Greasy Lake Community

Great recording of Jan 9th Broadway on Jungleland

4 hours ago, BobbyJames said:

I can't see a DVD release for some reason - from the promo photos it looks a pretty static show. No doubt this heightens the experience on the night and makes the show as intense as it is, but surely it wouldn't translate that well on DVD? 

Very jealous of all those attending but hope you enjoy. Not heard a bad thing about the show yet, sounds out of this world! Would love it to be brought to a bigger audience, like the arena idea that's been touted, but I hope this doesn't happen - it sounds like its made for the small venue to provide an intimate experience that would certainly get lost at bigger ones.

It's a fairly static show, but I think it could be adapted to a DVD release.  Maybe mixing in photos and archival videos, turning it almost into a documentary.  Probably above my pay-grade, but I think the right hands could make it work.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Thosisd said:

I would love a DVD. However the venue is small. Really small. It’s difficult to see them filming it without damaging the experience for the audience on the night.

Who knows. I hope we get an official release in some form.

Don't need a small venue for cameras to ruin a night.  I'm still in therapy from Perth's McCartney stadium gig where stage cameras obstructed my front row view the whole show... :wacko:

On 30/01/2018 at 7:45 AM, Jerseyfornia said:

Don't worry, Bruce, I'll delete my copy of this bootleg the day you release one of the Broadway shows in the archive series.

On 30/01/2018 at 7:48 AM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I'd like to think Bruce and co. are aware that fans are of this mindset. Yeah they might 'disobey' requests and record shows, but that's only because they want to listen to Bruce! All these years fans have recorded simply because they want to listen to these shows and when they're realised officially, they are whittled away in to the night.  

On 31/01/2018 at 12:20 AM, SteveJhb said:

Don't see that happening. this will (and should) get an official Sony/Columbia CD/DVD/Blu Ray release.

Not like they won't have a few different nights to choose from...

I want to experience this soooo badly.... I've got postive uploading status on JL, but I'm holding off because....

a) Maybe Bruce will bring this show to Sydney Opera House. Still be expensive and a tough ticket from 1100 km away, but better than a hemispherevand several oceans distant. I don't want too many spoilers.

B) Maybe there will be a DVD release. Again, the less spoilers the more I will get out of it.

C) Maybe there will be a Nugs release. In the absence of b), I'd say this is $1.10 odds likely. No spoilers until I can hear it in best possible quality.

But I'm so bloody close to caving. Is the quality good enough that I should sacrifice the above three for a chance to hear the Bruceness....?

4 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

No idea how or why the letter b followed by a brackett was replaced by an emoticon. Bloody weird board....

I've had that issue before as well, it normally means I have to end up doing a 1, 2 instead of an a, b

The reason it turns into the cool emoji is because when you combine B and ) it forms that face and the forum automatically links to the emoji

5 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

No idea how or why the letter b followed by a brackett was replaced by an emoticon. Bloody weird board....

a small "b" plus a  )   equals   B)  

Nothing we can do about the software package    b )  is your best option

On 30/01/2018 at 7:44 PM, SteveJhb said:

Would you go if the tickets were half price but they were clear about the fact that they were going to be filming...? I sure would.

Maybe they could give the tickets away, say to listeners of E Street Radio!

I liked the show this thread was originally about. His singing was great, fantastic at times (like on Born In The USA), and the stories sounded more like he was telling them to you and not the monotone of reading them from a couple (?) months before, before he had it all memorized. He sounded much more into it on this which made all the difference in the world just listening to it.

It was a great recording too.

On 05/02/2018 at 6:46 AM, Thosisd said:

I’m hoping that the guy who was posting his videos from the 11th finds his way to Jungleland eventually.

Me too. There's a video from the 18th (I think) which is no where near as good as the ones that guy had up. Does anyone here know who he/she is?

• 1 month later...

His name was Jorg Mehlow.

He had all kinds of live Bruce videos on YouTube. Such a shame that everything has been pulled!

Wish he’d reappear somewhere as his Broadway videos were brilliant. Ive found someone of the same name on Facebook and messaged them but received no response. 

Anyone have any ideas?

I know some people hate the idea of clips leaking, and I get it, but these were the specific show I was at and it was very exciting to relive it.

Couldn't see the video on Jungleland, didn’t come up in search. Do you have to browse for it?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:07 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I did with the very first bootleg I listened to, the 5th October show. I posted on the "Is anyone else surprised there hasn't been 1 tape yet?" thread:

"The first thing you hear is, "recording is prohibited", which made me feel that the fact this recording exists, and that in listening to it myself, were really shitty.

But I listened up to the end of Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out because I apparently don't have morals."

I ended up really annoying the OP of the thread with that post, and he hasn't been back since. In hindsight I realise my wording was poor, I didn't want to offend anyone at all, but I can understand now why some people would have taken offence.  

What I should have said, and what was my actual thought process, was; this is Bruce's passion project, he's specifically asked for people not to record these shows, and in people doing that, it's disobeying him, it wouldn't 'please' him. And in listening to it, I wasn't really showing concern as to what was right or wrong. I felt like I should've avoided because, "that's what Bruce would want" or some crap like that, but listened because in reality I was really excited to hear the show and couldn't care less.

(Sorry this is really long)

Having now listened to the show multiple times, I feel no guilt. Until a professional recording/DVD is released, I'd have no way of listening to this show and changing my initial negative perceptions of it. In the 3 months that have passed since I've grown to have no problems with Bruce doing this run. Yes, there are still some done-to-death aspects I don't like, but the show itself is phenomenal, and I'm glad I've had the chance to hear some great versions of songs, some beautifully eloquent monologues that reminded me why I love Bruce Springsteen, and I can't wait to buy any officially released audio/video material when they come. 

I'm back. Glad to see you came to your senses on recordings. Now who has this Jan 11 video? I have Jan 19 video but this is the first I have heard of a Jan 11. Anyone talk to the original uploader? Anyone trading the full show video?

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:32 AM, Thosisd said:

His name was Jorg Mehlow.

He had all kinds of live Bruce videos on YouTube. Such a shame that everything has been pulled!

Wish he’d reappear somewhere as his Broadway videos were brilliant. Ive found someone of the same name on Facebook and messaged them but received no response. 

Anyone have any ideas?

I know some people hate the idea of clips leaking, and I get it, but these were the specific show I was at and it was very exciting to relive it.

Couldn't see the video on Jungleland, didn’t come up in search. Do you have to browse for it?

Jan 11 video has never appeared on Jungleland (which is offline atm).  Someone needs to find that guy.

On 3/31/2018 at 3:38 AM, ThePhisherman said:

Jan 11 video has never appeared on Jungleland (which is offline atm).  Someone needs to find that guy.

Maybe someone already found that guy...

(Twilight Zone Theme plays softly in the background)

Archived