Dr. Zoom

New archive - June 24th 1993

5 minutes ago, Lampi said:

War (The single with the most ugly sleeve in Bruce history, why would you want more than 1 version of it (and the 12" single because Incident On 57th Street from Nassau 29.12.1980 is on the B-Side:)).

...and this is very, very, nice, too.:wub: (The Japanese vinyl single)

(But remember my wallet and my bank accountant did not like those things at all, ladies and gentlemen!:P)

BRUCE_SPRINGSTEEN_WAR-55157.jpg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Lampi said:

War (The single with the most ugly sleeve in Bruce history)

It wasn't that bad was it? 

9 hours ago, J said:

Here you go... just found this:

Maybe Bruce should have asked Steve to produce the whole album. He certainly seemed more in touch with early nineties sounds (whether you think that's a good thing or not) than Bruce. If he's responsible for choosing the samples then he's certainly responsible for turning a bog standard average tune into a great one. Another CD single to track down...

1 hour ago, J said:

It wasn't that bad was it? 

I was talking about this, the standard world wide sleeve, with the Japanse version above an exception.

R-586351-1272581749.jpeg.jpg

1 hour ago, Lampi said:

I was talking about this, the standard world wide sleeve, with the Japanse version above an exception.

R-586351-1272581749.jpeg.jpg

I don't see why that's so bad... It's just a live pic... 

I think the Cover Me or I'm Going Down or Dancing In The Dark or I'm On Fire covers were all far far worse... 

Great Stuff looking at the collectibles .... I was always to cheap and poor to get involved ....That vinyl 57 channels with the small hole ...very cool ....I am sad though...My musical mind is slipping ....I have the CD Single...and i don't think i would have remembered that Part Man Part Monkey was the "b" side ....and that sort of crap trivia is important to me

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, J said:

I think the Cover Me or I'm Going Down or Dancing In The Dark or I'm On Fire covers were all far far worse... 

Yes, you are right about Cover Me, with that horrible picture of Rambo...:huh::wacko::unsure::o...ehm I mean that horrible picture of Bruce...:lol: (but, despite the smiley, in fact nothing to laugh about, really horrible)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dr. Zoom said:

What about the cassette singles? They lasted fir about 1/4 of a minute... 

The Cassingle!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lampi said:

...and this is very, very, nice, too.:wub: (The Japanese vinyl single)

(But remember my wallet and my bank accountant did not like those things at all, ladies and gentlemen!:P)

BRUCE_SPRINGSTEEN_WAR-55157.jpg

A STRONG single... Love it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

That's class, i've got the 'poster' for this framed on my wall.

One of my favourite singles (a big one, with incident on the B Side!!)

• Like 2

Brilliant Disguise is done really well by this band and Bruce's vocal...man, it's effortless. He just floats along the melody.

I mentioned the outro earlier in this thread. It's beautiful.

8 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Brilliant Disguise is done really well by this band and Bruce's vocal...man, it's effortless. He just floats along the melody.

Thank god someone got this thread back on track....

:P

9 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Brilliant Disguise seems to be his litmus paper. Depending on the strength and tone of his emotions, this song can be frightful & full of doubt (in the 1988 live versions), encouraging (Christic) and sort of mellow and easy in 93.

I love all of them-

• Like 1

You always have the Blaster Mix Single Covers of DITD, BITUSA an d Cover Me.

blaster.jpg

B.-Back.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

B.-Back (1).jpg

blas usa.jpg

On 1/6/2018 at 2:30 AM, Jerseyfornia said:

I'm still hoping they release October 22, 1992 or at least a show with Soul Driver, Real World and The Long Goodbye, but this will satisfy me for now. It's not my favorite Springsteen period, but I don't think it's without value. I like at least half the songs on Human Touch and all of Lucky Town and, like most of Bruce's music, they are better live. The band did fine on the new material, but the classics, with a few exceptions like Atlantic City and Growin' Up, couldn't help but fall short in the natural comparison to the E Street performances. Bruce, at least at the few shows I saw on that tour, was still the passionate powerhouse I expected him to be (Shit, he still is) and I had a great time.

I get my mail on E Street, but it doesn't mean I can't go to a party down the block. It's 2:30 in the morning and I'm just finally in and putting it on.

The archive series will be long and fruitful. I've been ready for another detour. I'm sure we'll be back on E Street in just about 30 days.

But no fucking Soul Driver?

Assjacks.

I was at both Shoreline shows and while I do like the 22nd set list a little more would love to have the 21st since it was the first concert my older son ever attended. As long as we get an early tour show that has more of the HT/LT material I will be happy.  It seems to be that way with some of the more recent tours as well where we get a show later in the tour so most of the new stuff is out of the setlist by then.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2018 at 1:12 PM, Karembu said:

One grumble though... what lemon thought it was a good idea to have Star-Spangled Banner at the end of Loving Proof rather than at the start of BITUSA or at least as it's own track on the sequencing?! 

Since you mention this, one of my big grumbles with releases in general is the way that spoken bits that are intros to one song get put at the end of another.  I just picked up the Buffalo 2009 show and it drives me nuts that Bruce talking about how they are doing Restless Nights for Steven is the end of The Promised Land and it happens all the time with lots of artists on videos as well.  UGGHH!

1 hour ago, LJ65 said:

I was at both Shoreline shows and while I do like the 22nd set list a little more would love to have the 21st since it was the first concert my older son ever attended. As long as we get an early tour show that has more of the HT/LT material I will be happy.  It seems to be that way with some of the more recent tours as well where we get a show later in the tour so most of the new stuff is out of the setlist by then.

I was at those. I thought Soul Driver was the highlight of the shows. They did a great Trapped too on night one there. But Soul Driver was the finest thing from that tour IMO. A really great sparse arrangement, and better than the Christic versions, which was a rare thing to be.

I wonder if one of you is the person who asked me what album Brilliant Disguise was from then argued endlessly with me that it definitely wasn't from Tunnel of Love.

28 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I wonder if one of you is the person who asked me what album Brilliant Disguise was from then argued endlessly with me that it definitely wasn't from Tunnel of Love.

It's obviously from Greatest Hits, dude. It says so on the back of the case. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

It's obviously from Greatest Hits, dude. It says so on the back of the case. 

True.

But false in 1992.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LJ65 said:

Since you mention this, one of my big grumbles with releases in general is the way that spoken bits that are intros to one song get put at the end of another.  I just picked up the Buffalo 2009 show and it drives me nuts that Bruce talking about how they are doing Restless Nights for Steven is the end of The Promised Land and it happens all the time with lots of artists on videos as well.  UGGHH!

I hear you, but I dislike even more when the intro is at the start of the track... I want to hear the song... I don't want to hear some intros every time I listen to the song.... When I edit stuff (like a full concert pinched from YT for example) and it's worth the time and effort, I make the intro's separate tracks. That way when I want to hear a full show I can, and if I just want the music, I can program accordingly... Different strokes I guess.

• Like 1