Great recording of Jan 9th Broadway on Jungleland

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've listened up to Tenth. I've had to stop. I'm gone again.If there's one human on the planet that I wish creation would give another 70 years, it's this man.   

Woooah!!!!! Holy shit, someone recorded the show @Kay and I atttemded?  My god, I am shaking. I thought that was purely 2 hours of memory I needed to store safely.  Gonna see if my Junglelan

Some of us used to watch blank screens with scratchy sound and think THEY were amazing. This is relatively amazing sound.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I ended up really annoying the OP of the thread with that post, and he hasn't been back since. In hindsight I realise my wording was poor, I didn't want to offend anyone at all, but I can understand now why some people would have taken offence.  

What I should have said, and what was my actual thought process, was; this is Bruce's passion project, he's specifically asked for people not to record these shows, and in people doing that, it's disobeying him, it wouldn't 'please' him. And in listening to it, I wasn't really showing concern as to what was right or wrong. I felt like I should've avoided because, "that's what Bruce would want" or some crap like that, but listened because in reality I was really excited to hear the show and couldn't care less.

Eh, I think he'll be back- probably already has. 

But technically, recording is prohibited at every show- it's printed right on the ticket. So, we're in fact "disobeying" Bruce anytime we take pics/ video, or record, or watch or listen to them. I had heard that "the band" wasn't happy with people Periscoping last tour, yet nobody (us fans) seemed to have a problem with that. I get that everybody has their own moral compass, but to my mind, it's not really much different than any other show in that regard.

Now, I don't think it's okay for someone to disturb others around them by recording, though I assume it's much easier to be stealth with audio only.

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, misty rain said:

Eh, I think he'll be back- probably already has. 

But technically, recording is prohibited at every show- it's printed right on the ticket. So, we're in fact "disobeying" Bruce anytime we take pics/ video, or record, or watch or listen to them. I had heard that "the band" wasn't happy with people Periscoping last tour, yet nobody (us fans) seemed to have a problem with that. I get that everybody has their own moral compass, but to my mind, it's not really much different than any other show in that regard.

Now, I don't think it's okay for someone to disturb others around them by recording, though I assume it's much easier to be stealth with audio only.

I recall him using that point in response, albeit a bit more aggressively.

It's funny how we don't seem to mind when it's full Band shows, but when it's this we seem to want to abide by the 'law'. Maybe it's because they've been pushed more intensely than they usually are for E Street Band shows. 

31 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

It's funny how we don't seem to mind when it's full Band shows, but when it's this we seem to want to abide by the 'law'. Maybe it's because they've been pushed more intensely than they usually are for E Street Band shows. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "they've been pushed more intensely..." , but yeah, you're right. IMO, it's all just degrees of the same thing.

I don't think Bruce would be very happy about someone selling Blu-rays that use his official audio, but some people don't have a problem with those, either.

1 minute ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Basically, the rules of "don't record this" have been enforced more than they seem to be at E Street Band concerts. 

Ah, I get it. I think that's just because it's easier to police it in a small venue. It does happen at ESB shows- I know someone who was kicked out for streaming, I think on the High Hopes tour, so not that long ago. He said they thought he was filming.

44 minutes ago, misty rain said:

Ah, I get it. I think that's just because it's easier to police it in a small venue. It does happen at ESB shows- I know someone who was kicked out for streaming, I think on the High Hopes tour, so not that long ago. He said they thought he was filming.

That's true, and a good point. 

Technically he was filming, wasn't he? :lol:

• Like 1

I've listened up to Tenth. I've had to stop. I'm gone again.If there's one human on the planet that I wish creation would give another 70 years, it's this man. 

• Like 8
19 minutes ago, the calvary said:

It's the little changes he makes from the other shows that I've listened to. 

For a show that is meant to be identical each night, he can't half get you going with little different touches he makes to the show. 

That particular Tenth for example, man it can make you laugh, like that 'wooooo' at the start, that's really class. 

As with each listen I'm awe-inspired by that line, "but true rock n roll bands will never die" followed by that bit of piano, oof, that is emotional, and that is stunning. 

And it does stop you in your tracks, the first time it was the band intro, but with this version I. Was. Not. Ready for that line about Clarence before he goes back into the song. I can't put the feeling into words, maybe you can? 

You know, fuck it, the search is done. It's been found. The 9th January 2018 performance is the perfect version of Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

• Bruuuuce! 1

It's an interesting measure of fandom, I guess. I hear absolutely nothing of interest in hearing Bruce croak his way through 'Growin' Up' et al. It just reminds me how much range his voice has lost and no, I feel absolutely no guilt watching or listening to any clips. I mean, really, it's not like Bruce needs the revenue.

• Like 2

My ‘guilt reference’ was slightly tongue in cheek. As I was lying in bed last night listening, it just crossed my mind that Bruce would not be happy, but hey, he doesn’t know or care if I’m happy or not, so I will listen to the second hour tonight.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

My ‘guilt reference’ was slightly tongue in cheek. As I was lying in bed last night listening, it just crossed my mind that Bruce would not be happy, but hey, he doesn’t know or care if I’m happy or not, so I will listen to the second hour tonight.

How did you listen?

2 hours ago, jmw said:

How do you join?

If you click on the link, it will take you through to their website and then you just sign up, you have to wait a few minutes for them to send email confirmation and that’s it. It must be easy if I managed it!!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, JustDan said:

That's why it's called a "bootleg" Jack. For a boot, it's pretty fookin' great. 

Damn....Give 'em an inch, they want a mile...It's a friggin' bootleg :unsure:

Thank you, yes I know. I am an experienced bootleg collector. And it's a decent sounding recording. I was just less than amazed.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

I wasn't sure if people were being serious or not. I agree completely that recording of a show should not impede another paying customer's experience in any way, shape, or form, but beyond that I'm firmly on the side of the bootleggers, without whom we may never have gotten the Archive series. I find it hard to empathise with multimillionaires crying about being ripped off, although I can see how the lack of artistic control might be frustrating.

• Like 1

I have downloaded from jungleland, not listened yet but have converted to MP3 so if anybody needs this just PM I will send then a link to download to there desktop or whatever without joining torrents. The offers there. 

6 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

I joined Jungleland (never done that before) and then just played it through my iPad on headphones, and I still maintain it was amazing!!

I joined years ago but also did not use it again for may years.

Now I've entered JL, got to the specific source, but... now: what do I have to do again to download it?

I've saved the link, but must open it with an app oder so?

Thanks for your help

9 hours ago, bobfan1976 said:

It's an interesting measure of fandom, I guess. I hear absolutely nothing of interest in hearing Bruce croak his way through 'Growin' Up' et al. It just reminds me how much range his voice has lost 

Weird that he croaks on the recording coz croak he did not at the show.  

1 hour ago, theseshadows said:

I joined years ago but also did not use it again for may years.

Now I've entered JL, got to the specific source, but... now: what do I have to do again to download it?

I've saved the link, but must open it with an app oder so?

Thanks for your help

I just clicked on it, it opened and I listened. Anything more complicated than that and I wouldn’t have been able to manage it!

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

I just clicked on it, it opened and I listened. Anything more complicated than that and I wouldn’t have been able to manage it!

Thanks, Ann even I could do this! and that's saying something:D And thanks for the link Buddbabone

• Like 2