Great recording of Jan 9th Broadway on Jungleland

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Bob fan piss off.I saw the show and I wish people would stop posting the conversation and now the videos.Fuckin wait till it's over.This is not just some show in say Cleveland.This is MAGIC.It's a once in a lifetime experience.I The picture he paints with that show is masterpiece.I can't believe I was fortunate to experience this performance.This just lifts him higher into the pantheon of greats.He painted our life story that night.

13 hours ago, gus said:

Hey Bob fan piss off.I saw the show and I wish people would stop posting the conversation and now the videos.Fuckin wait till it's over.This is not just some show in say Cleveland.This is MAGIC.It's a once in a lifetime experience.I The picture he paints with that show is masterpiece.I can't believe I was fortunate to experience this performance.This just lifts him higher into the pantheon of greats.He painted our life story that night.

Jeez gussie, people have the choice as to whether they want to watch the vids or not.  No need to get yer knicks in a twist. 

14 hours ago, gus said:

Good grief. Most people will not be able to see the show live. It takes nothing away from your experience if others watch a YouTube clip of it.

Glad it was such a special night for you. 

I was there on the 11th and love that these videos are coming though. Had I not have been yet, I’d avoid them just like I did the October boots. If I had been unlucky with tickets, then I would still have been happy as it would have been some glimpse into this otherwise unobtainable magic.

It’s a shame that the video has been pulled. I hope the remaining clips which the uploaded teased, still make it online. 

On 1/15/2018 at 5:35 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Basically, the rules of "don't record this" have been enforced more than they seem to be at E Street Band concerts. 

Don't worry, Bruce, I'll delete my copy of this bootleg the day you release one of the Broadway shows in the archive series.

1 minute ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Don't worry, Bruce, I'll delete my copy of this bootleg the day you release one of the Broadway shows in the archive series.

I'd like to think Bruce and co. are aware that fans are of this mindset. Yeah they might 'disobey' requests and record shows, but that's only because they want to listen to Bruce! All these years fans have recorded simply because they want to listen to these shows and when they're realised officially, they are whittled away in to the night.  

16 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Don't see that happening. this will (and should) get an official Sony/Columbia CD/DVD/Blu Ray release.

Not like they won't have a few different nights to choose from...

I can't see a DVD release for some reason - from the promo photos it looks a pretty static show. No doubt this heightens the experience on the night and makes the show as intense as it is, but surely it wouldn't translate that well on DVD? 

Very jealous of all those attending but hope you enjoy. Not heard a bad thing about the show yet, sounds out of this world! Would love it to be brought to a bigger audience, like the arena idea that's been touted, but I hope this doesn't happen - it sounds like its made for the small venue to provide an intimate experience that would certainly get lost at bigger ones.

2 hours ago, BobbyJames said:

Very jealous of all those attending but hope you enjoy. Not heard a bad thing about the show yet, sounds out of this world! Would love it to be brought to a bigger audience, like the arena idea that's been touted, but I hope this doesn't happen - it sounds like its made for the small venue to provide an intimate experience that would certainly get lost at bigger ones.

An arena!?  That would be disastrous.    Talk about detracting.

So is this show available or not?  Steve says no and PattyC implies otherwise. 

9 minutes ago, Thosisd said:

I would love a DVD. However the venue is small. Really small. It’s difficult to see them filming it without damaging the experience for the audience on the night.

Definitely. I was at the show they filmed for Kate Rusby's Christmas DVD a few years back and the cameramen are distracting.

They could probably film it without an audience then mix in the audience sound and a few long shots from unobtrusive fixed cameras. That might be one way of doing it.

30 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Definitely. I was at the show they filmed for Kate Rusby's Christmas DVD a few years back and the cameramen are distracting.

They could probably film it without an audience then mix in the audience sound and a few long shots from unobtrusive fixed cameras. That might be one way of doing it.

Would you go if the tickets were half price but they were clear about the fact that they were going to be filming...? I sure would.

30 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

Would you go if the tickets were half price but they were clear about the fact that they were going to be filming...? I sure would.

Something of that nature would certainly be another option.

Archived