OFFICIAL MLB 2018 Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Powers 15, 16, 14 and 13 at Wrigley today. Started off beautiful, low 70’s...wind shifts in the 4th inning 180* and came into the park off the lake. Temps dropped 18*...but I had an Old Style, a brat

Finally got to see the Red Sox at Fenway on a chilly, rainy night. Thought baseball was "the summer game". Rick Porcello had a no hitter against the hated Yankees until the 7th inning.  Pic of my

Have tix for April 11 game at Fenway against the Yankees. Fan for at least 65 years and it will be the first time I've seen the Sox in a regular season game. Though with the way the weather is going i

Posted Images

Well back before Christmas the Cardinals were hot and heavy after another big bat.

Looking into Manny Machado or Josh Donaldson, both are on last year of deals, and I think the Cards may be a bit gun shy.

But haven't heard anymore rumbling about it since.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • judyg pinned this topic

Kris Bryant sets a record with $10.8M arbitration award. 

Well deserved, but dayum....

I have no idea how th Cubs are gonna be able to afford him when he hits FA after they land Harper next year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2018 at 7:09 AM, Jimmy James said:

Well back before Christmas the Cardinals were hot and heavy after another big bat.

Looking into Manny Machado or Josh Donaldson, both are on last year of deals, and I think the Cards may be a bit gun shy.

But haven't heard anymore rumbling about it since.

 

Machado is off the table.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Power13 said:

Kris Bryant sets a record with $10.8M arbitration award. 

Well deserved, but dayum....

I have no idea how th Cubs are gonna be able to afford him when he hits FA after they land Harper next year. 

What was the clubs offer? Do you think that may affect future talks? I mean do you think their offer may have pissed him off?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

What was the clubs offer? Do you think that may affect future talks? I mean do you think their offer may have pissed him off?

Actually, they may have settled before it actually went to arbitration....not certain. All seem very pleased with the outcome. 

Update -agreement before arbitration. Cubs also raced agreements with Hendricks, Russell and LaStella. Only one they have not reached agreemen with is Juston Grimm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think one of the two post above here is more sincere than the other one.

Pirates aren't even trying to pretend to field a good/decent/competitive team until the trade deadline.  They need a new owner.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

I am quite happy with this.  Interested to see what they gave up.

They gave up a young pitcher that had been a top prospect at one time and a young outfielder. Some $$ exchanged hands as well.

Obviously the Giants are going for it in 2018.  McCutchen is over 30 and a free agent after this year.  Longoria is also over 30.  IMO they are both still very good ballplayers and an upgrade for the Giants, but both are on the downside of their careers.  Longoria also has a huge contract for another few seasons and will not be putting up numbers that reflect the huge dollars he'll be getting.

If the Giants make it to the WS this year, these are good deals....if not, there not....IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BillyB said:

They gave up a young pitcher that had been a top prospect at one time and a young outfielder. Some $$ exchanged hands as well.

Obviously the Giants are going for it in 2018.  McCutchen is over 30 and a free agent after this year.  Longoria is also over 30.  IMO they are both still very good ballplayers and an upgrade for the Giants, but both are on the downside of their careers.  Longoria also has a huge contract for another few seasons and will not be putting up numbers that reflect the huge dollars he'll be getting.

If the Giants make it to the WS this year, these are good deals....if not, there not....IMO. 

Agreed.  And it is an even-numbered year...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2018 at 5:58 PM, Mission Man in AZ said:

Let's not forget that a 5000-1 shot won the Premier League and Britain actually voted FOR Brexit.

2016: It was a very strange year.

It actually occurred in 2017, but it was the championship for the 2016 season.  Let’s not forget Super bowl LI, or as I will remember it, Super bowl 28-3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday Night Baseball broadcast crew.

Matt Vasgersian 
Jessica Mendoza 
Alex Rodriguez 
Buster Olney-field reporting 

Surprised ESPN was able to snag Vasgersian. He's been at FOX Sports for a long time. This is a quality crew. 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22188646/alex-rodriguez-join-espn-sunday-night-baseball

Also some preliminary scheduling of SNB games. MLB seems to have gotten most of this right. One early season game on east coast at night in cold temperatures. 

Apr. 1 San Francisco Giants at Los Angeles Dodgers
Apr. 8 New York Mets at Washington Nationals
Apr. 15 Texas Rangers at Houston Astros
Apr. 22 Washington Nationals at Los Angeles Dodgers
Apr. 29 New York Yankees at Los Angeles Angels** – Olney’s Pick!
May 6 Chicago Cubs at St. Louis Cardinals
May 13 Washington Nationals at Arizona Diamondbacks
May 20 Cleveland Indians at Houston Astros
May 27* San Francisco Giants at Chicago Cubs
July 1 Boston Red Sox at New York Yankees
July 22 New York Mets at New York Yankees
July 29 Chicago Cubs at St. Louis Cardinals
Aug. 19 MLB Little League Classic

 

New York Mets at Philadelphia Phillies** – Mendoza’s Pick!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • judyg unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.