't have won. 

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Why would I be banned? I'm a bit of a twat, mate. 

I won't lie, I genuinely believe I somehow rigged that poll with the ABDM stuff to prevent Detroit Medley from winning. I've had a sense of guilt about ruining the tournament ever since. I was supposed to be an impartial bystander while the people of Greasy Lake voted, but instead I spoiled a 'good' thing by frequently claiming DM had flaws and shouldn't have won. 

You did get a GREAT winner ..... I'll live with the Silver medal ..... And poke you as a friend once in awhile over it while still admiring the awesome tournament you ran ..... You were clearly laker of the year in 2017 ....and i'm more fun when i have something to complain about anyway.

4 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

You did get a GREAT winner ..... I'll live with the Silver medal ..... And poke you as a friend once in awhile over it while still admiring the awesome tournament you ran ..... You were clearly lake of the year in 2017 ....and i'm more fun when i have something to complain about anyway.

Yeah the winner could've been a lot worse, which is saying something given the quality of covers that were involved. And I'm all about the bantz so that's alright with me.

I really appreciate you saying that, but I think there's been stronger candidates for Laker of the Year.

And just like that I'm tempted to start another un-Springsteen related poll :lol:, where everyone gets to tell each other how great they think they are. 

Just now, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I really appreciate you saying that, but I think there's been stronger candidates for Laker of the Year.

You’re talking about me, aren’t you? :wub:

(Now that the Lake is back I’m going to have a hard time refraining from replying to every post. I think I will take a walk now that it’s not so cold.)

3 minutes ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

(Now that the Lake is back I’m going to have a hard time refraining from replying to every post. I think I will take a walk now that it’s not so cold.)

Didn't you win last year ?!?!

4 minutes ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

There's a good 75-80 people off the top of my head who I'd say are better posters than myself, so you're most likely one of them.

With GL back, its like Christmas morning in reverse here in Bosstralia. Dad jumping up and down and shrieking in excitement while the kids sit around slightly bewildered.Good to be back.

With GL down, I was shamefully reminded that I still did not donate for it. A promise before Years end - and thank you Carsten!

And done ;-)

7 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Karsten,  I could've fixed this thing in a nano-second.  Y'only had to ask. 

Switch it off and switch it back on again. Yes, that would've done it ^_^

5 hours ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

It was really strange, actually talking to the wife and real people for two days 

Please don't ever let that happen again

Is the 2nd line a plea from the wife and other real people that you talked to for 2 days?

1 hour ago, burghfan said:

Is the 2nd line a plea from the wife and other real people that you talked to for 2 days?

Pretty much, yes

there are people for whom the board didn't come back in time

Mad-as-Hell.jpg

Hugs and kisses to every one

Missed you all like crazy

I will confess to checking several times an hour for the duration 

In the intirum our hot water broke

Couldnt even get cold water out of the tap

Im thinking the greasylake bill will be a lot less painful than the plumber's

....just checking your all still here

The withdrawal was as difficult as coming off smokes and booze.Will have donation in next week. 

28 minutes ago, gus said:

The withdrawal was as difficult as coming off smokes and booze.Will have donation in next week. 

Best wishes for the new year my friend 

Daisey I hope the new problems get fixed soon as you don't need the stress.Looking forward to another year of taking on the ungrateful for the gift we'very been given. All the best my compare.